Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
From parts unknown
22,859 Posts
The streaming landscape is a fucking mess, everybody trying to cannibalize Netflix's market share and they aren't even turning a profit. Disney and Warner think they have headstarts with their 100 year deep catalogs but how much of that is going to appeal to the millennial target audience? People our age aren't dying to see Casablanca or the 1930's King Kong, hell 90% of Warner's catalog is going to be in 4:3 480p. It took Netflix $100B to build their catalog and user base with new content driving subscriptions, how do Warner and Disney think they're going to compete with only like a dozen or so new shows? At least Disney found the sweet spot with the price, Disney + is going to be invaluable to shitty parents who don't want to be bothered by their kids, I can't figure out what the HBO Max niche will be.
Looked at Disney+ catalogue... It doesn't even launch with their own entire MCU movies lmfao. I think they only have 8 lol. When I realized that I couldn't even watch MVU movies on Disney+ I realized what a fucking sham that was. Same with the DC streaming service. The good stuff isn't on it.

I'm only keeping Netflix till my wife and I finish Supernatural and then I'm unsubbing from both Netflix and Amazon Prime. I sometimes sit there looking for things to watch and having seen the good shows the rest of their catalogue is basically the cheap 1 dollar Wal-Mart bins with all the trash dvds. I have showtime which is shit. Hulu is unwatchable with their ads. I'm unsubbing to all of them.

It's all fucking useless. They put stuff up that has no actual market value. They want people to sub to their service and still pay for the really good stuff. It's double dipping at its worst. I paid for a VPN instead. 45 bucks over 2 years. No copyright strikes.

I want to give them my money, but they're way too greedy. So fuck em.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
You mean, people are actually paying for this?!
:heston

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
So this HBOMAX thing is absorbing DC universe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nothing official, but since Doom Patrol is going to be airing on both, its likely it will. DC Universe will likely just be comics only, similar to what Marvel has.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Nothing official, but since Doom Patrol is going to be airing on both, its likely it will. DC Universe will likely just be comics only, similar to what Marvel has.

So why would they promote doom
Patrol over Titans? That’s what throws me off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
40,723 Posts
Looked at Disney+ catalogue... It doesn't even launch with their own entire MCU movies lmfao. I think they only have 8 lol. When I realized that I couldn't even watch MVU movies on Disney+ I realized what a fucking sham that was. Same with the DC streaming service. The good stuff isn't on it.

I'm only keeping Netflix till my wife and I finish Supernatural and then I'm unsubbing from both Netflix and Amazon Prime. I sometimes sit there looking for things to watch and having seen the good shows the rest of their catalogue is basically the cheap 1 dollar Wal-Mart bins with all the trash dvds. I have showtime which is shit. Hulu is unwatchable with their ads. I'm unsubbing to all of them.

It's all fucking useless. They put stuff up that has no actual market value. They want people to sub to their service and still pay for the really good stuff. It's double dipping at its worst. I paid for a VPN instead. 45 bucks over 2 years. No copyright strikes.

I want to give them my money, but they're way too greedy. So fuck em.
Amazon Prime's b-movie catalog is DEEP. It's amazing. It's worth the sub price alone.

Also from what I can tell you get DC Universe with a HBO Max. So in that sense, it's being absorbed. I'm assuming DC Universe keeps existing though in the sense that they're going to be making more DC shows.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I prefer the route I've gone as opposed to having a million subs. Cancel WWE Network because fuck WWE. Get Netflix through T-Mobile. Get Funimation, DC Universe and Hulu because my friends/roommate have them. If they cancel their subs I find it online somewhere else. The only thing I'd pay for if no one had it would be Funimation. $0 spent.

·
From parts unknown
22,859 Posts
Amazon Prime's b-movie catalog is DEEP. It's amazing. It's worth the sub price alone.
Do you know about Tubi? It's free. Doesn't have intrusive ads and has almost the same quality as Amazon's B-movies. Once I found Tubi, my desire to keep Amazon went down tbh. Tubi even has sexploitation flicks which most other services are staying away from.

Also from what I can tell you get DC Universe with a HBO Max. So in that sense, it's being absorbed. I'm assuming DC Universe keeps existing though in the sense that they're going to be making more DC shows.
I'll consider anything DC related when their catalogue hits marvel levels. They're getting there, but I think they have about a good 5 years to get on their levels - especially in the movie department. I was done with most everything I wanted to see during my free trial lol.

Their TV shows are good though and their animated movies fantastic --- but the animated stuff has been losing its charm lately for some reason. Hopefully it makes a comeback tho. If I pay for anything in the next year or so, it'll be funimation. They have PS3 support still which is a bonus.

·
40,723 Posts
Do you know about Tubi? It's free. Doesn't have intrusive ads and has almost the same quality as Amazon's B-movies. Once I found Tubi, my desire to keep Amazon went down tbh. Tubi even has sexploitation flicks which most other services are staying away from.

I'll consider anything DC related when their catalogue hits marvel levels. They're getting there, but I think they have about a good 5 years to get on their levels - especially in the movie department. I was done with most everything I wanted to see during my free trial lol.

Their TV shows are good though and their animated movies fantastic --- but the animated stuff has been losing its charm lately for some reason. Hopefully it makes a comeback tho. If I pay for anything in the next year or so, it'll be funimation. They have PS3 support still which is a bonus.
Yeah Tubi is great I agree. I like both. Prime simply has more. If you don't think it's worth it then ok.

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
Interesting. But there's too many god damn subscriptions out there.

Netflix and Disney+ are locks for me. I have to have those. (When Disney+ comes out)
WWE Network is another one......but lately that's been more enticing to cancel....
I don't know how many more of these I can do.

HBO Max tho.......

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
HBO Max will be included with your HBO subscription at no additional cost.
Sorry I meant HBO NOW when I say sub, just wanted to make sure I was clear.

EDIT, I just looked it up here is the answer

HBO Max is also going to be a free upgrade for people who already subscribe to HBO Now, but there’s a bit of a caveat: it’s only free for people who are billed directly through HBO, according to AT&T. That means the offer is only eligible for customers who subscribe through hbonow.com and are billed by HBO. Customers who subscribe to HBO Now via other services, like Amazon Prime or Apple, are not eligible for the free offering.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
They got deep pockets, but I have no doubt in my mind that the service won't do well given their price tag. Disney has a far better package especially with the Hulu bundle.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts