Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just watching Rock vs. Austin at Wrestlemania 17, and I noticed you cant really hear them, except for a few moments, like when they yell or whatever. Recently, it seems like the WWE has improved sound quality, and we can hear the wrestlers in the ring. To be honest, I actually hate it. Theres just something really awkward about it. For example, at this years Wrestlemania, it just sounded awkward hearing Triple H and Shawn Michaels talk. "YOU DO IT OR I WILL" over and over again. Honestly, I dont want to hear them. I think wrestlers should tell the story through emotions and body language, and through the commentary. Theres just more mystique to not being able to hear them. Also, its a problem when you can hear them call spots easily. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I like that we heared HHH, HBK and UT speaking at their match at Wrestlemania. I really think it added up to the story.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I thought this thread was about hearing wrestlers talk with eachother when your not supposed to.
haha i was watching a video on youtube and beth phoenix was in a match with kelly kelly. Beth put kelly in a hold and was blatantly asking the ref "is this a bad time? bad time?" haha.
She sounded like a moron, just search for it on youtube youll see.

·
Premium Member
15,038 Posts
I remember during Rock/Austin at WM when Vince interfered, Austin told Vince to "bash his motherfucking head" in reference to hitting Rock with a steel chair. That made it seem more realistic.

I find it weird that 2 guys can wrestle for 15-20 minutes without uttering a single word. I know for one in a regular fight, I tend to talk while I am fighting. It just makes it more intense when it happens in wrestling.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
^Recently, it seems like the WWE has improved sound quality, and we can hear the wrestlers in the ring.

I dont want to hear them. I think wrestlers should tell the story through emotions and body language, and through the commentary.

Theres just more mystique to not being able to hear them. Also, its a problem when you can hear them call spots easily.

What do you guys think?

Yeah, i don't want to hear spots being called, Rock calling 'You wanna do a DDT' was easily noticeable at Mania vs Cena. It's been going on for a long time though. I do like to hear the guys talk in storyline, HIAC it worked and benefited from it imo, the only issue was that it kinda made it more human, it's hard to explain, less real, more like they were acting perhaps? Mark Henry on the other hand, works really well when you can clearly hear what he is saying when trash talking.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
There was a time when Ken Shamrock was in a match with Val Venis and then Ken tells his sister to 'slap me'. I suggest you watch their match (Val vs Ken) and watch the part when Ken goes outside to confront his sister.

·
100% Straight Fire
2,692 Posts
It works when it's for the storyline, like Taker vs HHH. When it's Big Show having 5 or 6 guys on top of him in the Rumble and you can hear him telling them the order he's going to throw them out... Not good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts