Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
43,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UFC just gave me an idea for something that TNA could & probably should try to get SpikeTV to do for them.

Right before their PPV cards, UFC will have a free show on SpikeTV that gives viewers the preliminary fights and basically gets one last push in for the PPV.

And to bring WWE into the mix, during the Attitude Era, Sunday Night Heat was used in a similar way. There would be matches on Heat that would featured guys who wouldn't be on the PPV, and it would also push some last minute angles to wet people's appetite for the event.

TNA has the PPV Preshows, and those are ok I guess, but maybe TNA should think about getting into talks with Spike about having a live one hour "Pre-PPV" special the night of the show where they can have some preliminary matches & lead us into the PPV.

I don't know, but I think it might be cool.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
If there's ever been anything that I wish wrestling would occasionally "borrow" from MMA, it's announcing a full card in advance then building towards it. WWE did this once for Survivor Series 06 I believe where they announced one match a day or something like that.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Yeah the pre-show live could be really good. It would be a great spot for Xplosion imo. Spike usually shows a movie at 8pm so 7-8 could be Xplosion. I remember WCW Main Event was on Sunday nights too and used to hype WCW ppvs in the day.

·
Banned
117 Posts
It's a decent enough idea but I don't think Spike would give them the air time on Sundays. They might be able to do something like that on special occasions ie. Bound For Glory but I can't see it happening on a monthly basis. If they were to get the one hour block, I would let half of it be taken up by Before The Bell and the other half in the way that you described. A full one hour pre-show with free matches is pretty much giving away a mini-PPV for free.

·
Registered
660 Posts
TNA have done pre shows before. I don't think it effected buy rates one iota. I struggle to watch a ppv for 3 hours to be honest and I know I'm not alone. I can't imagine adding more stuff onto the beginning would help that. I'd rather see them sell some ads for the ppv and give it all away for free to be honest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts