Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,164 Posts
What name is he going by? I'm assuming WWE owns "Heath Slater".

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,285 Posts
What name is he going by? I'm assuming WWE owns "Heath Slater".
Just "Heath" the way it seems, which is a terrible solo name to go with without a last name, surely he could have came up with some kind of last name like so many other ex wwe guys did when they came to TNA, like Christian Cage. Hell he could've just used his real name Heath Miller, why not? try and be more real and just go with your actual name.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,285 Posts
I'm curious to find out if he's a Christian or a Sandow.
I guess time will tell.
I'm gonna go ahead and say Sandow, i just got a feeling he isn't some hidden misused talent that WWE wasted for years, i just don't see it with him, i saw the same old Heath Slater when he was on Impact, same promos, same look. There was never a point in time where i saw Heath and thought he was great, from FCW, to NXT, to Nexus, to One Man Band, to 3MB, Slater/Rhyno, i've just never seen a hint of him being great, he's got some good comedic timing and he's good for a comedy promo, but as for being a serious really good in ring wrestler? nah i don't see it.

Maybe i'm wrong, i hope i'm wrong but i dunno.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I'm gonna go ahead and say Sandow, i just got a feeling he isn't some hidden misused talent that WWE wasted for years, i just don't see it it with him, i saw the same old Heath Slater when he was on Impact, same promos, same look. Maybe i'm wrong, i hope i'm wrong but i dunno.
I think youre right. But it's also got to be tough for the man Heath Miller. Maybe he wants to reinvent himself, but the entire world knows him as Heath Slater, the lovable goofball loser. I don't think he can just do a 180 and portray a completely different character.

But I hope he can end up ala Edge and Christian in 99-01, a comedy goofball, who can still be competitive.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not trying to come off as harsh here I'm really not but have you ever been under an actual contract? Thats 100% how the 90 day end clause works in contracts. I had one when I worked in communications that was 120 days. I had a no compete so I couldn't work with a competitor. But in that 120 days I could be called into work at anytime.

Knowing Heath pretty well personally it insults me you think he'd just lie to get out of working a date. That isn't him at all.

I'm not sure they work like that. You're fired and they're paying you to keep you from signing elsewhere - it's not like you;re on-call for those three months. And even if that is how WWE writes it into their one-sided contracts, Heath could have jut claimed contact with COVID person and in self-quarantine or unwilling to appear at PC like other wrestlers have. WWE isn't going to say "No you have to come, but we let Kevin Owens not have to risk it if he feels uncomfortable".

·
I know I'm dope, but don't wet that.
11,727 Posts
Hopefully he makes a big name for himself and return back to WWE and have the success that his former counterparts from 3MB had.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Heath is in a lose lose situation. Just like with his current gimmick if he came in with a different gimmick people with still find a reason to complain.

So far I've been entertained. Impact seems to have a way to bring out the best in their talents. I'm willing to give him a chance.

·
Premium Member
2,541 Posts
Always felt he was massively underused. Anything he's ever been given, he's knocked outta the park.

He'll probably never be the Rock or Stone Cold, but hes entertaining as a character and decent in the ring

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Good for him that he got hired, but he isn't going to make me watch now.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Him and Hawkins, have to admit I just don't get these signings. Impact should probably have saved their money in these cases.

·
Premium Member
4,988 Posts
I hated Heath for so many years but once he got kids he at least won me over partially. He looks more the part now and am glad he kept his haircut. "The wife took my kids and Vince took my last name, now I have nothing to lose" could be a fun gimmick.

·
Registered
291 Posts
looking forwards to Heath match with Moose. Hope it ends as a DQ or count out win for Heath. Really don't want Moose taking a pin.

·
Registered
584 Posts
looking forwards to Heath match with Moose. Hope it ends as a DQ or count out win for Heath. Really don't want Moose taking a pin.
Yeah at first I was trying to figure out how they would do it but after reading your post...maybe someone attacks Heath to set up his first feud during the match which causes Moose to get DQ'd and he gets his contract and Moose looks strong. Maybe EC3 attacks Heath? If not maybe someone distracts Moose and he goes out of the ring and gets CO.

·
Registered
9,604 Posts
Eh he still seems to be the same old comedic Heath Slater from WWE, no new look, no new attitude, probably not even no new gear, he's gonna end up being a comedic jobber even in TNA the way it looks. Cause already he's doing comedic shit with that guy going "so whats your last name?" and him talking about not being able to use his last name anymore. Soon he'll end up with Rhyno doing their comedic shtick they did when they was a team in WWE.

Its a shame i was kinda interested to see him outside of WWE and he seems to be no different so far.
All these wwe guys that grew into the wwe system dont even know how to be a wrestler in the world if wrestling and end up feeling the same or flat.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just "Heath" the way it seems, which is a terrible solo name to go with without a last name, surely he could have came up with some kind of last name like so many other ex wwe guys did when they came to TNA, like Christian Cage. Hell he could've just used his real name Heath Miller, why not? try and be more real and just go with your actual name.
Christian was called Christian cage before wwe. Jjst incase you didn’t know. Heath will be fine, after a while people will forgets and he’ll go to wwe as Heath after lol

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
I'm more excited to watch Brian Myers in Impact but cool that Heath has a job because you know....he's got kids.

Reactions: go stros
21 - 40 of 41 Posts