Wrestling Forum banner

Heel or Face: The Rock?

• Heel

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Face

Votes: 45 71.4%

Heel or Face? #1:The Rock

2474 28
If popular, I'll do a few of these seeing what people prefer the person to play, either a heel or a face.

Today we start with the People's champ, the Great One, the Rock.

Heel or Face?
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
This isn't an original idea...good idea, but not an original idea. This was done ages ago...good to see the concept back, though.

Despite not caring for him either way, he was unquestionably better as a heel. There's no doubt about that in my mind at all. The Hollywood Rock run was much better than his face runs where he was always stuck in Austin's shadow.

· Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guessed someone had done this before seeing as it is pretty standard, I'll include some more recent guys to keep it fresh.

· Registered
547 Posts
Heel. When he turned heel and became the Rock he became one of my fave wrestlers, then when he joined the corporation he was my absolute favorite. I was one of the people who hated Austin and was on McMahon's side. Then when he was Hollywood Rock he was gold, never really cared for him as a face.

· Registered
1,254 Posts
It doesn't matter whether he's face or heel..! Jabroni..!

· Registered
3,895 Posts
This isn't an original idea...good idea, but not an original idea. This was done ages ago...good to see the concept back, though.

Despite not caring for him either way, he was unquestionably better as a heel. There's no doubt about that in my mind at all. The Hollywood Rock run was much better than his face runs where he was always stuck in Austin's shadow.
Actually they were evens after mid 1999 (whenever they were both faces), but let's not get into that as it will turn into a Rock marks v. Austin marks war of words.

· Registered
3,502 Posts
I'd say face, just for the sole reason because it's too hard to hate him, his character is the same anyway. He verbally buries everyone anyway, at least the heels are allowed to somewhat talk back, but the faces who wrestle him usually look dumb, pander to the crowd and try the good guy tschick which just doesn't work against guys who are too charismatic and have such mic and acting ability.

Plus The Rock is one of the few faces people like not because they have been pushed time and time again, but because they are just naturally likeable.

· Registered
3,643 Posts
Face, duh. The only reason he managed to get heel heat to begin with was the fact that he left for Hollywood. Without that he'd have been much like Stone Cold in that they'd never be able to get him fully over no matter how hard they tried.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.