Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think the main problem is well defined heels with storylines. Heels should be mean or evil and over the top like Roode and Bully. Also, heels should not act friendly and shake hands after a match imo.

Can anyone name all the heels in TNA? I can't.

Bully Ray, Roode, Gunner, Kaz, and Daniels, who else?

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
crimson, gunner, gail kim, the robbies.

thats kinda it. anderson should turn(and stay) heel. hes way more entertaining and interesting when hes heel.

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
Kid Kash has also been heel (and a great one) when being used. Zema Ion (barely used) as well.
true.

id like to see kash and gunner form a team. could make gunner better to be around a guy like kash since gunner sucks on his own.

both guys being from southern states, could call them the southern trendkill(pantera ftw)

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Yeah, I stole your idea for my roster vision ;) Kid Kash could really help Gunner to not suck like he indeed does on his own.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The thing is the heels need storylines. Ion has a match once a month if he's lucky and there is no story to get the audience worked up.

The heels need to be used more because there are too many friendly matches with hugging and hand shakes at the end. No drama in that.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
The thing is the heels need storylines. Ion has a match once a month if he's lucky and there is no story to get the audience worked up.

The heels need to be used more because there are too many friendly matched eith hugging and hand shakes at the end. No drama in that.
Welcome to the World of Bruce Prichard...

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
crimson, gunner, gail kim, the robbies.

thats kinda it. anderson should turn(and stay) heel. hes way more entertaining and interesting when hes heel.
Gunner gets used once every couple months. I dont know when Kid Cash was used last. Crimson has a match and leaves-no story or drama with him. The robbies look too comical to be real heels.

They all need story lines to boost ratings, not a match once in a while with no purpose.

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
kaz and daniels are a good heel team, but they need to make daniels the fallen angel again. his gimmick since 2009 has just been the guy whos jealous of aj. make daniels the fallen angel again and have kaz be more darker as well and u got something real good with them as a team.

the fallen(kaz and daniels)
the southern trendkill(kash and gunner)
british invasion(magnus and williams)

just fixed up the tag division a little for ya tna.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Gunner gets used once every couple months.
Gunner appeared on 16 of 22 episodes in 2012...

kaz and daniels are a good heel team, but they need to make daniels the fallen angel again. his gimmick since 2009 has just been the guy whos jealous of aj. make daniels the fallen angel again and have kaz be more darker as well and u got something real good with them as a team.

the fallen(kaz and daniels)
the southern trendkill(kash and gunner)
british invasion(magnus and williams)

just fixed up the tag division a little for ya tna.
Signed.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Time to toss Bruce or get him some co-writers. People on this forum would be better than him by reading all the ideas on here. He needs to take note.

They seriously need more feuds or ratings will keep sliding.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Roode and Bully Ray are more than enough.

And the "mean and evil" thing works better in the 80's.

Time to toss Bruce or get him some co-writers. People on this forum would be better than him by reading all the ideas on here. He needs to take note.

They seriously need more feuds or ratings will keep sliding.
Hire Russo clap clap clap :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Like I said in another thread: Episodes were good when Dave Lagana was in charge.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Roode and Bully Ray are more than enough.

And the "mean and evil" thing works better in the 80's.

Hire Russo clap clap clap :rolleyes:
If mean worked better in the 80's how should heels be now? Friendly like a face? Heels need to be distinguishable from faces even today.

They need more hard core heels besides Roode and Bully for drama and interesting stories/matches. It will increase the ratings which TNA desparately needs to do.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
If mean worked better in the 80's how should heels be now? Friendly like a face? Heels need to be distinguishable from faces even today.

They need more hard core heels besides Roode and Bully for drama and interesting stories/matches. It will increase the ratings which TNA desparately needs to do.
To me edge is the ultimate definition of a heel, to be a "bad guy" you must have reasons for it. Unless there's drama like roode losing at BFG, a heel turn just for the sake of being mean is completely useless and meaningless. Which is something TNA did every single week during the russo years.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I think Madison looks great in heels

Oh that type of heel Well STEINER was the best they had, they could of teamed him up with anyone and let him do the taling while his partner wrestled. Austin Aries and Bully Ray are the only ones that come to mind that can pull it off in a heel role

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
They seem set on Roode long term as champion. A heel champion needs a lot of faces to contend with and eek out cheap victories against. Naturally TNA will be a little light on the number of heels being employed in major story lines.

·
Registered
768 Posts
For a two hour show you do not need 20 heels. TNA has enough. Otherwise you end up with the nWo B team or WWE from about 5 years ago. Especially when you have a heel champ who is running solo.

Um, what? I think you have Bruce Prichard confused with Vince Russo. A classic heel like Bully Ray would never have survived under Russo writing. He already would have turned face.

Like I said in another thread: Episodes were good when Dave Lagana was in charge.
Could you please point out specially when Dave Lagana is and when he is not in charge? I am curious since you seem to be in the know.

Oh good gravy. And statements like this are why people laugh at the arrogance of hardcore wrestling fans. Putting together a wrestling show seems so easy from behind your computer screen, when you don't have to actually deal with the workers, doesn't it?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I stopped trying to figure out who's what on any given week a long time ago. That's what happens when all your face and heel turns happen off-screen.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For a two hour show you do not need 20 heels. TNA has enough. Otherwise you end up with the nWo B team or WWE from about 5 years ago. Especially when you have a heel champ who is running solo.

Um, what? I think you have Bruce Prichard confused with Vince Russo. A classic heel like Bully Ray would never have survived under Russo writing. He already would have turned face.

Could you please point out specially when Dave Lagana is and when he is not in charge? I am curious since you seem to be in the know.

Oh good gravy. And statements like this are why people laugh at the arrogance of hardcore wrestling fans. Putting together a wrestling show seems so easy from behind your computer screen, when you don't have to actually deal with the workers, doesn't it?
It's true you don't need a lot of heels but what they need is feuds for the heels they have, memorable dramatic storylines to get people to watch. How many people tune hoping to see the latest with AJ going after Kaz/Daniels for the Dixie thing? Not much of a story/feud there.

There seems to be too many feel good moments too. 2 guys beat the crap out of each other then walk off or shake hands. Where's the drama and potential fued there?

Good wrestling isn't enough for ratings without stories/feuds which TNA doesn't have enough of.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts