Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

If you are in here I assume your an Australian due to the title, I live in Sydney in the middle of the city so I don't really get the chance to go out in the bush and in the outback and cook in the open much which is quite embarressing really, all i've ever eaten is been actual bought food and things you can get in coles. The last time I actualy cooked something in the open besides the Australian day BBQ's was when I was ten in fourth grade for a camp and now I am nearly 18. :eek:

Next week my friends and I are going to spend a few weeks driving the ute around the Northern Territory. I was wondering if someone could properly explain to me how to make Damper, cause I honestly don't remember any of it not doing it since fourth grade. And any other cool bush tucker you guys might know.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are you sure it needs butter.. that just doesn't sound right but it could be me.

·
Rated PG
3,485 Posts
Ingredients
self raising flour
baking powder
salt
1 egg
1 tablespoon cooking oil
milk

Method
Half fill the camp oven with the SR flour. Add 1 teaspoon of baking powder and a good pinch of salt. Mix these dry ingredients and make a well in the centre of the flour mixture. Add 1 egg, 1 tablespoon of oil and enough milk to mix. Mix well, adding more milk a little at a time as required. Mix until the dough is well mixed and a little sticky. Even out the mixture and brush the top with a little milk to help in browning.

Cover the camp oven with the lid. Place on moderate coals and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes, then test with a sharp knife. If not cooked, cover and cook for a little longer. (You can smell when it's ready!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts