Wrestling Forum banner

141 - 151 of 151 Posts

·
EXCELSIOR!
16,103 Posts
Only seen the trailers, but I find it amazing that this flick's budget is around $15 million less compared to Hellboy '04, yet they thought cramming a fuckton of CGI was smart, despite GDT's version looking drastically better thanks to not being so reliant on it. His cringeworthy SAG Award speed notwithstanding, I'm still very open-minded on Harbour succeeding Perlman.

But hot damn, it feels like they dropped the ball on their casting of Bruttenholm, since he felt like a bit of a stand-offish dick to Red in the trailers. Gonna wait to see what the audience scores on RT and Metacritic wind up being, since I enjoyed Venom in spite of the drastic disparity of its reviews between critics and audiences.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,226 Posts
just got back from this
and it was one of the biggest pieces of crap I have seen all year
it felt like netflix CGI, that is how bad it was
only good part of the movie was Ian McShane
Ugh, I'm going to get stuck watching this Sunday. I told the person who wants me to go see it I'd rather see something else but they're insisting that the terrible reviews are simply because it's gory. :crying:

I cannot get out of this either, I'm so annoyed. :argh:

·
Premium Member
4,063 Posts
Had no idea there was a reboot until I saw this post. I gotta check out the theatres if they are showing this now.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
Ugh, I'm going to get stuck watching this Sunday. I told the person who wants me to go see it I'd rather see something else but they're insisting that the terrible reviews are simply because it's gory. :crying:

I cannot get out of this either, I'm so annoyed. :argh:
Show your friend this review, slight spoilers, but its a reboot so.... lol

·
40,723 Posts
So is there no so bad it's good elements in this? Is this the most expensive terrible movie since Battlefield Earth?

I was thinking this was going to suck way back when we first saw Hellboy with pecs and abs. Sexy Hellboy is fucking hilariously stupid.

Also I guess Neil Marshall will never work again rip.

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
Pretty bad film but not anywhere near as bad a trainwreck as some think. Very forgettable so it likely won’t even be getting talked about during the big budget WOAT flop discussion. This Hellboy reboot really missed the mark, though.

·
The face that runs the List
10,501 Posts
Exhausting movie. Loud music, shouting characters, quick editing, epileptic pace.

I love the comics. I love Del Toro's first movie. And Hellboy II : The Golden Army is my favourite movie ever.

Yet I didn't like this reboot at all.

141 - 151 of 151 Posts