Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
let me start off with what i like about punk.

-cool tattoos

now the bad.

-midget, + tubby
-botches a move in almost every single match he's in
-mic skills are sub par. i'm sorry, but saying someone has "no friends" doesn't translate to good mic skills. he comes out and makes fun of someone in this manner, and it's ridiculous. what is this, the 5th grade? "you're ugly and you have no friends." ok.
-lame ass finisher
-his straight-edge gimmick is retarded. yeah, we get it. you don't smoke, you don't drink. i honestly don't give a shit.
-they had him beat jericho, who is a FAR superior talent. i know jericho is nearing the end of his career, and they're investing heavily into punk becoming a huge star, but really? they made jericho look like a little bitch in both matches.

so punk fans, what exactly do you see in this guy?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Have you ever came to the conclusion that people have different opinions than you? Some people think he's great in ring and on the mic...

I know, crazy.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
The title of the thread sounded reasonable and i opened it, but then it was just another Troll thread.

Still i like your username/avvy OP

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you ever came to the conclusion that people have different opinions than you? Some people think he's great in ring and on the mic...

I know, crazy.
i just wanna know why he's so revered. maybe someone can shed some light on the topic.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
Sigh.

Every day we get one of these threads. We get it. CM Punk is like marmite. Some love him and some don't. That's fine. To answer your question, CM Punk is "REAL" - he is not an ass kisser. He speaks his mind and is an awesome wrestler. You can disagree but thats my opinion. Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk is probably the best match WWE can do right now. And you say Punk is shit in the ring? fpalm

Slipping on the rope doesn't make you a bad wrestler. Having an extremely basic moveset and getting lost in the ring would make you a bad wrestler. Punk knows what he's doing. He's been doing it for like 13 years. Get off it.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
That's Punk's character currently.He says corny jokes.that's it.Punk gave Mic Beatdowns during the SES and 2009 WHC Days.Vanilla Midget? fpalm not this shit again.How can a 6 ft tall guy be a midget? fpalm He doesnt smoke,he doesnt drink.That is a message to the kids.He basically tells them not to drink nor smoke.Jericho WAS a far superior talent.Now he isn't.What I see in him?
-Great Promos when serious.
-5 Star Matches
-Great Personality
-Cool Attires
-Unique Look
-Awesome Moves

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
The title of the thread sounded reasonable and i opened it, but then it was just another Troll thread.
Pretty much this.

But to answer your question the people that like Punk, like him b/c they disagree with just about everything you posted as "bad" about Punk. B/c, and brace yourself, just because you think something is bad does NOT mean that its actually bad. Some people actually like things you think are bad. People have different opinions, crazy I know.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
So you just make your Daniel Bryan thread again and dress it up in new clothes?

Cool.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
You either like him or you don't. In my case I hate the guy and I've backed up why he sucks in multiple threads with reason after reason after reason. As far as the people that like him they probably don't even know why they are sucking his dick all the time. He's one of these guys the IWC universally is suppose to like. It's like being a democrat and praising Obama constantly. Deep down (like me) you know the guy is garbage but you continue to like him because everybody else in the click you wanna feel apart of likes him too. Punk is garbage, boring as fuck.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Two of these threads in one day?
see, that's the problem. the wwe responds to what the fans like. the problem here is that the wwe takes advantage of that. people like punk because of compromise, same reason they like daniel bryan. if the rock or austin were active today, NO ONE would give a shit about punk or bryan, because they lack the charisma and personality of the aforementioned wrestlers. now that the rock and austin are gone, fans settle for wrestlers who aren't as great, and even though they CAN be great, the wwe does nothing about it because the fans are content with the mediocre product.

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
Oh for fuck sake. It's not that fucking hard to understand. I hate the guy.

But here's what I understand: indy darling that busted his ass off (according to many) to get where he is. Looks different to most wrestlers so he appeals to the IWC also.

He can... sort of put on a good match. IWC thinks he puts on amazing matches (personally I think he gets carried a lot).

And his mic skills are very pathetic but after his shoot, people think he's amazing.

Most of them are starting to realize he's getting a bit statle on the mic.

But ultimately, he's just "different" and happen to be what the IWC love about indy darlings.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.