Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Justice 4 Asuka
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe the Women's division has the talent, they just need more storylines, promos, Vignettes and more featured feuds to make people care. This is how I'd book the next few weeks.

Dynamite 21/10

Britt Baker comes out and waits for her opponent, a returning Shanna appears, (if she's still unavailable then Serena Deeb) Baker and Shanna have a solid 7-8 minute match, which Baker wins.

After the match Britt cuts an in-ring promo on how she's the face of the division and will take on anyone. Abandons music hits and she slowly crawls to the ring, Britt and Reba look terrified. Britt manages to escape but Reba isn't so lucky and Abadon gives her a Widows peak. The segment finishes with Abadon staring down a terrified Britt Baker.

Later in the Show Shanna is being interviewed backstage about her defeat and gives a very emotional interview about how she sacrificed leaving her family to persue her dreams and intends to start climbing the rankings again. She's interupted by Ivelisse who claims to be the new locker room leader and demands Shanna show her respect. Shanna refuses and Ivelisse beats her down backstage with help from Diamante.

We also get a 3-4 minute promo package of Shida and Nyla upcoming match at Full-Gear which is announced earlier in the show, both Women give their upcoming thoughts on the match.

Altogether you help buildup the title match and create 2 new feuds in Baker/Abadon and Shanna/Ivelisse and that's all done in less than 20 mins combined.

Dark 27/10

We need more storyline progression and big women's matches on Dark as well, at least until the 2nd show starts.

Penelope Ford and Big Swole give backstage Promos about why they dislike each other during different times of the show.

Ford v Serena Deeb - Ford wins in a 7-9 Min match where both Women get to showcase their abillity.

Shanna v Jobber - Shanna gets her first win since returning and after the match challenges Ivelisse to a match.

Ivelisse v Tay Conti - Ivelisse is interviewed backstage and accepts Shanna's challenge and says that she needs to learn the hard way to respect her. She also says that she's putting the roster on notice starting with Tay Conti. Ivelisse wins in a competitive 7 min match.

Dynamite 28/10

Halloween edition, so I'd have Abadon stalking Britt throughout the arena in multiple segments throughout the night, end the night with Britt escaping and having to go into the Jaguars stadium just to escape her.

Tag team match - Shida/Shanna v Ivelisse/Diamante - Shida and Shanna win in 10 mins, Ivelisse and Diamante attack Shanna after the match, Shida tries to help but Nyla appears and beats down Shida with a kendo Stick, but the beatdown doesn't end there, Nyla drags Shida to the announce table and powerbombs Shida through the announce table (I would've had this happen last week instead on Nyla standing there like a dumbass). Time to get some heat back into this feud.

Brandi is interviewed on the stage and challenges Anna Jay to a match at Full-Gear ( Britt/Abadon, Ford/Swole and Shanna/Ivelisse could've been the 2nd Full-Gear match but Anna/Brandi has been going on longer so went with this) Anna Jay from behind chokes out Brandi and accepts the challenge and leaves her out on the stage, similar to the first time she choked her out.

Altogether that's about 12 mins for tag match and post match beatdown, 5 mins for Brandi/Anna segment and about 3 or 4 1-2 min Britt/Abadon segments. So about 20-25 mins total on a 2 hour show.

Dark 3/11

Swole v Jobber - Swole wins, Penelope Ford attacks Swole after the match but Swole manages to fight her off. A pissed off Swole is later interviewed backstage and challenges Ford on the Friday night dark.

Shanna v Diamante - Shanna wins, which sets up Shanna/Ivelisse on the Friday night Dark.

Anna Jay/Tay Conti v Brandi/Red Velvet -

Before the match we get an Anna Jay and Tay backstage promo. Anna tells Tay that she needs to decide by the end of the night whether she wants to join the Dark Order. The match is a 7-10 min match with Red Velvet pinning Tay to win the match for her and Brandi. After the match a furious Anna Jay manipulates Tay into joining the Dark Order telling her that she keeps losing in singles and keeps losing the match for them every time they team up and the only way this will turn around is if she joins. Tay reluctantly joins.

Dynamite 4/10

Britt Baker cuts a promo from her Dental surgery office explaining that she doesn't feel safe in daily place while Abadon is there. The lights suddenly go out and when they come back on Abadon is in the room. A terrified Britt runs away.

We get a 2 minute video recap on what happened on Dark, this should happen every week, this will get more people to watch dark if these dark feuds are promoted more on Dynamite.

We also get a 3 minute promo with Anna Jay and Brandi hyping up there match for Full-Gear.

Nyla v Deep - Nyla wins pretty decively in 5 mins. After the match Shida returns, still selling her injury from last week. They both start fighting but Nyla gets the better of her and once again leaves Shida beaten down. The segment ends with Nyla holding the title above a battered Shida.

Altogether that's about 15 mins all around building up multiple feuds.

Dark 6/10

These Special dark episodes before a PPV should have bigger matches on them.

Shanna v Ivelisse - This is a good 10 minute fight which Ivelisse wins.

Swole v Ford - Ford wins, she needs it more and I think she's got far more potential

Anna Jay v Jobber - Anna Jay comes out with Tay by her side. Anna chokes out her opponent in 3 mins and then stares down Brandi at the end of the match who's the special guest commentator.

There you go, that's how I'd book the show's until Full-Gear.

After Full-Gear I'd have..

Ivelisse challenges Shida for the special Dynamite between Full-Gear and revolution.

Britt eventually overcomes Abadon and is then moved into the title picture.

Nyla/Abadon "Beast v Monster" feud

Swole/Diamante feud

Shanna/Penelope feud.

Anna Jay and Tay Conti continue there story which eventually leads to a feud between them.

All of these feuds and storylines should keep us going until 2021 and then hopefully by then we have Statlander, Riho and Yuka back which opens the door for a whole new set of possibilities.

Also I'd have Ivelisse and Diamante join Kingston and the Lucha Bros and get them part of their stable to get them featured on TV even more, and once Tay leaves the Dark Order she can join Jurassic express, this has already been teased.

The talent is there, Tony Kahn just needs to get more creative and book these girls in storylines and feuds. Fuck if an average fan like myself can come up with this in 30 mins then the company should be coming up with far better.

Damn, wasn't expecting this to be so long lol. This isn't perfect but I'm no creative expert, I don't get paid by the hour for this shit.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
I don't want to shit on this but nothing really stands out as must see. The stories aren't my cup of tea and the talent aren't compelling or interesting. I (And I imagine the rest of the audience) don't have emotional investment in any of these women yet apart from maybe Britt but to be honest she's kind of a comedy goof now.

That's the key part before you can start writing stories. You need to make people care and you do that by telling stories, explaining why these ladies fight, explaining their motivations etc. Why does Shida give a fuck about the AEW belt? Why is Britt Baker a wrestling dentist? How can I hate Britt when she doesn't really do anything heelish? How can I buy into Abadon as a threat when I've seen her on TV for like 30 seconds in the past 6 months?

Build up these women, make them interesting and then book your feuds and stories with them. It's the same deal with a lot of the male wrestlers like a couple weeks ago when it was mentioned that Will Hobbs' brother who dreamed of being a pro wrestler was shot dead SHIELDING WILL FROM GUNFIRE. That didn't get mentioned ever when it's such a sad story that it without question should've been the first thing mentioned.

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
I believe the Women's division has the talent, they just need more storylines, promos, Vignettes and more featured feuds to make people care. This is how I'd book the next few weeks.

Dynamite 21/10

Britt Baker comes out and waits for her opponent, a returning Shanna appears, (if she's still unavailable then Serena Deeb) Baker and Shanna have a solid 7-8 minute match, which Baker wins.

After the match Britt cuts an in-ring promo on how she's the face of the division and will take on anyone. Abandons music hits and she slowly crawls to the ring, Britt and Reba look terrified. Britt manages to escape but Reba isn't so lucky and Abadon gives her a Widows peak. The segment finishes with Abadon staring down a terrified Britt Baker.

Later in the Show Shanna is being interviewed backstage about her defeat and gives a very emotional interview about how she sacrificed leaving her family to persue her dreams and intends to start climbing the rankings again. She's interupted by Ivelisse who claims to be the new locker room leader and demands Shanna show her respect. Shanna refuses and Ivelisse beats her down backstage with help from Diamante.

We also get a 3-4 minute promo package of Shida and Nyla upcoming match at Full-Gear which is announced earlier in the show, both Women give their upcoming thoughts on the match.

Altogether you help buildup the title match and create 2 new feuds in Baker/Abadon and Shanna/Ivelisse and that's all done in less than 20 mins combined.

Dark 27/10

We need more storyline progression and big women's matches on Dark as well, at least until the 2nd show starts.

Penelope Ford and Big Swole give backstage Promos about why they dislike each other during different times of the show.

Ford v Serena Deeb - Ford wins in a 7-9 Min match where both Women get to showcase their abillity.

Shanna v Jobber - Shanna gets her first win since returning and after the match challenges Ivelisse to a match.

Ivelisse v Tay Conti - Ivelisse is interviewed backstage and accepts Shanna's challenge and says that she needs to learn the hard way to respect her. She also says that she's putting the roster on notice starting with Tay Conti. Ivelisse wins in a competitive 7 min match.

Dynamite 28/10

Halloween edition, so I'd have Abadon stalking Britt throughout the arena in multiple segments throughout the night, end the night with Britt escaping and having to go into the Jaguars stadium just to escape her.

Tag team match - Shida/Shanna v Ivelisse/Diamante - Shida and Shanna win in 10 mins, Ivelisse and Diamante attack Shanna after the match, Shida tries to help but Nyla appears and beats down Shida with a kendo Stick, but the beatdown doesn't end there, Nyla drags Shida to the announce table and powerbombs Shida through the announce table (I would've had this happen last week instead on Nyla standing there like a dumbass). Time to get some heat back into this feud.

Brandi is interviewed on the stage and challenges Anna Jay to a match at Full-Gear ( Britt/Abadon, Ford/Swole and Shanna/Ivelisse could've been the 2nd Full-Gear match but Anna/Brandi has been going on longer so went with this) Anna Jay from behind chokes out Brandi and accepts the challenge and leaves her out on the stage, similar to the first time she choked her out.

Altogether that's about 12 mins for tag match and post match beatdown, 5 mins for Brandi/Anna segment and about 3 or 4 1-2 min Britt/Abadon segments. So about 20-25 mins total on a 2 hour show.

Dark 3/11

Swole v Jobber - Swole wins, Penelope Ford attacks Swole after the match but Swole manages to fight her off. A pissed off Swole is later interviewed backstage and challenges Ford on the Friday night dark.

Shanna v Diamante - Shanna wins, which sets up Shanna/Ivelisse on the Friday night Dark.

Anna Jay/Tay Conti v Brandi/Red Velvet -

Before the match we get an Anna Jay and Tay backstage promo. Anna tells Tay that she needs to decide by the end of the night whether she wants to join the Dark Order. The match is a 7-10 min match with Red Velvet pinning Tay to win the match for her and Brandi. After the match a furious Anna Jay manipulates Tay into joining the Dark Order telling her that she keeps losing in singles and keeps losing the match for them every time they team up and the only way this will turn around is if she joins. Tay reluctantly joins.

Dynamite 4/10

Britt Baker cuts a promo from her Dental surgery office explaining that she doesn't feel safe in daily place while Abadon is there. The lights suddenly go out and when they come back on Abadon is in the room. A terrified Britt runs away.

We get a 2 minute video recap on what happened on Dark, this should happen every week, this will get more people to watch dark if these dark feuds are promoted more on Dynamite.

We also get a 3 minute promo with Anna Jay and Brandi hyping up there match for Full-Gear.

Nyla v Deep - Nyla wins pretty decively in 5 mins. After the match Shida returns, still selling her injury from last week. They both start fighting but Nyla gets the better of her and once again leaves Shida beaten down. The segment ends with Nyla holding the title above a battered Shida.

Altogether that's about 15 mins all around building up multiple feuds.

Dark 6/10

These Special dark episodes before a PPV should have bigger matches on them.

Shanna v Ivelisse - This is a good 10 minute fight which Ivelisse wins.

Swole v Ford - Ford wins, she needs it more and I think she's got far more potential

Anna Jay v Jobber - Anna Jay comes out with Tay by her side. Anna chokes out her opponent in 3 mins and then stares down Brandi at the end of the match who's the special guest commentator.

There you go, that's how I'd book the show's until Full-Gear.

After Full-Gear I'd have..

Ivelisse challenges Shida for the special Dynamite between Full-Gear and revolution.

Britt eventually overcomes Abadon and is then moved into the title picture.

Nyla/Abadon "Beast v Monster" feud

Swole/Diamante feud

Shanna/Penelope feud.

Anna Jay and Tay Conti continue there story which eventually leads to a feud between them.

All of these feuds and storylines should keep us going until 2021 and then hopefully by then we have Statlander, Riho and Yuka back which opens the door for a whole new set of possibilities.

Also I'd have Ivelisse and Diamante join Kingston and the Lucha Bros and get them part of their stable to get them featured on TV even more, and once Tay leaves the Dark Order she can join Jurassic express, this has already been teased.

The talent is there, Tony Kahn just needs to get more creative and book these girls in storylines and feuds. Fuck if an average fan like myself can come up with this in 30 mins then the company should be coming up with far better.

Damn, wasn't expecting this to be so long lol. This isn't perfect but I'm no creative expert, I don't get paid by the hour for this shit.
I love abadon gimmick - I think she could take off like Orange Cassidy. I'm not sure if they're keeping her off TV to wait for live crowd reaction but I've heard she does good merch sales already.
Britt is classic stooging, arrogant heel - her reactions to abadon will be great.
Certainly agree little thought is given to division by company. Tay & Anna Jay offer to join dark order happened weeks ago & yet still no answer?!

·
Justice 4 Asuka
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love abadon gimmick - I think she could take off like Orange Cassidy. I'm not sure if they're keeping her off TV to wait for live crowd reaction but I've heard she does good merch sales already.
Britt is classic stooging, arrogant heel - her reactions to abadon will be great.
Certainly agree little thought is given to division by company. Tay & Anna Jay offer to join dark order happened weeks ago & yet still no answer?!
Yes, I'm surprised Abadon hasn't been featured more. They should've at the very least given her vignettes or promo time. Her character will sell a lot of merch, especially with the younger demo. Kids live scary characters like that and you'd think with Halloween coming up she's be at least show.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I like your booking OP because it means there are at least storylines and multiple feuds building multiple women. I don't watch DARK because honestly I feel like it's a jobber show and this would help elevate DARK along with other feuds in the men side being recaped on Dynamite.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Well, I get why you want to use Dark to help develop women's storylines. But the women needs storylines that can be developed and progress weekly on Dynamite. That's where the real issue is.

If you want compelling women’s storylines, I would go in this direction...

Dynamite (a week or two before Full Gear)

Tony Schiavone has a sit down interview with Shida to talk about her upcoming title defense against Nyla Rose. In the interview, Shida comes off as heelish, dissing AEW for always putting the focus on Britt Baker instead of their women’s champion, who is a fan favourite. The interview isn’t meant to turn Shida heel; it’s meant to show frustration from the perspective of Shida. JR and Excalibur comment on how shocking the interview is to hear, since Shida's always been a nice person behind the scenes.

Full Gear

Baker interferes in Shida’s defense against Nyla Rose and costs Shida the women’s title.

Dynamite (Full Gear Fallout Show)

Shida attempts payback against Britt Baker, but Diamante & Ivelisse come to Baker’s aid.

Meanwhile Nyla and Vickie announce an open challenge for those who are not in the top five rankings for the women’s title, meaning Dark competitors.

Dynamite (November)

Baker explains what the partnership with Diamante & Ivelisse is all about – elevating the women division. That Baker wants to be women’s champion, and want to help establish a proper women’s tag division for her new friends, and she is the best chance for it to happen. She also makes clear to Shida that she wants payback for her broken nose and her broken leg, which prevented her from winning the women’s title months ago.

Dynamite (December)

Baker, Diamante and Ivelisse get the better of Shida for a few weeks and mock that she has no friends in AEW. That’s when Kris Statlander & Shanna come to her rescue, resulting in a 3 vs 3 feud.

Dynamite (January)

After Nyla has spent the past few months defending against the likes of KiLynn King, Red Velvet, Serena Deeb, & Abadon, plus Big Swole and a successful defense against Shida on a Dynamite tv special, Nyla demands that she gets to face Thunder Rosa at Revolution, and that its title for title.

Meanwhile, Baker and Shida build to a blowoff number one contender’s match at Revolution. This includes a segment where they are in a face to face with Schiavone as moderator and it spirals out of control.

Dynamite (February)

In the build to her blowoff match against Shida, Baker randomly targets Brandi Rhodes and makes clear that she hasn’t forgotten how she skipped out on facing her at DoN nearly two years ago. And after Baker captures the women’s title, she’s coming after her, since Brandi’s done nothing for the women’s division the entire time Baker has been here.

Meanwhile Thunder Rosa defends herself against an attempted post match ambush by Nyla, which noticeably impresses Diamante and Ivelisse.

Revolution

Baker defeats Shida

Thunder Rosa defeats Nyla Rose after Diamante & Ivelisse interfere and assist Rosa in the victory. After a post match beatdown, they celebrate their new alliance.

Dynamite (Revolution Fallout Show)

Diamante & Ivelisse turn on Britt Baker. Brandi is seen smiling on a monitor, foreshadowing their future feud.

------------------------------------------

Just a rough draft over the course of four months, involving overlapping storyarcs with multiple characters in the women's division.

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
Well, I get why you want to use Dark to help develop women's storylines. But the women needs storylines that can be developed and progress weekly on Dynamite. That's where the real issue is.

If you want compelling women’s storylines, I would go in this direction...

Dynamite (a week or two before Full Gear)

Tony Schiavone has a sit down interview with Shida to talk about her upcoming title defense against Nyla Rose. In the interview, Shida comes off as heelish, dissing AEW for always putting the focus on Britt Baker instead of their women’s champion, who is a fan favourite. The interview isn’t meant to turn Shida heel; it’s meant to show frustration from the perspective of Shida. JR and Excalibur comment on how shocking the interview is to hear, since Shida's always been a nice person behind the scenes.

Full Gear

Baker interferes in Shida’s defense against Nyla Rose and costs Shida the women’s title.

Dynamite (Full Gear Fallout Show)

Shida attempts payback against Britt Baker, but Diamante & Ivelisse come to Baker’s aid.

Meanwhile Nyla and Vickie announce an open challenge for those who are not in the top five rankings for the women’s title, meaning Dark competitors.

Dynamite (November)

Baker explains what the partnership with Diamante & Ivelisse is all about – elevating the women division. That Baker wants to be women’s champion, and want to help establish a proper women’s tag division for her new friends, and she is the best chance for it to happen. She also makes clear to Shida that she wants payback for her broken nose and her broken leg, which prevented her from winning the women’s title months ago.

Dynamite (December)

Baker, Diamante and Ivelisse get the better of Shida for a few weeks and mock that she has no friends in AEW. That’s when Kris Statlander & Shanna come to her rescue, resulting in a 3 vs 3 feud.

Dynamite (January)

After Nyla has spent the past few months defending against the likes of KiLynn King, Red Velvet, Serena Deeb, & Abadon, plus Big Swole and a successful defense against Shida on a Dynamite tv special, Nyla demands that she gets to face Thunder Rosa at Revolution, and that its title for title.

Meanwhile, Baker and Shida build to a blowoff number one contender’s match at Revolution. This includes a segment where they are in a face to face with Schiavone as moderator and it spirals out of control.

Dynamite (February)

In the build to her blowoff match against Shida, Baker randomly targets Brandi Rhodes and makes clear that she hasn’t forgotten how she skipped out on facing her at DoN nearly two years ago. And after Baker captures the women’s title, she’s coming after her, since Brandi’s done nothing for the women’s division the entire time Baker has been here.

Meanwhile Thunder Rosa defends herself against an attempted post match ambush by Nyla, which noticeably impresses Diamante and Ivelisse.

Revolution

Baker defeats Shida

Thunder Rosa defeats Nyla Rose after Diamante & Ivelisse interfere and assist Rosa in the victory. After a post match beatdown, they celebrate their new alliance.

Dynamite (Revolution Fallout Show)

Diamante & Ivelisse turn on Britt Baker. Brandi is seen smiling on a monitor, foreshadowing their future feud.

------------------------------------------

Just a rough draft over the course of four months, involving overlapping storyarcs with multiple characters in the women's division.
Like the Latina faction - have Vickie dump Nyla who can't win back title, for tag tournament champions Diamante & Ivelisse and nwa champ Rosa. Nyla can run through them to ultimately face Rosa

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Id keep Shiida running with the title for a bit then have Britt beat her and take it for a bit, until Billie arrives then the title is going to Billie immediately!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Good on you Taker86 and Verbatim

Ive no problem with online bookers, constructive way of doing things (y)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Cool take
Would like to see Shanna come back and pushed
She looked quite good - better than alot of the other talent given TV time anyway

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Like the Latina faction - have Vickie dump Nyla who can't win back title, for tag tournament champions Diamante & Ivelisse and nwa champ Rosa. Nyla can run through them to ultimately face Rosa
That’s a good addition. At some point, I would have Shanna join too and they would put an effort to recruit Tay Conti from the Dark Order. But this is just how I would get the group started.

·
Registered
10,053 Posts
Id like to see a mud match or maybe a pig pen last one standing match.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
They should do all they can to sign Giulia from Stardom and then build the entire division around her.
I'm sure even the ones who have no idea who she is will shortly get in line.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts