Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who would your WWE Tag Division consist of if you could choose or pair up anybody in the world. They can be from the roster, FCW or anywhere in the indies. For me it would go something like this:

Heels
The Briscoes-I'd do whatever they can to sign these guys and make them the focal point of the Tag Division. They could be like this generations Dudleyz, they are a great team and deserve a shot at the big time.
Titus O'Neil & Darren Young-Keep these guys as a team. They are hilarious and charismatic as hell. They also work really well as a team, and to be honest I dont want to see either of them a singles stars so a tag team is the way to go. They should atleast geet one Tag title reign though.
Corey Graves & Jake Carter-These guys are a great team from FCW, have a nice look and work well together. They'll be a nice team to have around and maybe have a possible run with the titles.
Curt Hawkins & Tyler Reks-See Above

Faces
Kassius Ohno & Seth Rollins-I think these two would make a great team and would be the face of the division. They have a history together with their times in ROH and IMO I dont think Kassius' character would suit in a team with Cesaro, and the 2 of them would make the division abit more credible.
Primo & Epico-The faces need an extra team so I say turn these guys face and ditch AW, where AW finds a replacement team with one of the above teams, probably O'neil & Young. These guys could easily work as faces and be popular IMO.
The Uso's-Keep these guys in here, and make them a competitive team. I'd like atleast 2-3 reigns from them as a team, IMO they deserve it.
Xavier Woods & Mike Dalton-From FCW, they would be the exiting cruiserweight team, and could easily get over. They may not get a reign as champs but should be contenders for the titles and would put on excellent matches with most of these teams.

So I think with these teams, right amount of TV Time and a PPV match every month, it could seem important.

·
#FunFact™
7,513 Posts
That works well while using current teams, but personally, I'd separate Hawkins and Reks and put Hawkins and Ryder back together. I think they broke up way too soon in the WWE.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Faces

The Uso Brothers
The Kings Of Wrestling
Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel
Evan Bourne and Trent Barretta

Heels

Primo and Epico
Darren Young and Titus O'Neil
Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks
The Briscoe Brithers if they could be signed

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
The Uso Brothers
I heard 'Uso' means 'brother' anyway, not sure if it's true though, citation needed.

It's a terrible thing when every person in the tag division bar probably the Uso's and Primo & Epico (right now) deserve better than the shitty tag division. People like these guys shouldn't really be there at all, many of them are simply better singles wrestlers.

Building on that, the WWE just needs the tag division completely refreshed with actual tag teams. Not two guys who just randomly tag together, but two with a story behind them, in ring chemistry and a good tag moveset.

Now, examples are;

Reason for their tag team: P&E - Cousins, Uso's - brothers.
Good chemistry: Titus and Young - not great wrestlers themselves but make a decent team.

No reason and no chemistry: Truth and Kofi.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Faces

The Usos - These guys are great in the ring. They just need a bit more mic time, and they need their longer entrance back

The Miz & Alex Riley - Both of these guys are floundering in varying ways. Riley is barely on TV, except for squash matches, and Miz is totally directionless and jobbing to everyone. Miz has done all he can as a heel. Maybe have him turn face by saving Riley from Kane or something. Riley & Miz have a nice streamlined look. They can both take turns playing the face in peril because both are amazing sellers. I think they can also flip a switch from comedy to serious like DX.

Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder - I also agree that Hawkins & Ryder were broken up too soon, and they were never given the chance to get over as a team. I see the two of them as the next Edge & Christian. Have Hawkins be the leader and play the straight man to Ryder's wacky antics.

John Cena + whomever - The one thing that Cena has not done in his career was have a lengthy and meaningful tag title reign. Since he's no longer in the World Title scene, it seems like they struggle to find something for him to do. And he can't have dream matches forever, because they keep knocking everyone down the pecking order Pick a young superstar for him to team up with on and off with.

Air Boom - If Evan Bourne can get his act together, I'd like to see him and Kofi reunite

Heels

Antonio Cesaro & Kassius Ohno - I know the WWE is intent on pushing the Kings as singles stars, but I think that the two of them at the very least can form a Rated RKO-like alliance. Let Claudio do his thing for now. Once Hero is ready to be called up, just have him interfere in one of Cesaro's matches

Dolph Ziggler & Jack Swagger - I disagree with the sentiment that Swagger is holding Ziggler back. It is perfectly possible for individual members of tag teams to hold singles gold (and both of them have). Creative are just lazy in that regard. Even if Ziggler was to be a main eventer, I would not break them up, since most of the time the singles stars end up in tag matches anyway.

Darren Young & Titus O'Neil - Agreed that their antics are a bit funnt

Primo & Epico

Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase - I think that Cody & Ted should be booked the way that Triple H & Shawn Michaels were. They'd be linked for the rest of their careers, feuding on and off, but randomly teaming up whenever both are on the same alignment.

Johnny Curtis & Derrick Bateman - I was hoping their antics on NXT Redemption would lead to a reunion of sorts. They'd make a great comedy tag team, and you could throw in Maxine as their manager.

Alberto Del Rio & Ricardo Rodriguez - I want to see Ricardo in teh ring asap. Plus, I think it would be a great idea to give Ricardo the Mr. Kennedy gimmick, introducing himself before segwaying into the usual Del Rio introduction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts