Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heath Slater showed up tonight at Slammiversary, and I like it. Rohit Raju interupted him, which was eh. Heath Slater had a shitty mic when he was talking to lol. Anyways, hopefully Heath has some of the best times of his career in IMPACT!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I may have spoke too soon... Him & Rhino had a segment and Scott D'Amore said Heath doesn't work there... It's most likely kayfabe and they are gonna use it as a storyline though

·
Registered
11,872 Posts
Heath shouldn't have done the WWE return to be squashed by Drew a few weeks ago. He could have debuted his new "look" for more of an impact. Poor business sense in my opinion even if the WWE offer paid well on the one-off return.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Heath shouldn't have done the WWE return to be squashed by Drew a few weeks ago. He could have debuted his new "look" for more of an impact. Poor business sense in my opinion even if the WWE offer paid well on the one-off return.
He had no choice. Within the 90 day no compete window WWE can call you back at anytime. He was called in to make a date during that window. If he didn't it'd be breach of contract.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,169 Posts
i guess he could be x division material. never thought he was anything more than a jobber in wwe.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hopefully teaming with Rhyno and another great addition to tag roster. Free agent Slater was gold on Smackdown Live so hopefully they can capture the magic again in Impact.

·
Registered
11,872 Posts
He had no choice. Within the 90 day no compete window WWE can call you back at anytime. He was called in to make a date during that window. If he didn't it'd be breach of contract.
I'm not sure they work like that. You're fired and they're paying you to keep you from signing elsewhere - it's not like you;re on-call for those three months. And even if that is how WWE writes it into their one-sided contracts, Heath could have jut claimed contact with COVID person and in self-quarantine or unwilling to appear at PC like other wrestlers have. WWE isn't going to say "No you have to come, but we let Kevin Owens not have to risk it if he feels uncomfortable".

·
Southern Pride
3,548 Posts
I do like the idea of them acting like Heath isn't officially with IMPACT. The "free agent" thing could be fun. The same shirt that he wore on RAW. Heath just casually walking out to the ring while Mathews is talking, challenging for matches when "he isn't signed to Impact". Heath can get away with that sort of thing.

I'm not sure they work like that. You're fired and they're paying you to keep you from signing elsewhere - it's not like you;re on-call for those three months. And even if that is how WWE writes it into their one-sided contracts, Heath could have jut claimed contact with COVID person and in self-quarantine or unwilling to appear at PC like other wrestlers have. WWE isn't going to say "No you have to come, but we let Kevin Owens not have to risk it if he feels uncomfortable".
Heath probably wanted to be in the ring with his friend from 3MB one more time. That's the main reason why he was there, i'm sure. Heath lost in seconds to a guy that beat Lesnar in 5 minutes. He was caught off guard by a claymore kick if I remember right. Heath is fine. He strikes me as a guy that values having an honest reputation in the business rather than to lie.

I'd be more worried about Rohit Raju getting so much offense in on Heath more than anything.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I don't mind Slater joining. He brings some name recognition. I'm not looking for him to be world champion or headlining ppvs anytime soon. He and Rhino are a solid team.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I thought he looked great in the ring from a visual aspect, didn't realise he was THAT big in all honesty.

I am quite high on his potential tbh, think we'll look back on this one & say it was a great signing.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,285 Posts
Eh he still seems to be the same old comedic Heath Slater from WWE, no new look, no new attitude, probably not even no new gear, he's gonna end up being a comedic jobber even in TNA the way it looks. Cause already he's doing comedic shit with that guy going "so whats your last name?" and him talking about not being able to use his last name anymore. Soon he'll end up with Rhyno doing their comedic shtick they did when they was a team in WWE.

Its a shame i was kinda interested to see him outside of WWE and he seems to be no different so far.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts