Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
The Middle Rope
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always thought Hernandez was a great tag team wrestler, but never rated him as a singles wrestler due to his lack of personality and the fact he always seemed to look awkward in the ring.

Since he's been to Mexico he seems like a totally different person. He was awesome on impact last night, absolute brutal border toss on Doug Williams. He seemed so much more comfortable. Maybe the monster heel TNA have been looking for.

The fact they let him just totally crush a guy like Doug Williams, (A guy that they have built up well over the last year) indicates to me that this is the start of a big push for Heel super mex. Hopefully this push doesn't fall short and run out of steam like 90% of the pushes TNA give wrestlers. Thoughts?

·
Registered
752 Posts
I always thought Hernandez was a great tag team wrestler, but never rated him as a singles wrestler due to his lack of personality and the fact he always seemed to look awkward in the ring.

Since he's been to Mexico he seems like a totally different person. He was awesome on impact last night, absolute brutal border toss on Doug Williams. He seemed so much more comfortable. Maybe the monster heel TNA have been looking for.

The fact they let him just totally crush a guy like Doug Williams, (A guy that they have built up well over the last year) indicates to me that this is the start of a big push for Heel super mex. Hopefully this push doesn't fall short and run out of steam like 90% of the pushes TNA give wrestlers. Thoughts?
Like Douglas Williams?

I'm all good with giving Hernandez a squash match, but Douglas was the wrong guy. Hopefully this will start a fued between the two, but I'm sure it's gonna be Matt Morgan, ugh.

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
It will fall flat. One reason why most pushes fall flat is because they're in front of the same crowd every week so reaction died down all the time. You can't be that excited if tapings are so close to eachother and the same people ar being there.

I mean, I went through a stage of liking Hernandez, but right now he's kinda falling back into what he used to do where he had this stupid movement. Like he bounces for no reason. He doesn't look natural is what I'm saying, because I don't picture anyone doing that in real life (the bounching every 5 seconds with no speaking).

I'm not saying he's bad, but he from what I've seen since he's been back, he hasn't improved all that much either. Sure he does give Immortal that bit of a boost that they need in star power, but ehhh.

Also I don't think Doug was the right guy to put him over. It didn't do anything for either man. Border Toss was pretty sick though. Worrying, but I heard Doug's ok, so it's cool.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I don't think it was smart to turn him heel right away .. just when he returned ..

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
I'm not entirely sure I see almost injuring a man in his first match back as a great sign of improvement, if I'm honest. Although I'd be more willing to overlook it if it hadn't been Williams he was squash-crippling, so I'll give him a little leeway and see if he continues to impress in future appearances.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I personally like his new swag he's got, he was always confident but Homicide was always the upbeat vocal one of LAX which kinda left Hernandez as the big muscle in the background. He's a lot more confident now though and his skill has definitely improved, though one thing I picked up on immediately was the change from his old 'Teeth whistle' theme song back to the 187 LAX. Perhaps the Latino Nation is making a comeback, I do miss watching Homicide in TNA.

P.S. That Border Toss was epic.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hernandez! Its good to see him in the ring looking the part, before he left he wasn't bad but he didn't really stand out. I hope they don't rerun his feud with Morgan it didn't work. Honestly I hope they bring back LAX as well possibly with a few new faces,(Mysterio?) they could be that third faction. They could come in while everyone is caught up in the Immortal Fortune thing, snatch up some gold or all the gold and take over for a second.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Im not really feeling Hernandez at all since his return.

His whole white america rant 2 Impact's ago was awful.

Sure, Williams landed pretty sick during that boarder toss during last night's Impact... But did you see the shirt-around-neck throw? That was cringe worthy.

Im sure Hernandez will improve. He is a great athlete, even if his matches are always the same old thing again and again (Im talking about the 5 big moves he does pretty much EVERY match: 1) dive over ropes to outside ring 2) dive over ropes into the ring and clothline opponent, 3) shirt-around-neck throw 4) spinning power bomb type move, and 5) boarder toss. While all those moves are really impressive, it wears off when you see him doing them each week for years on end.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I'm not going to read all of that because in the UK it airs tommorow, but I always thought he was awesome. LAX was a solid tag team, although his 'gangster' image was awful in comparrison to actually thugging Homicide (where he go?). Hernandez was brilliant in his short main event push. When he went against Sting I was like "YES!" then MEM got involved. He joined the triple threat with the briefcase and again I was thinking it was awesome. He anhialated Angle but stupid Eric Young's heel took him out with a piledriver. Fucking sucked. Hernandez is awesome but only when pushed. He can fall into the boring catagory at times.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
He's ok but nothing special. The promo the other week with Morgan wasn't the greatest either. It didn't make sense to turn him heel straight away, but hell that's TNA for you, lol.

I actually think the border toss to Douglas Williams looked brutal, but it looked like he botched it slightly. Looked like Williams could have broke his neck.

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
I agree. I think they should have Sarita and that other chick as his two valets.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I don't understand why TNA pushes him. Hernandez is in his later 30s. In a year or so he will be 40. Why push no namers when they're that age. He was okay in LAX since it was the team that was over, but a singles push now..i don't get it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
He's lost something since his return. Maybe it's something he added: his swagger which I never liked much.

He needs a little modification in the ring. He feels very limited in his move set, but he needs to find a way to make them flow better in his matches, like a Goldberg.

I hope they keep the Latinas as his valets. TNA hasn't done much to try to appeal to the Latino market. Just as the NBA are trying to do, they should reach out to the fast growing segment of the population.

·
Registered
752 Posts
He's ok but nothing special. The promo the other week with Morgan wasn't the greatest either. It didn't make sense to turn him heel straight away, but hell that's TNA for you, lol.

I actually think the border toss to Douglas Williams looked brutal, but it looked like he botched it slightly. Looked like Williams could have broke his neck.
Change Douglas Williams to Randy Orton and Hernandez to Mr. Kennedy and someone would be without a job right now.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Change Douglas Williams to Randy Orton and Hernandez to Mr. Kennedy and someone would be without a job right now.
Aha, you might be on to something there.

I don't understand why TNA pushes him. Hernandez is in his later 30s. In a year or so he will be 40. Why push no namers when they're that age. He was okay in LAX since it was the team that was over, but a singles push now..i don't get it.
I agree, they should really be pushing The Pope or Samoa Joe, more so than Hernandez.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I wouldn’t use a forgettable 2-minute backstage vignette with Bischoff, a PPV promo that every report I read said was bad, or a 2 minute TV match that we only saw half of because they cut to the Knockouts brawling during the middle where Hernandez delivered a sloppy border toss that resulted in Williams landing straight on his head (that wasn’t the only sloppy move in that match either) as evidence that he has improved. At the very least, wait until he wrestles a 4-minute match where he doesn’t nearly injury a guy to make that declaration.

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
Cause if you can go, you can go. Why build for the future continuously? Why not build for today? He has years in him. Daniels was touching 40 and was one of the best workers for ages.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts