Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If it could have happened
How would you have booked it

Generally I could think of the student turns on the master "Now I am the master" kind of thing
But I'd interested to hear how it would be spiced up

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Probably a 'respect' feud. Or as you said, student vs master thing. Either way who gives a shit, any excuse to have those guys kick each other's asses.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This

Bryan as a heel, HBK as a face.
Haha yeah that's what I got it from when I said it in OP
Greatest Scene ever
I'd like the feud to go across the years like the HBK/HHH feud
The put on classic gimmick match after classic gimmick match I could see these two doing the same
Too bad it'll never happen...or will it? No it won't lol

·
Resident Old Man
3,677 Posts
HBK would have worked the better heel IMO, but all just wishfull thinking. I would have liked to see them go for a solid 20 - 30 minutes

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
HBK wouldn't put over Danielson. He may have found god and all that shit and might not be a pilled out jackass, but he still wouldn't have put anyone over. Still just a program with Shawn would have elevated Danielson.

They could have had the storyline be that Danielson comes out and tells Shawn that he has done it all in the WWE and it's time to hang it up, but wait there's one thing he hasn't done, that's win the US title. Danielson then tells Shawn that he has no chance now because he's old and washed up and can no longer hang with a guy Danielson's age.

I think if Shawn had stuck around a feel more months and actually be willing to put guys over he could have elevated a few guys for sure. Instead he went out on a loss to the most over and established superstar on the roster.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HBK wouldn't put over Danielson. He may have found god and all that shit and might not be a pilled out jackass, but he still wouldn't have put anyone over.

I think if Shawn had stuck around a feel more months and actually be willing to put guys over he could have elevated a few guys for sure.
I thought that's what he mainly did towards his end
Putting over the likes of Randy Orton, Jericho, Cena guys that were already over but the victory over HBK is good thing on their resumes

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Agree with previous poster, would rather have Regal.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
The only guy he really elevated in the last 7 years was Orton. Cena and Jericho were already well established by the time they got their victories over HBK.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
I'd personally put them in a position where they need to wrestle - and they go in acknowledging their history and they shake hands and go at it and Daniel gives him a HELL of a match, eventually winning with a roll up.

Afterwards, as Daniel waits to embrace his mentor and thank him for the opportunity to face an idol - Michaels superkicks him out of nowhere.

HBK Heel vs his nerdy face protege works best here in furthering Daniel's character. Not to mention, I'd love to have seen a last HBK heel run before he left as he's much more interesting as the bad guy.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CM punk said it best HBK just took Danielson's money
William Regal is really the master
Is that really true though? Regal taught him too or alone? I'm confused lol

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
From what I heard Shawn Michaels just stuck his name on the wrestling school and worked with some of them a little bit, but it's not like he taught them everything they know.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd personally put them in a position where they need to wrestle - and they go in acknowledging their history and they shake hands and go at it and Daniel gives him a HELL of a match, eventually winning with a roll up.

Afterwards, as Daniel waits to embrace his mentor and thank him for the opportunity to face an idol - Michaels superkicks him out of nowhere.

HBK Heel vs his nerdy face protege works best here in furthering Daniel's character. Not to mention, I'd love to have seen a last HBK heel run before he left as he's much more interesting as the bad guy.
I like that idea

The only guy he really elevated in the last 7 years was Orton. Cena and Jericho were already well established by the time they got their victories over HBK.
Right but put it this way
Cena beat "Mr. Wrestlemania" at Wrestlemania and Jericho beat Shawn at the match he "Innovated" (The Ladder match)
I mean as far as Wrestling goes that's great stuff, it's elevation

Seemed like he always put over HHH in one on ones and he made the Game's HIAC list bigger

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Yeah, technically Shawn didnt really train anyone. The school just had his name on it. Remember, this was from his cokehead days. He could barely stand up straight, let alone run a wrestling school. He just spent all his time refereeing matches in Japan and watching WCW trying to decide with Nitro Girl he should bang.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
From what I heard Shawn Michaels just stuck his name on the wrestling school and worked with some of them a little bit, but it's not like he taught them everything they know.
That's funny because whenever you hear about these Sports Academies I always think: "Man they probably show up the first day and you never see them again" with Shawn I wouldn't have thought it'd be like that
Sucks but it's funny

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Well like redeadening said that was during his drug days so I'm willing to bet he'd go about it a little differently now.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
What sounds better?

Shawn Michaels, a future hall of fame headliner, trained me.
William Regal, a jobber, trained me.

:side:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts