Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chart courtesy Wrestling Observer and WWE stock reports

If only we had the 2011 numbers to make us truly LUL.

·
Banned
885 Posts
I just bought the Hell in a Cell 3 disc set and watching it made me sad, because they have really pissed on the legacy of the Hell in a Cell match with this new ppv.

Anyways, I am glad that Batista/HHH did so well since that is my favorite HIAC match of all time.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,966 Posts
I just bought the Hell in a Cell 3 disc set and watching it made me sad, because they have really pissed on the legacy of the Hell in a Cell match with this new ppv.
Amen. I remember when they would announce the match i would get shivers.

·
Banned
885 Posts
Amen. I remember when they would announce the match i would get shivers.
The commentators would talk about how the match ends careers, and how the people that walk in there are never the same. I was watching the set and the ending of the matches was always so brutal. Both men laying on the floor bloody, and then the winner barely gets up to cheers.

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What I love abou the HIAC DVD is some of the ones that never had buildup vidoes actually do get their own. But most of the buildup videos are actually clipped from the originals as soon as the video shows that the match is announced. I also love that Foley said the match never ended in a handshake, but on the Vengeance 2005 DVD, Batista and HHH embrace backstage in a hug and handshake.

ANYWAYS, I can't wait for the 2011 numbers to come in.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
I'm watching the Batista/Trips one right now and the cell worked so well for that match and nearly all of them up until the HIAC PPV. I just hate how whatever is going on in October is now worthy of a HIAC.

·
Banned
885 Posts
This year, it really should have been Christian/Orton HIAC and HHH/Punk HIAC. HHH/Punk would need it to keep Miz/Truth/Nash and everyone else out, so they could finish their feud. Christian/Orton was just personal enough at that stage, and it would have been great to see their feud end in a Hell in a Cell.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
This year, it really should have been Christian/Orton HIAC and HHH/Punk HIAC. HHH/Punk would need it to keep Miz/Truth/Nash and everyone else out, so they could finish their feud. Christian/Orton was just personal enough at that stage, and it would have been great to see their feud end in a Hell in a Cell.
Completely agreed. I can accept Henry/Orton in the cell because it was a feud where both guys were just going at each other week after week. Reminded me of Cena/Umaga only not as good. But Punk/Cena/Del Rio being in a cell was pointless other than for the ending. I'd have liked to have seen Punk/Trips in a cell with the three fired guys eventually playing a role.

·
Banned
885 Posts
Completely agreed. I can accept Henry/Orton in the cell because it was a feud where both guys were just going at each other week after week. Reminded me of Cena/Umaga only not as good. But Punk/Cena/Del Rio being in a cell was pointless other than for the ending. I'd have liked to have seen Punk/Trips in a cell with the three fired guys eventually playing a role.
I expected so much more out of Orton/Henry. It was just a normal match inside of a cage. They did not use any weapons at all in this one. Not even a steel chair. I really wanted to see the match end with the Worlds Strongest Slam on the steel steps, kind of like how Henry did it to Sheamus on Smackdown a few months ago.

Anyways, only DX/Legacy was a pretty good Hell in a Cell match that this new ppv has given us, in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
15,437 Posts
the HIAC match still ends careers. look at Ted DiBiase lol.

but yeah I saw this in the observer actually thought about making this very thread. hopefully Vince cuts his losses and realizes the gimmick PPV shit is a flop.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Not only should they do away with the HiaC PPV, but they should completely get rid of the PPV slot it occupies. Should have 12 annual PPVs, not 13. Move Summerslam and NoC back a week.

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not only should they do away with the HiaC PPV, but they should completely get rid of the PPV slot it occupies. Should have 12 annual PPVs, not 13. Move Summerslam and NoC back a week.
What, you don't think these are excellent PPV event attendance numbers? Are you trying to say that two weeks is not enough build?

Live attendance in New Orleans was 9,400, which was 7,500 paid for about $475,000, low figures for a WWE PPV show. Our response rate was way down from last year. The latter is a good barometer of a certain fan, but sometimes not accurate for the big picture, but people have taken the response rates and other factors and created pretty prediction models that have been pretty darn accurate. Point being, early indications aren’t good.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts

Anyways, I am glad that Batista/HHH did so well since that is my favorite HIAC match of all time.
They definitely ruined an awesome match type with the HIAC PPV. They're doing it with the TLC match too. They're killing 2 of the best matches in the WWE.

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TLC at least was never an epic feud-ender. It was usually used for mid-card feuds or middle-of-the-road chapters.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts