Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy has potential , imo .. I liked him in NXT , he has a good gimmick and a catch phrase .. But, he looks silly with that stupid hair-do and most people don't take him seriously .. He can wrestle and can work the mic well, his final promo on his NXT elimination was pretty good .. He just needs to be repackaged .. His hair looks horrible, and he looks like a muscular 12 year old boy .. He should have been repackaged after NXT Season 1 got over , at least his look .. Then again, you have got Young with a horrible hair style as well ..

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
9,500 Posts
First of all to quote Josh Matthews, Young's hair is cool.

But yeah I like Slater and he basically gets a lot of shit because people hate gingers, but he's a solid wrestler and one of the best sellers around.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First of all to quote Josh Matthews, Young's hair is cool.

But yeah I like Slater and he basically gets a lot of shit because people hate gingers, but he's a solid wrestler and one of the best sellers around.
Why not change his ginger look ? That hair is just so ridiculously annoying ..

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Liked him as a heel in FCW but turning him face on NXT killed it for me. That's not just me being a typical 'all heels are awesome and all faces suck' IWC member, he really is better as a heel, particularly the cocky but chicken-shit type.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
He should be the first member to just leave the group, and he should join Smackdown the following week. Then, once he is on Smackdown he could dress up as the Soaring Eagle that Jack Swagger comes down with. Swagger would come down doing his typical thing with the Soaring Eagle. Out of no where the Eagle would hit Jack with a pair of brass kncuckles. It would take it's mask off, and reveal who it is, and that of course would be Slater. Slater would serve a severe beating to Swagger, and I mean severe.

Edge could have Slater on his show the following week, only because Edge to was tired of the nonsense that was Swagger, but he never would have crossed the line like Slater chose to do. Slater would have his time to explain his reasons, and he would say that Swagger is hardly an American. Heath could say that he is a real American, and you can hear it in his voice. Slater could say that he is tired of these fake american wannabe's like Jack who parade around pretending to love their country.

Slater could say that he drives american, eats american, whipes his ass with toilet paper only made in america, etc... He needs to run with an "I'm a better American than you" gimmick. It would work out well with his annoying presence. This would be sort of similar to what JBL was working back in the day. Slater is very unlikeable, and this kind of gimmick would work well with him. Would also like to add that I think Husky Harris should eventually leave Nexus as well, and then jump to Smackdown to form a tag team with Slater. Call themselves "Southern Comfort".

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He should be the first member to just leave the group, and he should join Smackdown the following week. Then, once he is on Smackdown he could dress up as the Soaring Eagle that Jack Swagger comes down with. Swagger would come down doing his typical thing with the Soaring Eagle. Out of no where the Eagle would hit Jack with a pair of brass kncuckles. It would take it's mask off, and reveal who it is, and that of course would be Slater. Slater would serve a severe beating to Swagger, and I mean severe.

Edge could have Slater on his show the following week, only because Edge to was tired of the nonsense that was Swagger, but he never would have crossed the line like Slater chose to do. Slater would have his time to explain his reasons, and he would say that Swagger is hardly an American. Heath could say that he is a real American, and you can hear it in his voice. Slater could say that he is tired of these fake american wannabe's like Jack who parade around pretending to love their country.

Slater could say that he drives american, eats american, whipes his ass with toilet paper only made in america, etc... He needs to run with an "I'm a better American than you" gimmick. It would work out well with his annoying presence. This would be sort of similar to what JBL was working back in the day. Slater is very unlikeable, and this kind of gimmick would work well with him. Would also like to add that I think Husky Harris should eventually leave Nexus as well, and then jump to Smackdown to form a tag team with Slater. Call themselves "Southern Comfort".
Soaring Eagle turns on Swagger :lmao .. That's the only thing more funnier than Swagger asking Edge to pay for the Eagle's medical bills :D

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I can see Slater playing a cocky yet cowardly heel. I think he should be the really annoying character who everyone wants to see get smacked in the face cause they hate him so much. Combine this with the "ultimate opportunist" style of edge (As in he cheats constantly, nothing else) and you'd have a really solid character, combined with his reasonably good ring skills he could be a good superstar

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
What better a way to end the crappy Soaring Eagle skit, with Slater debuting on Smackdown as Swagger's Eagle? It would end that bit, and send Swagger off out televisions setting up a "Face" return for him later down the line. Swagger really isn't over as a heel, and I think he could work as a "face" if built properly vs a man whom everyone would love to hate, Heath Slater. Slater doesn't draw X-Pac heat, so that is a good thing.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
My opinion on him remains unchanged. He's a decent wrestler, but with his look and his Cletus-ish speaking skills I can't see him ever being more than a comical jobber in the same mold as Santino.

·
I like me
407 Posts
I agree, every time I look at him I just wanna punch his face. He needs to get a new one lol.
See, this is what I don't get. The IWC are so far up their own asses that they think that heels should actually be developed so that they like them. If you want to punch him in the face because he looks annoying, then great. As a heel, you are supposed to hate him. The problem is the IWC think that "because I am more in the know, if I hate someone it must be because they actually suck." Which is a load of bollocks. Slater doesn't need his look changed so that we will like him more, if we hate it, as a heel it needs to stay.

As for Young, I always thought he had a great look. His hairstyle is unique, meaning he sticks out more from the crowd and should therefore have a better shot at being remembered as a new guy than people like McGuillicuty who have bland as hell looks.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
See, this is what I don't get. The IWC are so far up their own asses that they think that heels should actually be developed so that they like them. If you want to punch him in the face because he looks annoying, then great. As a heel, you are supposed to hate him. The problem is the IWC think that "because I am more in the know, if I hate someone it must be because they actually suck." Which is a load of bollocks. Slater doesn't need his look changed so that we will like him more, if we hate it, as a heel it needs to stay.

As for Young, I always thought he had a great look. His hairstyle is unique, meaning he sticks out more from the crowd and should therefore have a better shot at being remembered as a new guy than people like McGuillicuty who have bland as hell looks.
I agree, Slater has such a douche face that he's a perfect heel. I haven't seen him do anything bad in the ring either and he's mediocre on the mic, with the potential to get better. I think he has a great look to be honest.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
I know that what I am about to say is ridiculous but with his voice they should never let him hold a mic.
Other than his voice I think he is quite talented one of the best in the nexus at selling moves.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts

Vince: You will like Heath Slater

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
I think people with natural orange/red hair like him may look stupid in the hair department even if he shaved it? Its just the color I think. I think he was better off with it longer like it was before but he keeps cutting it shorter and shorter , but I think orange hair shaved would just be odd looking right?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I like the whole "one man rock band" thing, and he was pretty likable on NXT.
I wonder what will happen to him when the Nexus are finally destroyed.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts