Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-- Shawn Michaels posted on his Twitter today what could be considered a hint at his return to WWE. He said, "It was gr8 seeing the WWE gang @ Tribute show. Got some business done too. Seems there may be a future w/the WWE & yours truly:)"

WrestlingInc.com

·
FOTC
11,010 Posts
I miss him so much. I hope he comes back to the WWE in some capacity. It would be cool if they revealed HBK to be the anonymous GM and then he became the full time GM after that.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
He could just be referring to some sort of backstage role. He's stuck to his word thus far. I don't see him going back on it tbh.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
He's not wrestling again. Sure, he might do a match or two somewhere down the road, but the guy clearly is happy being with his family and not taking bumps. If that's what he wants to do, more power to him.

I would love to see him in an on-screen role of some sort, but I just don't see him coming back in any regular capacity any time in the next several years. Maybe some WrestleMania-related buildup, but nothing permanent.

·
FOTC
11,010 Posts
Yah he's probably got some back stage role planned for him. Maybe a hall of fame induction?
Good idea, but not this year. If they're planning on a WCW Themed Hall of Fame he wouldn't fit in. Hopefully next year's Wrestlemania is in Arlington Texas at the new Cowboys Stadium. That's the perfect place to center the HOF and maybe the event around HBK.

·
FOTC
11,010 Posts
this. his role as commish in 1998-99 was great.

Yes it was. The Anonymous GM deal has run it's course. I think the live crowds are getting restless when they hear the email sound. HBK being on RAW weekly would bring a different element to the show. Also, the travel would not be brutal at all for him.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
Good idea, but not this year. If they're planning on a WCW Themed Hall of Fame he wouldn't fit in. Hopefully next year's Wrestlemania is in Arlington Texas at the new Cowboys Stadium. That's the perfect place to center the HOF and maybe the event around HBK.
Mania was in Houston for 25 two years ago. I don't see them going back to the same state in such a short time especially when they have cities all over the country bidding for it.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
i believe HBK return as some sort of backstage role not performer since HHH going to have strong position in WWE soon...HBK/HHH with Steph running the company? i believe so

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Definitely gotta be for a backstage role or even GM position.

Or it could be something else, dunno what though.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Maybe there's a seat waiting for him at the broadcast table? King is getting stale and Punk is only there until he heals up. We need someone to filter out Cole's BS.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Best case scenario is most likely that he plays a part at WM (maybe as a ref).

He's definitely not wrestling, not this soon.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I think he's obviously not going to come back as a wrestler, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had a on air role in the months coming into Mania. Being the annonymous GM would be a nice surprise and I would love to see him back on screen to help out with a big angle, even if it is only for a couple of months.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Shawn Michaels possibly coming back as part of the booking and writing team for SmackDown since Michael Hayes is said to be a dead man walking in regards to his job and there has been talk of maybe Triple H coming in to take over the role. If Shawn Michaels were to come back for that role in would allow him to maybe even work from home or only have to work a couple of days a week which wouldn't interfere with his church commitments or his family life.

Shawn Michaels has always been praised for having a great mind for the business and came up with the storyline going into WrestleMania 10 with Razor Ramon and was also the one who went to Vince McMahon and told him that WWF needed to produce an edgier show and to stop pulling the wool over people's eyes in regards to what is real and what isn't which is when we started to see a lot of real life things turned into storylines and we saw the start of "The Attitude Era". Now i am not saying that Shawn Michaels was the man behind that whole era or that he is a the saviour of wrestling but as he and a few others have said about him Shawn Michaels has always felt he knew what the fans wanted and what they like and it was also Shawn Michaels that presented the majority of the storyline with Chris Jericho in 2008 which went on to be voted Feud of the Year by either PWI or Wrestling Illustrated.

In all honesty though as a HUGE Shawn Michaels mark i would be happy just seeing him on screen leading into WrestleMania 27 for some kind of role and maybe a Hall of Fame induction although i think having him inducted next year would be a better idea as there have been many rumours that the majority of next years inductee's are people that really made their name in NWA or WCW like Arn Anderson, J.J Dillon, Ron Simmons, Lex Luger and Goldberg so Shawn Michaels would be better off not being inducted at the same time as those names in my opinion.

·
WindUp
163 Posts
....did you all not watch the slammy awards? although well stuttered (his mic work is sooo rubbish, never been a fan)
he said that he was in a hidden location because he didnt want the WWE finding him and bringing him back.
he out for good now....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts