Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
although a great feat of strength, it seems every time he does it he ends up getting stuck on the turn buckle and tasting a punch/suplex/something.

whens the last time lifting himself up like he does was a good idea? Its become routine now, whenever he does it its like "right the other guys getting up and gonna smack him in the face"

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Haha yeah. I've noticed that too. It's a bit like Ric Flair going to the turnbuckles, like Taz said when he went up against Lethal "what is he now, 0 for 10,000 doing this?"

I don't take it that seriously though, it looks great. He should do it on the ropes to avoid getting thrown out or something though, make it useful.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
don't get me wrong I think its great a guy of his size can do that, I'd just like him to do something successfully from it.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I've noticed this aswel, but I think as time goes by he's going to perfect it and in about a year he'll hopefully doing it a lot better.

·
Number 30 in the Rumble
1,622 Posts
It's awesome to see a big man do high flying moves, hopefully it will be more successful in the future.

·
Perry Karavello
602 Posts
I have no idea what this is referring to.

Does he sit on the ground an then pull himself up and do a back spin to sit on the turnbuckle?

I watch Impact every week but I've never been big on Hernandez so I guess I just haven't noticed.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

beginning of the clip, thats what I was referring to. Can't remember a time when he got up and did some damage without getting caught first.

Its badass he can pick him self up like that, would be good to see him pull of a clean move following it.

·
Registered
380 Posts
He moves with ease, even though he's like 300 pounds or something.

And yes, the Ric Flair climbing up the turnbuckle was what came to mind too. I was always curious to see what Flair would actually do if he jumped off.

·
Wrestling In Africa
3,354 Posts
All of Hernandez's "feats of strength are stupid. Doing things like breaking cuffs and jumping headfirst into unlocked cage doors. We get it he's strong but it just looks stupid.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Haha yeah. I've noticed that too. It's a bit like Ric Flair going to the turnbuckles, like Taz said when he went up against Lethal "what is he now, 0 for 10,000 doing this?"
Every real wrestling fan knows Flair is going for his real finisher, the flying axe handle. I Could swear he hit it once on Buddy Lee Parker. Really, you know people have been like, you can do it on me this time, Ric!

·
Lose for Hughes!
3,798 Posts
It's just one of those signature moves that a wrestler will do all of the time, even if it turns out badly for that wrestler everytime.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts