Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is something always existed in WWE, but last few shows made me feel a bit sick about it. Am talking about heels losing in all fashions. Extreme Rules is a good example for that. Yeah, Punk, Cena and Sheamus got their ass kicked big time. I admit that. But other than that, Cody is the only heel to win on Sunday. And following Raw and Smackdown too, faces owned heels pretty well. The case is worse in Smackdown. We are always getting the same old tag team combos of Orton/Sheamus/Big Show owning heels.
The main problem is that, heels look irrelevant and doesnt look as much as of a threat. I mean, even if they really kick some ass, they gotta WIN IMO.
Anyone feel the same.? Wouldn't it be much more better if faces get beaten more often.? I think THAT will make us care more about them.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Heels in wwe get booked like shit and never look like a threat.Bryan during his tile run only made Santino,Kofi and Ryder tap.
Cody had no credibility when he won back the ic title and he got pinned again by show albeit in a tag match on this weeks smackdown.Also Del rios reigns were booked like shit and lost the title quickly.

·
Banned
833 Posts
Everyday i slap one kid in the nuts in school, because they hate the heels and they think that when you are heel(bad man) you loose to the good guys. Please BROCK LESNAR leave this gay UFC tights and gloves and become the Dominant HEEL Monster that u were in 2002-2003-2004(except the 2003 face run)

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
I think the returning heels have been poorly booked. Y2J, Kane and possibly Lesnar. Lets start with Y2J; Promos appear stating that "he will claim what is rightfully is" (The world title) but he loses the Rumble, loses the chamber match (which I thought was a terrible elimination), loses the WM match and now loses the feud with Punk. Next is Kane who returned with the mask and has already lost two feuds. The feud with Cena promised a lot but everything stayed the same afterwards so it was a pointless feud. Nothing changed. Finally, Lesnar. WWE show past videos showing how strong Lesnar was in his first run but then he faces Cena and gets beaten. His first match in 8 years as well... I still don't understand why WWE booked Cena to win.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
WWE used to have faces chase the heels and be true underdogs. Now they have the heels chasing the faces and they are the underdogs instead. It's just plain fucking stupid tbh.

·
Registered
485 Posts
This is so true! It's evolved to the level that I'm surprised when someone like Jericho picks up a clean victory over Kofi. Main eventer heels should beat face main eventers far more often and sometimes even clean to gain the much needed credibility.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Hopefully when Barrett is healthy he gets a huge push. He is the monster heel WWE needs. They are also wasting the hell out of Dolph.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
It's not always true..

Triple H's heel run great.
Orton's heel run great.
Batista's heel run great.
R Truth's heel run great.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
It's not always true..

Triple H's heel run great.
Orton's heel run great.
Batista's heel run great.
R Truth's heel run great.
Batista's heel run wasn't great at all. He just became a big cry baby that was moaning all the time.

R Truth's heel run wasn't great. Short lived.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Other than a few minimal exceptions (Lesnar, HHH, Kane when he debuted, Mark Henry last year etc) heels have always been booked very weak by WWE, even Rock was booked very weakly as a heel, I remember him needing help to defeat Al Snow and X-Pac when he was WWF Champion. Look at Randy Orton as a heel, he even had two guys backing him up at all times and he was still a massive pussy and was booked as Cena and especially HHH's bitch.

You'd think they would have the heels get the upper hand more often on TV so the viewer has incentive to order the PPV to see the good guys overcome the adversity but they just don't, everytime there is a multi man tag match it is a 100% guarantee that the faces are winning and it's kinda dumb.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
It's just nauseating at this point. Don't these people get bored of the faces always coming out on top. It's so damn predictable. Where's the fun, the achievement of beating the bad guy when they don't pose a serious threat. It's obvious when matches won't end clean, or when the faces will win. I watch SD and think why the fuck do i bother. There's no interesting characters with the faces, no storyline advancement. It's got to the point i'm seriously considering just reading the spoilers and not bothering anymore. Bryan and Del Rio have to revert to mugging Sheamus off in a desperate attempt to get heat and remain credible and to get him over. Yet we all know he won't tap. Ugh! Boring.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
This is so true! It's evolved to the level that I'm surprised when someone like Jericho picks up a clean victory over Kofi. Main eventer heels should beat face main eventers far more often and sometimes even clean to gain the much needed credibility.
I have to agree with you 100%. The heels of the roster are pretty much a joke.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And another thing is that main event faces NEVER tap out :|. Last episode of SD kinda pissed me for that. Sheamus's shoulder was already 'injured' and he was bearing all those tapes. And after going through all that punishment from Bryan and Del Rio's interference and applyin the armbar followed by YES lock. Still, SHEAMUS WONT TAP..wow..! :\ This hurts the credibility of Yes lock badly. Well, this is the case of almost all the finishing submission moves of HEELS.

And one more thing that sucks..heels get pinned after a SINGLE finishing move. I was disappointed to see that in Punk/Jericho at ER. Jericho hit two codebreaks and one with a freaking chair.! Still, Punk kicked out.! And I dont really have a problem with that, but then Punk just lifted and bam..! GTS..just one GTS..and Jericho is over.. Awesome right.. *sigh*

·
Buried SCOTT STEINER
6,532 Posts
Since when does a loss equals to getting buried? Fucking IWC crybabies.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Since when does a loss equals to getting buried? Fucking IWC crybabies.
It's not a SINGLE loss am talking about. Just look at the stats and you will get it. And yeah, a single loss does NOT mean getting buried. But loss after loss after loss for heels in general is a pretty sad thing. It really kills the interest for the product.

·
Banned
882 Posts
Vince is obsessed with faces nowadays. He doesn't like heels, so yeah they will never be a real threat. Hell, even Brock couldn't beat Cena and he's the second biggest name behind Rock right now to face Cena lately.

·
Registered
95 Posts
WWE used to have faces chase the heels and be true underdogs. Now they have the heels chasing the faces and they are the underdogs instead. It's just plain fucking stupid tbh.
And the worst thing is that they INSIST in the storylines that the faces are the underdogs (Cena being the most obvious example). It can't be less credible :no:

Heels getting buried is the main reason why the PG era is so boring.

·
Banned
882 Posts
Burying is when a wrestler gets shamed and never recovers. That is not really what this is. It's just that Vince cares more about faces than heels. If they had gotten truly buried, they wouldn't be on the show anymore.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts