Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On paper and in terms of starpower this is a WM tier match which should be talked about more. And it's actually a really good match. Shawn clearly wearing shoe lifts lmao

·
Registered
673 Posts
It was overshadowed by the evolution fuckery in the end and generally only served the purpose to further Batistas development and Goldbergs feud with HHH.

Anyways I always felt that HBK should have won at least one more World title and have a lengthy run with it for about 4-5 months as he was in fire during that time.

So it was mostly a filler match to further other storylines that’s why it’s not really talked much

·
Registered
378 Posts
As a kid I was really invested in that story surrounding the bounty on Goldberg's head. Great pay off as well. Thank god I didn't know about any dirt sheets who would have spoiled the whole thing.

I didn't care for Shawn Michaels too much here. I only started watching in 2000 so I missed his prior run. To me he was just someone the commentators would talk about as a legend but I never saw him on the top level from a kayfabe POV. His offense seemed weak but he had the great finisher.

I loved Goldberg though. He was my favourite when I saw him a few times for WCW and aside from his match with The Rock, I wanted him to win everything lol.

·
The Babyface of WF
13,683 Posts
The Raw match was good and at least deserved a ppv Title match but Face vs Face wasn't taking the luxury over Hunter being Top Heel at the time you knew it only had a chance of being a free tv encounter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts