Wrestling Forum banner

Headshot

2487 Views 20 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  Unsexed
I thought chair shots to the head were banned. Big Show hit Justin Gabriel over the head with one on this weeks episode of Smackdown.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
5,313 Posts
I noticed that too. What I think happened is Gabriel didn't feed 'Show his back for the chair shot and they were forced to go with the head to avoid a whole awkward moment where you wonder why he didn't hit him with the chair earlier.

· Feed Me More
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
When were they banned? The whole PG thing?
Yeah. Suprised none of you noticed. Chair shots have always been taken to the back ever since the PG era was implemented.

I noticed that too. What I think happened is Gabriel didn't feed 'Show his back for the chair shot and they were forced to go with the head to avoid a whole awkward moment where you wonder why he didn't hit him with the chair earlier.
That's probably it.

· Registered
301 Posts
Unprotected headshots are banned for the safety of the performers, but protected or staged head shots seem to pop up once in a blue moon. The last one before this was at some PPV last year, Cena hit Husky Harris (I think) in the head with a chair backstage, pretty sure it was completely staged though from memory (ie. Didn't actually connect, the camera angle just made it look like it did).

· Banned
3,177 Posts
That could still be part of the selling aspect.
I think he means that when it happened it looked like storyline wise Gabriel had blocked it with his hands, but the fact that Gabriel was selling the effects after it happened means it was kayfayabe supposed to connect.

· Registered
6,087 Posts
UNPROTECTED head shots are banned. Gabriel protected himself with his arms.

· Registered
594 Posts
If they bring up their arms to protect the shot then I don't see the problem. It's when they just take it straight to the forehead.

· Registered
1,604 Posts
i was going to make a thread about this as i noticed it to as far as im aware Chair shots to the head were banned in late 09 due to the WWE going more PG.

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,895 Posts
Being at the Smackdown taping, the whole thing was awkward. Following the match with Barrett, Big Show chased Corre away, then he left. Then a couple minutes later his music hits, he saunters down and grabs a chair, gets into the ring and Corre comes back down to their music, and Gabriel gets hit. A "retake." Lots of fans found it hilarious.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.