Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Extreme Rules has passed us by and man, what a PPV. One of the better PPVs in my opinion. Now onto the question. Seeing as how Extreme Rules was, do you think that this could be like a modern day ECW? I mean ECW is EXTREME Championship Wrestling after all. I think that the success of Extreme Rules can validate that a modern day ECW would work.

Now I know WWE and ECW are very different. But this thought passed my mind. And that was if Extreme Rules could be successful then maybe a modern day ECW would as well. I know this is a PPV so this won't always happen, but still. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
They tried with wwecw. Worked ok for a while, but there's not enough ratings for a C show. The development shows now are NXT and superstars. Wwe is tight too much to the PG ratings for a true extreme show anyway.

·
Registered
21,634 Posts
Well, Extreme Rules has passed us by and man, what a PPV. One of the better PPVs in my opinion. Now onto the question. Seeing as how Extreme Rules was, do you think that this could be like a modern day ECW? I mean ECW is EXTREME Championship Wrestling after all. I think that the success of Extreme Rules can validate that a modern day ECW would work.

Now I know WWE and ECW are very different. But this thought passed my mind. And that was if Extreme Rules could be successful then maybe a modern day ECW would as well. I know this is a PPV so this won't always happen, but still. Thoughts?
Shane Douglas is currently promoting and running Extreme Reunion events, you need to broaden your horizons and look outside the "WWE universe". When those shows become available I suggest you check those out. Also, if you're into hardcore wrestling then you may want to check out CZW too as they are the biggest brand of hardcore wrestling in North America at the moment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts