Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was lookin through these forums and i noticed you guys are pretty good at helping people. im not sure if this is the right section but please help if it is.
i'm 14 and i like this girl, a lot. but she baises things on looks way to much. i wouldnt say im bad looking but im pretty over weight im 5'6 and 200lbs. i no were great together because shes told me wat shes looking for in a guy and im it. but she'd never look passed the fact im overweight to see what a great guy i am. does anybody have any suggestions on how i can make her see im great for her.

·
Banned
3,015 Posts
Go out with her, if it's true she'll see past the weight. Or work hard on losing it, four months ago I was 5'6 and 220 lbs. Now I'm about 165. If she is too dumb to be hung up on your weight it's her loss.

·
AnGOATio Cesaro
4,539 Posts
I think his advise is the best you will get. Ask her out. She should be able too see passed the weight. I met my wife at your age. I like you was over weight. and she was amazing, way out of my league and hung up on looks. I showed her the real me and she saw passed the weight. Although she was happy when I put on a lot of muscle and lost a lot of weight. Just exercise and eat right. I find the best diet plan is 3 square meals a day, hardly any junk food. And dont eat before you go to bed if i remember right your metabolisim slows down while you sleep.

·
Banned
4,310 Posts
I'm 13 and I'm 5'5 180 lbs. I'm pretty overweight, and I can see your problem. Ask the girl out, she might say YES. Still, though, this could just be another crush, so don't do anything drastic. If she rejects you, who cares? She's obviously just another bitch.

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
Why are people always posting things in relation to girls on the forums? I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but everyone seems so shy when it comes to girls. Just have a dip, at least she'll know that you're interested.

·
Banned
4,310 Posts
^^^Lately, ya it's been getting to my nerves. Usually all people asking for 'girl' advice, will end up in square one (where they started).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Damn, I think I am a little overweight and I am your weight and almost a foot taller...

The problem is, like I read in identical (true... yuh) thread we found out that girls need to be physically attracted from the beginning. They will see your appearance, and if they like it, they will get to know your personality. It is a sad fact. Some will not even care about your personality: they will find attractiveness the ONLY reason for a relationship. Sooner or later those kinds of relationships will die out.

But something which I suggest you do is read the other countless threads like this one, instead of creating your own. You will find answers in those.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Yeah, take these people's advice. It's how bad you want it. If you want it bad enough you'll shed those pounds.

But honestly, if she only cares about looks I personally wouldn't even waste my time on her.

·
version 2.0
5,045 Posts
If she says no, don't be dissapointed. Looks drive a girl's decision. I can't blame them. If I heard a fat girl talking about herself, and she turned out to be exactly my type; I still wouldn't date her. People like their significant other to be good looking so they can show them off. A girl doesn't want to show off a fat guy, and a guy doesn't want to show off a fat chick.

There is a big difference between fat and pleasantly plump/stocky though...

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
yea, girls are really into looks. Especially at 14.
The good news is, at your age its VERY VERY easy to lose weight (mostly because during your teens you can destroy entire Fat Cells by working out, instead of just shrinking them when you become full grown). I say start a workout plan, either at home or at a gym, and stick to it. It doesn't take long for girls to notice weight loss in guys.

Another Thing I can tell you is this: Girls can be just as shallow as guys (even worse sometimes). Just because she says she wants a funny, smart and good-natured guy doesn't mean she won't run off with the "Bad Boy" Druggie. If that happens, don't fret, because girls like that end up miserable in those same relationships later on in life.

If you've found a girl that doesn't care about looks (at 14 no less) then you've got a real prize on your hands. Go out with her, take a chance, it's not gonna kill you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts