Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Men with Ven
4,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone think we'll see another heel run from Punk before his rumoured retirement in 2015? His most recent run was shit hot, but since his return I've found it so difficult to get invested in his character, he bores me as a face - What odds is there that he will be heel soon?

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
I doubt he'll ever be heel again, he's too much of an anti-hero. His last heel run absolutely sucked because he couldn't get over with the crowd who wanted to cheer him, there were times where he was literally begging to be booed and he was still getting face pops to rival The Rock.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Anyone think we'll see another heel run from Punk before his rumoured retirement in 2015? His most recent run was shit hot, but since his return I've found it so difficult to get invested in his character, he bores me as a face - What odds is there that he will be heel soon?
I hope too he was great as a face in 2011 but is bland now

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Yes, and I guarantee he is still wrestling come 2016. Money talks.

·
Registered
979 Posts
The only way he will be able to get the crowd to hate him is if he turned on a fan favourite such as D-Bry, otherwise, in terms of crowd reactions the turn will flop.

The actual content will be GOLD though. Heel Punk always is.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
Heel Punk >>>>>>>>>> Face Punk , You CM Punk fanboys ruined everything by cheering for him when was heel force the WWE to turn him face again

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Punk's heel run last year was really bad. Very boring promos.

If Punk turns heel again he'd need a change of character, something like when he was in Straight Edge Society

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
He sucks anyway IMO.
Honestly if you gonna continue to post BS every time about Punk I suggest for you to quit posting. You don't really have a good reason. What you gonna say that he sucks in the ring? If so why is he in the top 5 matches of this year (Punk/Taker, Punk/Cena, Punk/Lesnar, Punk/Jericho).

As for the OP, I dont think it should happen any time soon. The guy cant get booed nowadays he's so likable and people enjoy him very much to the point they chant his name over legends.

·
Men with Ven
4,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I doubt he'll ever be heel again, he's too much of an anti-hero. His last heel run absolutely sucked because he couldn't get over with the crowd who wanted to cheer him, there were times where he was literally begging to be booed and he was still getting face pops to rival The Rock.
I guess you're right in a sense, but Kayfabe and all that is dead now, crowds are smarky and cheer who they appreciate, he was a great villain through the initial turn with Lawler, then Rock, Cena and Undertaker, I'd rather him get cheered as that character now than what he is now.

Yes, and I guarantee he is still wrestling come 2016. Money talks.
Yeah, good point, agreed, but there are such few faces as of now, not to mention Orton taking top heel spot on the roster, and HHH heeling it up, I fear there won't be much room for a turn anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
Fans don't want to boo him now. Even when he aligned with Heyman, a heat magnet, he still got cheers.

WWE even had him mock a real life heart attack and death and still didn't get a great deal of heat!

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Yeah, even when they tried to tie Pringle in the storyline with Taker and the urn he still got insane reactions.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I would love for Punk to turn heel but with the Corporation storyline going on he would just be lost in the shuffle. Right now, I would love if he and DB were the the main force opposing the Corps but with this long drawn out fued with Heyman it's not possible.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Banned
2,280 Posts

·
Buried by Triple H
3,317 Posts
:jameson

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
To be honest, I doubt Punk will retire at an early age. He may have the money and the fame and all the required things for an early retirement but I think he loves the business too much and would either miss it a lot or just get really bored without it.

That being said, I wouldn't say it's likely, but I wouldn't say it isn't either. Punk's last heel work was unsuccessful because most of the people who liked him before he had that heel turn liked him from a non-kayfabe standpoint and respected his work - these people obviously don't boo people they respect.

So it seems it would be pointless to make him a heel, and I think WWE know that.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts