Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

A lot of us fans are always calling on people to turn from face to heel, and I agree with a lot of these comments. Triple H (definately), John Morrison, Christian and possibly even Cena should go (or go back to) heel. However, if these turns were to happen, we will need some current heels to turn face so there can be some fueds. What current heels do you think are ripe for a face turn. my suggestions:

1) Chris Jericho - don't get me wrong, I love his heel gimmick, but I would love to see one more big Jericho face run.
2) Sheamus - I think his "no backing down from anyone" style could work

What about you guys? Ideas for heel to face turns?

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
CM Punk's face turn would not be bad if they let him keep cutting promos. He'd definetly get over and who knows, maybe even start making shitloads of cash for WWE if they use him rite. Atm, it's just frustrating being his fan, as he gets owned like a bitch by everyone and their mother. I can see it happen too after Rey inevetably beats him to win the feud

·
Registered
219 Posts
as good as edge is a heel, i just like him i think hes funny on the mic and just like to see him face so i can support him but he is better as a heel

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Jericho should go back to being a face and be the face of smackdown like he wanted(not just the top guy, but the #1 face on smakcdown)

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
Also Dudebusters need to turn to avoid getting released

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"if this was a face to heel question there'd be lists of ideas lol."

I know! This is why I started the thread. If we turn all these guys heel, we need people with them to fued with.

There are guys I can't see as a face (CM Punk, McIntyre) so it does narrow it down lol

Maybe The Miz as a face?

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Haven't you heard? Everyone on the roster sucks as a face.

But seriously, I can actually see The Miz as a face. He's a great heel and gets tons of heat, but his catchphrase (dumb as I think it is) is over as hell, and the crowd says it with him every time.

·
Premium Member
4,757 Posts
This is the IWC your asking, why not go around a live event and ask all the little kids, then you might get some prodcutive answers.

·
Premium Member
11,814 Posts
As much as I love the reasoning behind Edge's recent heel turn, I think WWE should've kept him as a face. So in that sense, I'd like to see a face Edge again in the future. Although with his recent turn, I know we won't see that for a while.

One person who I'm interested to see turn face is The Miz. His popularity is ever growing, and just like MVP, Mr. Kennedy and others, WWE will pull the trigger sooner or later. I just hope they pull it at the right time and don't ruin both his character and career.

I'd like to see Chavo Guerrero turn face as well. It's long overdue, and his career has plummeted to such a low I can't see any future for him as a heel. I could imagine a storyline where this year, for the five year anniversary of Eddie's death, Chavo gets all sentimental and reminds himself of his family heritage and becomes ashamed of what he's become.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Sort of a meaningless thing to ponder. This question could go on all day. And really, to further break it down and go into it. A lot of these wouldn't work because of merchandise sales as well as other obstacles. BUT..

Jericho is excellent no matter what he does. But he's top heel material all the way. I wouldn't change him.

Cody Rhodes could be an interesting face with the gimmick he has now.
Health Slater would really only work as a face. Not that I like him, regardless.
Justin Gabriel doesn't work as a heel, that name just screams babyface.
Dudebusters, if they ever get any play. (Which they won't)

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,789 Posts
...I think WWE should've kept him as a face. So in that sense, I'd like to see a face Edge again in the future. Although with his recent turn, I know we won't see that for a while.

I'd like to see Chavo Guerrero turn face as well. It's long overdue, and his career has plummeted to such a low I can't see any future for him as a heel. I could imagine a storyline where this year, for the five year anniversary of Eddie's death, Chavo gets all sentimental and reminds himself of his family heritage and becomes ashamed of what he's become.
I agree with you about Edge and Chavo. Those are two examples from opposite ends of the spectrum (main event and undercard) where the two characters have really done everything they possibly could do as a heel. Edge in particular is like the heel equivalent of Cena except somehow worse in that he seems even staler as a heel than Cena does as a face (to me anyway).

Before his face turn, I was looking forward to seeing Big Show turn face and he hasn't disappointed.

I'm not suggesting WWE do this for at least another year or more, but I'd be willing to see how a babyface Jack Swagger would perform in WWE. But that should be held off until he's completely over as a main event heel.

Also agree that Justin Gabriel and eventually The Duebusters would all be natural faces.

·
Undergoing a gimmick change.
2,385 Posts
The Dudebusters - They had potential when they came in, and their gimmick would EASILY work as a face team, they would just need a decent amount of exposure.
Chris Jericho - He's done literally EVERYTHING he can do in his current persona, from World Champion, to Tag-Team Champion to Intercontinental Champion, he's even mentored, commentated and faced damn near every face on the roster.

Sheamus & The Miz - I haven't bolded these two, as I think currently they're perfect in the heel roles they portray. However, in the future both men would make fantastic faces in my opinion, and should be considered and turned slowly and effectively in the future.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Sheamus, as long as they don't Irish Stereotype him by making him hang out with Hornswoggle or start wearing those green hats. Besides taking out Triple H, who is a dick anyway (storyline wise), he doesn't seem like a bad guy at all. He never cheats, always wins fairly and always tells the truth (Cena getting title shots handed to him while he never got his rematch in his first reign for one).

Chris Jericho because I always thought he was a better face. There's nothing for him to do as a heel anymore. I think they should have ran with the depressed losing storyline. I think R-Truth (?) beat him clean recently and they showed him looking disappointed. Maybe keep this up for a few weeks, then Y2J can return.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Jericho, Miz, Sheamus and Edge could all cut it as a face - but see when you properly scan through WWE's roster and disclude Nexus they are actually pretty evenly spread, if not face heavy on both shows.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jericho, Miz, Sheamus and Edge could all cut it as a face - but see when you properly scan through WWE's roster and disclude Nexus they are actually pretty evenly spread, if not face heavy on both shows.
I agree at the moment the rosters are pretty evenly spead at the moment, but if heel turns (that I think are long overdue) for HHH, John Morrison, Christian and MVP to name a few, we will need some more top level faces.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts