Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'd imagine there has been a fair few in the lesser titles such as the hardcore and that, but has WWE ever had a heel beat a heel for a world championship? just curious to know.

thanks!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Only: World HeawyWeight Championship:
When Swagger cashed in his briefcase.

I don't know if its counts, but khali was the champ after edge (ok the title was vakant)

Tag Team Championship:
2008: Hawkins and Ryder deafeated Miz/Morrison

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
When HBK "beat" Bret Hart for the title at Survivor Series '97 they were essentially both heels (though the face/heel dynamic was in the eye of the beholder with that feud, which is part of what made it great).

The only other I can think of is when Hogan took the title off Savage the night after Spring Stampede in '98. Savage was more of a tweener but I think he was still in the nWo so that pretty much makes them both heel.

I'm thinking hard and those are really the only ones I can remember involving a world championship. I'm sure it's happened in matches with multiple participants, but I can't think of any other one-on-one matches.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H on December 22, 1997 in an emotional, grueling matchup. It's the kind of match you show to your friends who aren't wrestling fans.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H on December 22, 1997 in an emotional, grueling matchup. It's the kind of match you show to your friends who aren't wrestling fans.
That is honestly one of my all-time favorites.

·
Banned
864 Posts
I'm really not that sure if this would count but, what about Y2J/HHH on RAW in 2000? That was BEFORE HHH "intimidated" Earl Hebnor into reversing the decision.

Oh and for Mr. Soxfan, if you're going to blame someone for getting hax'd, dont blame me, blame Dr. Hax. You wont be alone on that list for long

Seriously though its just a joke :p And sorry for calling you asshole. :sadface

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
The damage and risks taken by both of their bodies was ridiculous. Michaels had been in cell matches, been in Ironman matches, been in ladder matches, but I don't think he'd ever been in any match so emotionally and physically draining as that.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
The damage and risks taken by both of their bodies was ridiculous. Michaels had been in cell matches, been in Ironman matches, been in ladder matches, but I don't think he'd ever been in any match so emotionally and physically draining as that.
And Triple H even said that, other than his kids being born, it was the greatest moment of his life. Classic WWE moment.

Oh and for Mr. Soxfan, if you're going to blame someone for getting hax'd, dont blame me, blame Dr. Hax. You wont be alone on that list for long

Seriously though its just a joke :p And sorry for calling you asshole. :sadface
The fact that you do that ridiculous Garry's Mod-inspired bullshit makes you a tool anyway.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I completely agree. He even was in tears after the match ended.

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Another one you might consider heel vs heel was The Rock over Mankind at Survivor Series 98. Because while The Rock was posing as a face, he was in cahoots with Vince the whole time. The match turned Mankind face.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Another one you might consider heel vs heel was The Rock over Mankind at Survivor Series 98. Because while The Rock was posing as a face, he was in cahoots with Vince the whole time. The match turned Mankind face.
Good point. But are we counting matches for vacant titles?

·
Banned
4,120 Posts

·
Banned
864 Posts
Then you'd still be a tool.
Wait, so technically you're saying that I should be hated because I like something that you dont like and typically hate.

Gee, whats the word I'm looking for? Oh yeah,

Suddenly everything makes sense now don't it?

·
Registered
113 Posts
When William Regal deafeated Santino Marella for the IC Title.
On the other side you can say Regal was face, because the match took part in Great Britain.

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
Technically it was Edge and Jericho, but a good call nonetheless.
Pretty sure Edge and Jericho took the titles from Carlito and Primo

1 - 20 of 25 Posts