Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many times have you felt sorry for yourself? For example.. you wish you were never born. You wanna die. Anything of the sort...
My life is at a complete low right now. There's nothing I can do about it.

There are loads of things to be glum about. The only good things are that I leave dreaded school this Friday... and the other one I forgot.

Have you ever felt like this in your life? And what do you do to make yourself feel better?

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

·
Banned
759 Posts
No, I haven't.

Feeling sorry for yourself is a mindless, useless activity that doesn't help or change a damn thing.

You say theres nothing you can do about it, but theres always a way to better or change your circumstances, always!

You just have to set your mind, stop feeling sorry for yourself, take control, get off your ass, and do whatever you have to in order to make things better!

I don't know what your troubles are, as you weren't specific, but theres always something you can do, even if it just means walking away from the situation or person if thats what it takes to make the problem cease.

N

·
0 Posts
WWF Angel said:
You say theres nothing you can do about it, but theres always a way to better or change your circumstances, always!
That's all good and "cheery," but I disagree somewhat. It depends on the circumstances. Things aren't going to get better if someone loses everything he or she had and loved...things are irreplaceable. You know, maybe your wife and kids get murdered or die in a car accident. I get what you're saying, but let's not group everyone's lives and thoughts into one pile of scrap. People think individually and unique, so yeah, what you might not care about could mean the world to another and vice versa. Plus, until you experience it (and even then, your thought pattern will be different), you're going to have a lacking point of view.

Anyhow, yeah, I have felt that way before. I doubt, truthfully, that people have always been cheerful, full of life and energy, and never depressed. That'd be a nice life, where your parents make a load of cash, your school tuitions are already paid for, and college is a place where you do nothing but party. But that's not the life of most.

I've never felt that way over something petty, however.

·
@delecast
4,405 Posts
Yeah, I felt that way earlier this year. My girlfriend out of nowhere started cheating on me and broke up with me. It sucked for a long time, I started to drink a lot. Then I suddenly pulled myself up and started making my life better. Don't worry, I know this is a stupid thing to say, but I grew a lot after the whole situation, and you probably will too.

·
Registered
11,885 Posts
Uhm, not to the point I wanted to die, or wished that I was never born. Some people put too much emphasis on the lows...

I was 'down' when my ex-girlfriend broke up with me last summer, BUT it was my own fault dating such a girl during summer. Got over it about 2 weeks later.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
First off, you're far from being alone, everyday people go through all this crap. (especially at school)

You need to go into specifics if you want advice, what's bothering you?

Whatever it may be, try to keep yourself away from drama, I go to school to learn, not to take part in a 6 hour soap.

·
Banned
759 Posts
LFC said:
Al my problems are to do with school.
See Nitemare^^^^I was right this time.
I realize and agree with you on your points regarding major events that you can't change or losses that are devastating like death and whatnot, but being as he is 16, and the way he said the things he did, I figured it probably wasn't anything he couldn't get off his ass and do something about, like school for instance. ;)

N

·
0 Posts
Yeah, for him it's probably easy to get out of (if there's even anything to 'get out of'), but I thought you were generalizing all circumstances.

·
Banned
759 Posts
I wasn't, I rarely generalize, and wouldn't have made light of the situation had it felt like a "real" problem when I read it, but thats my bad, I guess I should've been a bit more clear in that aspect. :)

·
Double D Baby!
3,328 Posts
I'm real bad at giving advice to people i dont know. Its weird. Hmm. I cant say ive been at a low where i wanted to die or never be born. Maybe when my parents got a divorce, that was the biggest thing that happened to me that made me go on a low. But WWFAngel is right, there is always something you can do about it.

·
The North Remembers
20,749 Posts
I hardly ever feel sorry for myself. However, lately I have been...of course, because of a girl.

Kinda stupid though. Life is too short to be down and depressed.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I feel sorry for myself all the time, I'm always depressed, but then again I'm a goth so my advice is don't be like me.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
^^^ that's the best advice anyone can give :agree:

·
Banned
4,310 Posts
I've felt similar to your situation other times, but I've never really thought about suicide. Life is too precious. Me being a teenager, I'm guessing since your problem has to do w/school, girls are involved too, rit? Try to explain your situation more clearly, we might be able to help.

·
Banned
1,489 Posts
When I get on a low, and start feeling sorry for my self, I always wake up and think " Ah **** it". Then I try to do something about it, or deal with the problem. I never cry about it though.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No, no girls involved in this. This is my problem. It might not seem much to you, but it's terrible to me.

My main problem has just gone worse. Let me explain.
I applied for this 2 A Levels equivalent course on Airline and Airport operations, but when I went to the interview they said my target grades were bad, so they will sign me up to a Travel and Tourism course instead, which is equivalent to 5 A-C's. Now I have started revising and stuff, but I have come to the conclusion that there is no chance that I will get over 4 C's or above. That to me is a disaster. My parents will be severely disappointed, so will lots of my cousins. And furthermore, I would not be able to do ANY course at LBA. I want to do that course so much, that I haven't even applied to any any college, etc. Where will I go after I hit reality in the Summer? I surely do NOT want to do Year 11 again. I'd rather die.

Oh, and LBA is an airport.

·
Banned
9,035 Posts
I'm always feeling down and depressed off and on regularly. Gotta love manic-depression. I just try to take it one day at a time, and try not to worry about much, but it's kinda hard. Yeah.

I also highly disagree with the whole "there's always something you can do about it" shit. Until you've been in someone's shoes and lived a day in their life, you won't realize. It's easy to just say "teehee, there's always something you can do about your problems! now lets go out for a frosty chocolate milkshake!! :)". But it's hard to do when you're in a situation that makes you depressed and down.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
LFC, sorry, I'm sort of confused. Can't you retake the course, or eventually start from the bottom and be promoted or something?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts