Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know that Slater's finisher, Sweetness, is Ziggler's Zig Zag.

But after watching Dolph using the Fame-Asser and making it look absolutely pristine every time he does it, I think creative should make the decision to give Slater the finisher while Dolph should take the Fame Asser and Sleeper. What do you guys think?

Honestly, the way Dolph executes the Fame-Asser out of nowhere is a better and flashier finisher for him if creative really wants to push him to the main event status.

Reactions: FLAW

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
I both agree and Disagree

Yes Dolph's Fameasser is awesome

but, He is already Looks like and wrestles like he is "Billy Gun Lite" do u really want to increase those similarities

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wrong.

Look at Slater's finisher as of late and you'll notice a key difference.
The movements are the same to me. Regardless of the fact that Dolph's Zig Zag is closer to a jumping Russian Legsweep and Slater's is closer to a Rear Naked Slam, the movements are almost the same, and only people who analyze the finisher that acutely would notice the differences.

As for the Billy Gunn Lite comparison, I will state that I don't remember any of Billy Gunn's matches anymore. None of them, and I was a pretty big fan of him a long time ago when he was still Badd Ass Billy Gunn. "The One" gimmick was horrible.

Ziggler looks way more unique that Gunn, from his attire to the fact that he actually oozes a hell of a lot more charisma in the ring. And I'll be the first to say that Dolph's running Fame-asser puts Gunn's to shame. Let's add to the fact that Ziggler sells like a champ and has been putting ***+ matches left and right as of late.

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
The movements are the same to me. Regardless of the fact that Dolph's Zig Zag is closer to a jumping Russian Legsweep and Slater's is closer to a Rear Naked Slam, the movements are almost the same, and only people who analyze the finisher that acutely would notice the differences.

As for the Billy Gunn Lite comparison, I will state that I don't remember any of Billy Gunn's matches anymore. None of them, and I was a pretty big fan of him a long time ago when he was still Badd Ass Billy Gunn. "The One" gimmick was horrible.

Ziggler looks way more unique that Gunn, from his attire to the fact that he actually oozes a hell of a lot more charisma in the ring. And I'll be the first to say that Dolph's running Fame-asser puts Gunn's to shame. Let's add to the fact that Ziggler sells like a champ and has been putting ***+ matches left and right as of late.
Orly?

This is kinda fun if u need more i can find more but i trust u see my point

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
slater's finisher is a jumping russian leg sweep

and even though hbk just retired, i'd like to see ziggler use the superkick as his finisher since the way he does it is a thing of beauty

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Orly?

This is kinda fun if u need more i can find more but i trust u see my point
By all means, keep showing me pics. All I see is that Gunn has had a widow's peak since way back when. And all I know is that when Dolph actually makes his entrance, I can take him seriously as a main eventer. As much as I loved Gunn, he was never going to be a world champion as Mr. Ass.

As for what vincent said, Dolph has the exact same thing, a JRLS. I love his superkick, but I don't ever think any superstar will make the superkick as hyped as HBK's.

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
They both say midcarder for life to me

Dolph has change my mind regarding his ring work but he still to generic Character,Gimmick,and mic wise to be a world champ

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Ziggler's got the Sleeper Hold tight, on lock.

Fame-asser looks great.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Ziggles is just loaded with flash. Between the ZigZag, the Fameasser, and the Superkick, I can´t decide which move looks best.

Whoever that assclown was who decided it would be a good idea to establish the Sleeper of all moves as his finisher should be shot on sight.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ziggler should keep the ZigZag and Slater should come up with something else like "The Ginger Slam" or something....and I wouldn't say Ziggler's FameAsser is better than Gunn's was. I do think Ziggler is better in the ring but Gunn had a decent moveset and put on some good matches too.

·
Registered
9,095 Posts
With a name like Dolph Ziggler I can't take him seriously...

They ruined his chance of being a main eventer by giving him an awful name.

·
When we all fall alseep where do we go?
23,631 Posts
Gunn > Ziggler imo.

Just stick with Sleeper and Zig Zag as finishers and Superkick/Famasser as signatures only and with Superkick juat used every now and again.

·
Registered
418 Posts
As far as I know, the Sleeper is an inside joke among wrestlers. There´s a reason why it has been the go-to "commercial break" move for years, it´s just a rest hold. I like it as a reference to the "good old days", for nostalgia reasons, but it goes completely against Ziggler´s strengths in the ring, imo, who is at his best when the action is fast-paced.

Now that I think about it, maybe it´s not that bad. One could argue it makes for an interesting counter-point to the rest of his moves, and as a great tool to work the crowd. But something tells me that wasn´t the intention when they added it to his set, since Ziggler was on his way to jobberville at that time, hanging on the backs of Kane and the Great Khali.

I wouldn´t find it so strange if it was just another trademark move, but I can´t help thinking that it´s an awkward choice for a finisher.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
As far as I know, the Sleeper is an inside joke among wrestlers. There´s a reason why it has been the go-to "commercial break" move for years, it´s just a rest hold. I like it as a reference to the "good old days", for nostalgia reasons, but it goes completely against Ziggler´s strengths in the ring, imo, who is at his best when the action is fast-paced.

Now that I think about it, maybe it´s not that bad. One could argue it makes for an interesting counter-point to the rest of his moves, and as a great tool to work the crowd. But something tells me that wasn´t the intention when they added it to his set, since Ziggler was on his way to jobberville at that time, hanging on the backs of Kane and the Great Khali.

I wouldn´t find it so strange if it was just another trademark move, but I can´t help thinking that it´s an awkward choice for a finisher.
The Sleeper has been a rest hold forever, I know, but it is a legit badass move and it works well as a finisher. If they want to use rest holds, there is nothing wrong with a headlock rather than a sleeper.

With regards to Ziggler's move set, he's built as a guy with legit amateur wrestling credentials, so the submission finish is perfect. As for the Fame Asser (surely that move has a proper name? 'Fame Asser' sounds ridiculous lol), I don't really think it's the kind of move you want as a finisher, it's a bit weak/Playmaker-esque for my liking.

·
Registered
401 Posts
As for the Fame Asser (surely that move has a proper name? 'Fame Asser' sounds ridiculous lol
Its 'proper' name is an Inverted Leg Drop Bulldog....

Just thought you'd like to know....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts