Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any chance that the WWE will make cena turn heel anytime or will that upset the WWE fans too much.
Personally he's boring me now and I've never liked him that much, I'm not saying he's a bad wrestler because he isan't but he's getting on my nerves now.
I'd very much like them to turn him heel.

·
Registered
12 Posts
He's too big a franchise. It's never going to happen. Ever.

·
Registered
9,109 Posts
The only chance is if Mason Ryan or Ezekial become as popular as Batista, so there's very little chance. Orton is a failure as face otherwise a Cena heel turn in the near future would be possible. Flat out there's no one to take Cena's place right now. Plus Cena can always work face vs face matches and the WWE just runs with boos he gets from time to time so there's no awkward position. Cena can still be a face and work as a heel based on the crowd reactions.

·
Registered
287 Posts
WWE is probably too conservative these days to make such a bold move. Pity really - I'm no Cena fan, but I reckon he'd work as a heel.

Cena sells loads of merchandise, but turns off so many people from WWE's product that his worth to the company is actually not as clear-cut as it seems. Ceratinly, PPV buy-rates have plummeted in the Cena era. A heel turn would attract huge attention and could help bring those lost fans back.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Good god. Why don't we sticky a Cena heel turn topic.

For Cena to turn heel, a new big face would have to have merchandise sales and popularity almost as high as Cena's, so when Cena does turn heel, his merchandise sales lowering wouldn't hurt the WWE as much.

Somehow, get the 2 biggest faces to have a feud, and have Cena turn heel. It could work like that.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cena turning heel would probably the biggest heel turn since Hulk Hogan turned to Hollywood Hogan.
Am I right ?

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Very annoying because it would be massive if he turned heel.
How would it be massive? the only reason it would be massive is because it will lead to a massive decline in WWE business.

With so much being down right now, cena is one of the only things that actually makes WWE money by being the top merchandiser. You will probably lose a good chunk of your audience. Live attendance would be down worse than it is now.

If it was in any other time, there would be someone that could easily take Cena's place as top good guy. But since today's WWE sucks, there is no one that can take that position.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How would it be massive? the only reason it would be massive is because it will lead to a massive decline in WWE business.

With so much being down right now, cena is one of the only things that actually makes WWE money by being the top merchandiser. You will probably lose a good chunk of your audience. Live attendance would be down worse than it is now.

If it was in any other time, there would be someone that could easily take Cena's place as top good guy. But since today's WWE sucks, there is no one that can take that position.
Yer I didn't mean it would be massive now if he did it because like you said theres nobody who can take his place but if there was that would be massive.

Just like Hulk Hogan did in 96. Fans loved him but then he turned Heel and it was the greatest thing to happen for the WCW but only because they had a massive face in Sting to become the one the fans idiolised.

·
There's only one of me
1,221 Posts
As stated, there has to be a hero to have a face like Cena turn heel. I think it would be much different if Vince had The Rock or SCSA on the roster, but right now, there isn't much to work with if the idea is to 180 Cena.

Good point about Sting being there when Hogan turned. Plus, Hogan's turn gave the NWO a third man, creating that stable that, eventually, ignited a feud with the entire top half of the WCW roster. Having Goldberg throughout the process helped as well.

With that said, it would definitely work, and I actually think Cena would be a good heel...but he has to have someone to feud with, someone that the fanbase is dying to see. It's just not there.

·
Registered
802 Posts
He's too big a franchise. It's never going to happen. Ever.
The Rock, Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold any of these big faces ever turn heel and would never of expected it? oooo yes they have and two of them were the biggest shocks of all time.

To the OP, yes i believe it will it has shocked me a lot it hasnt happend sooner with fans turning on him and fans having a good reaction for Orton when was turning from heel to face. it would of been a great time for Cena to act like he has done everything for them and they dont appreciate that. it would of been so perfect.

·
Registered
802 Posts
As stated, there has to be a hero to have a face like Cena turn heel. I think it would be much different if Vince had The Rock or SCSA on the roster, but right now, there isn't much to work with if the idea is to 180 Cena.

Good point about Sting being there when Hogan turned. Plus, Hogan's turn gave the NWO a third man, creating that stable that, eventually, ignited a feud with the entire top half of the WCW roster. Having Goldberg throughout the process helped as well.

With that said, it would definitely work, and I actually think Cena would be a good heel...but he has to have someone to feud with, someone that the fanbase is dying to see. It's just not there.
Goldberg wasnt there at the start of the NWO and Cena turning heel wouldnt have as much effect as Hogan did and to even compare the effect to of Hogans heel turn to any other is stupid theres no other like it and never will be.

plus no one new if Sting was Heel or face because he changed his face paint and never spoke a word for months.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Cena turning heel would probably the biggest heel turn since Hulk Hogan turned to Hollywood Hogan.
Am I right ?
No there will never be a heel change of that magnitude ever again.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No there will never be a heel change of that magnitude ever again.
I'm not saying it would be the same because your right that really did change the wrestling buisness but all i'm saying is that it would be a massive heel turn and there hasan't really been one since Hulk Hogan.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I'm not saying it would be the same because your right that really did change the wrestling buisness but all i'm saying is that it would be a massive heel turn and there hasan't really been one since Hulk Hogan.
aww fair enough my bad but i still think that Stone Cold at Wm 17 is a close one my god as if that was 10 year ago :|

·
Registered
223 Posts
He kind of was a heel during his Word Life days where he rapped during promo's...though he didn't generate much hate from crowd they still cheered him, more of a heel to other wrestlers

The fact is, Cena is a cash cow, all the kids look up to him and the parents buy all the taccy merchandise for the kids. Maybe later they will try a heel turn to try renew opinion and interest just like the old Hollywood Hogan.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts