Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She's got a great look (something different and unique), and a great story behind her character.

Can always improve in the ring and will. I originally thought she would be a solid mid tier female superstar on either brand but upon further review i think she has real top tier potential. Be interesting to see what Brand she ends up on and then how the next Superstar shakeup affects the Women's Division on each Brand.

·
Registered
7,616 Posts
She's going to have to change her character because it will not work at all. Maybe 10 years ago her character would have been perfect but not now

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
If Lacey goes to Raw as I expect, and Mandy stays on SDL, the blondepocalypse can continue efficiently and unencumbered.
Is Lacey any good? I've only seen the promos they've been airing for her. That gimmick kind of screams jobber to me on the main roster. She's got a great look though, so she has a chance. Is she good on mic or in ring?

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Is Lacey any good? I've only seen the promos they've been airing for her. That gimmick kind of screams jobber to me on the main roster. She's got a great look though, so she has a chance. Is she good on mic or in ring?
She’s not a flippy acrobat putting 6 star Meltzer matches but she plays her part very well; snotty southern belle heel character with some good heel wrestling psychology.

·
HEADBANGA
22,523 Posts
She will have a Carmella type run:

- They'll put some stock in her
- Give her a big push
- She will win the title
- She'll show she can't hang with the top tier talent
- After her champion run she will be a comedy act

Pretty much that's how it'll go tbh.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,246 Posts
Great character work, solid promo work, a little green in the ring but has a unique offense that people react to. The PC coaches love her work ethic and had her leading classes by the end of her first year, this leads me to believe she's got some hidden depths; she hasn't been able to show that much on TV but she does look more improved every time out.

She will likely end up a Bayley-type worker: heavy emphasis on story telling rather than acrobatics and big spots. The real question about her success will be whether the fans take to her throwback character or not.

·
Stomping Scrawny Vanilla Midgetesses
4,302 Posts
She's a solid promo, great character work and most important, very good in-ring psychology. Yeah, little green in terms of pure workrate. She'd probably be the top heel any women's division in the 80s.

Really, it just depends on the booking, especially if she goes to RAW, it's an open field, because a lot of the women's acts on that show stagnant and there's 3 hours of TV to fill, in terms of candidates, she'd pretty much just zoom past most of the heel fodder, but they'd have to really zone in on her character.

If they zone in on her character with vignettes and give her microphone time, she will easily stand out on that show.

The only danger is that sometimes, WWE will mess up with a character-heavy person and just throw them out to the ring in heatless matches and then you'll have people go "what's up with this Glow Girl cosplayer?". That's my only worry, because WWE has and will do that, then you end up getting like an Adam Rose or an Emma, instead of like, an Elias.

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
Ye I like Lacey she's pretty good tbh

Plus her right hand is better than my girl Nia's 8*D

·
I'm too busy, faded in Japan with the crew
10,398 Posts
What's her character? Is she supposed to be like Liberty Bell from Netflix's GLOW?

·
Registered
650 Posts
She was very assured from the get go. Knew exactly how to make an entrance and play an audience. Pretty average in the ring but respectable. Above average on the mic and improving. Her gimmicks are maybe overdone but she plays them 100% and makes them work. She has proved pretty adaptable too.
And she is probably the hottest woman in NXT.

Should do well

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,374 Posts
She has potential. Though her finish is trash. Hated a punch finisher on big show let alone her. Give her something else please

1 - 20 of 22 Posts