Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else thinks its kind of odd having all the heels wear pink to support breast cancer awareness? I mean a heel should be hated by the fans, how can they hate a guy that wants to help stop breast cancer? I mean a viscous guy like Orton's character is now shouldn't be wearing pink and supporting breast cancer if he's supposed to be cold and uncaring. I mean for some heels fine, but certain heels like Orton, Del Rio etc who's supposed to not care about anyone shouldn't be wearing that merch.

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
Heels can't love tits?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Heels are like edgy Cartoon villains nowadays. I don't think its so bad.

That being said I'm glad they have kept the Wyatts from wearing it because that would be odd

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Heels are people too.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
I fuckin love boobies more than anyone. Come at me bros if you dont believe me!

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I personally don't have a problem with it.
As i said i don't have a problem with some heels supporting the cause but certain guys as i said like Del Rio and Orton should not be wearing the pink merch the same way Bray Wyatt shouldn't either. They're supposed to be uncaring ass holes with no redeeming qualities.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I see nothing wrong with it

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Kayfabe is long, long dead, and this is just more proof of that. What it means to be a heel has faded away, even, and I think a lot of guys are forgetting what it means. Heels aren't supposed to sign autographs, push their merch, try to draw any kind of sympathy. A heel supporting breast cancer awareness month is asking for cheers. You want to know why wrestling sucks nowadays? Look no further than this glaring example. Kind of hard to draw money to shows when you have no clearcut good and evil; just boring shades of gray. That's why UFC sells today, because the fans care and are invested in the fighters and who wins. They identify with one of them more than the other, they pick a guy and they root for him. I honestly just think it's WWE's lack of booking credible faces and heels that has the company on the ropes, pun partly intended.

This is why guys like Eddie Kingston, to name one, are so good. They're true heels when they are allowed to be, and they go the full nine. It makes their work much more watchable, as it makes even the most pathetic babyface look like a goddamn hero.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Said it in a similar thread, depends on who the heel is. Guys who will be a little aggressive to win, for example, have no reason to avoid the breast cancer awareness drive. As far as the fans are concerned, they are still a heel - just not one who is shown to have no morality.

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
I don't mind it, we all love boobs. :)lol)

However, it does seem weird seeing Ryback and a few others have the pink gear on their shit.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Eh, it's WWE - they care more about the politically correct point of view & reminding the morons that think wrestling is real that it's fake. Can't really blame them, society is pussy & they're so big in America that if they actually had heels heel it up more, you'd have children crying & soccer moms bitching ... hell they already do that over the most miniscule shit so their really is no difference.

Most of the world laughs at wrestling & calls it fake, but for some odd reason the next minute will get upset at a wrestler's character even though they just said the shit was fake.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Kayfabe is long, long dead, and this is just more proof of that. What it means to be a heel has faded away, even, and I think a lot of guys are forgetting what it means. Heels aren't supposed to sign autographs, push their merch, try to draw any kind of sympathy. A heel supporting breast cancer awareness month is asking for cheers. You want to know why wrestling sucks nowadays? Look no further than this glaring example. Kind of hard to draw money to shows when you have no clearcut good and evil; just boring shades of gray. That's why UFC sells today, because the fans care and are invested in the fighters and who wins. They identify with one of them more than the other, they pick a guy and they root for him. I honestly just think it's WWE's lack of booking credible faces and heels that has the company on the ropes, pun partly intended.

This is why guys like Eddie Kingston, to name one, are so good. They're true heels when they are allowed to be, and they go the full nine. It makes their work much more watchable, as it makes even the most pathetic babyface look like a goddamn hero.
So they play a fake character on TV, everyone knows it's scripted/fake. Does anyone actually take wrestling THAT seriously anymore?

·
Registered
6,246 Posts

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Heels should support prostate cancer instead, so the only people who get angry are radical and/or stupid feminists.

Also prostate cancer needs more recognition and support than breast cancer. Basically all cancers do.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts