Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this belonged in either brand board because it concerns both brands, but anyway...

The general consensus from both shows is that there doesn't seem to be enough quality people on each show to carry the upper and mid cards (not to mention the shell of the former tag team division) without running tired feuds into the ground. Does that signal that the whole "brand-split" concept has perhaps finally run it's course? Is it time to recombine the Raw and Smackdown rosters back into one and just have mostly everybody compete on both shows? That's how it used to be. I mean, why the heck not? We've already been having ALL KINDS of crossover matchups lately as it is (as this past week has demonstrated).

Granted one flaw is that you may have to united the WWE and World Heavyweight titles again. Maybe, maybe not, depending on who gets pushed up the ranks.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
I'd rather they kept it in place, even if they didn't strictly abide by it. Pretty much how they're doing it now is fine. I just can't see time being made for the midcard with all the main eventers on both shows.

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
Before I would have said HELL NO but WWE roster has really trimmed down in recent years. Ending the brand split wouldn't be so terrible.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
The brands should stay split, but the world titles should be unified. A world champion floating between both brands as in 2002 would provide constantly fresh feuds while also ensuring only one world title match on each PPV. Without the brand split, a guy like Dolph Ziggler would hardly ever get on TV.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I think they should keep it the way it is, with two separate shows/rosters, but have a lot more crossovers. Judging by the last couple shows, this appears to be the direction they're going. That will open up a lot more possibilites and prevent the staleness that occurs when you have the same 5/6 guys trading opponents every week.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
I've said that ever since they ended single branded PPV's there is absolutely no point in continuing the brand extension anymore and that they should combine Raw and SmackDown as one roster and then cut away the dead wood and then any of the younger wrestler's they are tryimg to get over can wrestle on Superstars. Having one roster would allow the younger wrestler's that have done well in the last couple of years like Wade Barrett, Sheamus and Alberto Del Rio to get more experience and a chance to work with everyone in order to continue their build.

In ending the brand extension WWE would make all of their title's seem prestigious again like before because we would see all of the biggest name's wrestle and feud with each other for the WWE title and also the Intercontinental title would seem important again because there would be mid card wrestlers and upper mid card wrestlers all competing for it whilst the tag team division could be rebuilt. With one roster WWE would see their ratings finally increase and possibly even see their PPV buyrates go up because we wouldn't be seeing the same feuds and matches PPV after PPV.

With a main event roster of John Cena, Randy Orton, Wade Barrett, CM Punk, Alberto Del Rio, Edge and The Miz with Triple H, The Undertaker and Kane probably around as well for a year on top of those and then John Morrison, Jack Swagger and Kofi Kingston stepping into the replace them once they retire would work very well. A mid card with Rey Mysterio, Justin Gabriel, Bryan Danielson, Ted DiBiase, Cody Rhodes, Kaval, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, The Big Show, R-Truth and Evan Bourne as the mid card would work very well also.

There would be plenty of wrestler's left over to form a tag team division especially from The Nexus with Joe Hennig and Husky Harris being one good example plsu there being a few tag teams down in FCW who could be brought up to the main roster alongside The Uso Brothers who are the only real tag team around now. Any wrestler's who didn't wrestle on Raw would wrestle on SmackDown so they still get good tv exposure and feuds could be showcased twice a week so that they could be built up better and quicker if WWE are going to continue having thirteen or fourteen PPV's a year.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
I don't know what's everyone's fascination with ending the brand split but no! Why? Why would you end the brand split and worse yet unify the titles? It gives other guys chances. There can be two world champs instead of one. Two guys can be heavily pushed at the same time. Also without the brand split guys like Ryder, Hawkins, Barretta etc will be shoved further down the card more than they already are.

Then again maybe the brand split can be a good thing. We can see matches like what we witnessed 2 days ago. Cena vs Ziggler, oh and Orton vs ADR or Mysterio vs Evan Bourne.

It could be a good thing or a bad thing, let's just stick with what works atm and that's the brand split.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With a main event roster of John Cena, Randy Orton, Wade Barrett, CM Punk, Alberto Del Rio, Edge and The Miz with Triple H, The Undertaker and Kane probably around as well for a year on top of those and then John Morrison, Jack Swagger and Kofi Kingston stepping into the replace them once they retire would work very well. A mid card with Rey Mysterio, Justin Gabriel, Bryan Danielson, Ted DiBiase, Cody Rhodes, Kaval, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, The Big Show, R-Truth and Evan Bourne as the mid card would work very well also.

There would be plenty of wrestler's left over to form a tag team division especially from The Nexus with Joe Hennig and Husky Harris being one good example plsu there being a few tag teams down in FCW who could be brought up to the main roster alongside The Uso Brothers who are the only real tag team around now. Any wrestler's who didn't wrestle on Raw would wrestle on SmackDown so they still get good tv exposure and feuds could be showcased twice a week so that they could be built up better and quicker if WWE are going to continue having thirteen or fourteen PPV's a year.
When you break it down like that, I would LOVE to see a roster like that. More competition. Title unifications are still debatable, but not absolutely necessary

sharkboy22 said:
It could be a good thing or a bad thing, let's just stick with what works atm and that's the brand split.
IS it really working? Or could things be better with a little format shakeup? That's the whole point I'm trying to make.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts