Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw alot of threads and did my research and found out about his wrestling (pro and amateur) as well as him being the UFC Champion (well not anymore :p ) but I am curious as to how Lesnar was recieved by wrestling fans who watched smackdown during his run because I didn't.

So could anyone with such experience tell me how was he, did you like him etc. ,anything you feel about his run)?

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
He was incredibly over as a huge powerhouse. He main-evented Wrestlemania by beating Kurt Angle for the title. He was a great heel. He was a beast.

·
Premium Member
19,333 Posts
He was a monster the way monsters are supposed to be monsters.

·
¡GOLDADO!
2,309 Posts
I saw alot of threads and did my research and found out about his wrestling (pro and amateur) as well as him being the UFC Champion (well not anymore :p ) but I am curious as to how Lesnar was recieved by wrestling fans who watched smackdown during his run because I didn't.

So could anyone with such experience tell me how was he, did you like him etc. ,anything you feel about his run)?

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Brock+Lesnar+WWE&page=&utm_source=opensearch

This should help you out visually. I though that he was a great monster character, I loved when Brock stole Austins quad bike just before he left the 'E.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
He did a Shooting Star Press. Nuff said.

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts
He's better than all the current superstars, tbh. The man is a one of a kind athlete. I have never seen a wrestler that had raw, animalistic power like Lesnar accompanied with the speed of a cruiserweight, and that's not an overstatement. He's arguably one of the best ever and he only wrestled for TWO YEARS! Brock had/has it all and he could WRESTLE/work so well to be so young. He's extraordinary. I wished he had the passion to continue wrestling. Can you image how different the company would be if it was still built around this Manster? RUTHLESS AGGRESSION, ftw!

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
In two years of wrestling only, he will probably go down as one of the greatest of all time. His impact was outstanding. As a rookie he dominated the WWE.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
He wasn't that good IMO.

·
Registered
9,794 Posts
WWE had to rush Orton, Cena and Batista to fill the void the Lesnar left, he was that great. If he had stayed Cena & Batista would not have gotten their megapushes in 2005, maybe Cena may have, but Batista probably not. Orton would not be the youngest World Champ, Lesnar would still hold that distinction.

He was what a heel should be, dominating monsters, no chicken heels, he was straight up ruthless aggression. With guys like Sheamus, Swagger, Barrett, who are all big guys that have received big pushes, none of them were ready for it, Brock was the fastest rising star in this business ever. It took one month before people were calling for him to be champion. He then went on to beat the Hardy's, RVD, Hogan, Rock, Taker, Angle, and all of them were clean victories. WWE doesn't have the balls to make a monster heel like that anymore.

Plus he had one the greatest finshers of all time, the F-5, it just looked so devastating.

Just take a look at Lesnar's WWE career

·
¡GOLDADO!
2,309 Posts
WWE had to rush Orton, Cena and Batista to fill the void the Lesnar left, he was that great. If he had stayed Cena & Batista would not have gotten their megapushes in 2005, maybe Cena may have, but Batista probably not. Orton would not be the youngest World Champ, Lesnar would still hold that distinction.

He was what a heel should be, dominating monsters, no chicken heels, he was straight up ruthless aggression. With guys like Sheamus, Swagger, Barrett, who are all big guys that have received big pushes, none of them were ready for it, Brock was the fastest rising star in this business ever. It took one month before people were calling for him to be champion. He then went on to beat the Hardy's, RVD, Hogan, Rock, Taker, Angle, and all of them were clean victories. WWE doesn't have the balls to make a monster heel like that anymore.
You're always going to need chicken shit heels I think, if just to mix it up.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
He came, saw, kicked ass, botched, botched, won 3 world titles, botched, fucked Sable, came again, botched again, and left - all in a 2 year period.
*Fixed :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
He was a beast. just a freakin beast
I remember the first time i watched him was when he messed up hogan and then rubbed hogans blood on his chest...He quickly became the most hated/loved wrestler and then there was his feud wit the Rock, which literary put him over the top. Wow what a summerslam match that was..then his feud with Stephinie/Taker/Cena etc.. but then i moved to USA and stopped watching wrestling.. lol

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
He's what missing from the WWE right now A animal who can wrestle. He was awesome end of.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
In the ring he was one of the best given the short time he was wrestling, probably the most talented wrestler of all time. His groundwork was as good as you could expect from a NCAA champion trying to do pro wrestling, his powermoves were terrifying (how many other wrestlers in history could actually throw guys such as Rikishi and Big Show like puppets) and he could even do spots as if he weighted 100 lbs less than he really did.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts

Lesnar got over big after Rock put him over clean. He had a couple of matches with Taker where Taker eventually put him over in the HIAC and that's when fans got more behind him than ever. Had a combination of good power wrestling and natural ring instincts. At first, he was pretty damn green around the bigger stars in those first 5 months but by Summerslam 2002, Rock went out of his way to make him look like a star and he worked a good match on his half too. He started implementing moves like the Brock-lock and was fairly dominant. Didn't really lose to anyone except the Big Show in that swerve, Kurt Angle when he turned face, and of course to Eddie and Goldberg. He was where Cena is today in the company but only as a monster heel.

Did I like him? Never. I never asked for his push nor did I care about when it occurred. They rushed him into Rock and Austin's spots. Shoved down throats basically but fans took to it like lemmings as usual.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts