Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
People need to go watch a full episode of RAW in 1998 and tell me that the Attitude Era was so awesome... because (except for 2000) it was just a good main event with a shitty undercard.

·
Dios perdona, los Perros... NO!
3,915 Posts
People didn't even like the Attitude Era during the Attitude Era - if you were to go reread the old forums you'd see what I mean.

I never managed to watch WCW growing up so, as of late, I've started watching from 1997 onwards. As a reference point, and just to see how my image of AE holds up, I also rewatch WWF Raw (the same dates). I'll admit I'm not blown away by anything (as I was), but it has its major positives. Much like the era now, though.

The past always looks good in hindsight.

·
Registered
16,394 Posts
People didn't even like the Attitude Era during the Attitude Era - if you were to go reread the old forums you'd see what I mean.

I never managed to watch WCW growing up so, as of late, I've started watching from 1997 onwards. As a reference point, and just to see how my image of AE holds up, I also rewatch WWF Raw (the same dates). I'll admit I'm not blown away by anything (as I was), but it has its major positives. Much like the era now, though.

The past always looks good in hindsight.
True the attitude era wasnt liked by small minority of the IWC back then but it was a very small minority smaller than uit is now, the IWC is larger now, and the WWE have started taken attention to it but back then no one gave a flying monkey about what the IWC thought, no one relly cared about it or even knew it existed, hell I was one fo the people that used to hate on the Rock back then but I still look back on the era with fond memories, I have read the old forums, but to be honest the viewing figures and the attendees at the time speak for themselves and was WWE most sucessfull era. The current era isnt even putting people in seats. What you got to understand is the attitude era was big at the time becuase wrestling was cool at the time, wrestling isnt cool anymore except to kids and those old school WWE fans that want to believe WWE can be brought back to its Attitude era fame. Its actually very sad.

anyway on topic: I have watched this one recently :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YphBJ3G6xCc

·
Registered
200 Posts
But you gotta question WHYY was it so damn popular? Cause it was so damn great and had really great and cool characters. There's a reason why it was so cool for a short period and hasn't reached it again till this day, it's just not as good. And to be honest, I'll watch a 1998 episode any day than anything now.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
People need to go watch a full episode of RAW in 1998 and tell me that the Attitude Era was so awesome... because (except for 2000) it was just a good main event with a shitty undercard.
1998's midcard mostly consisted of DX, the Nation, Shamrock, Blackman, Jarrett, Al Snow and the light heavyweights. Not perfect but at least they were entertaining, especially compared to now. 1999 I'll give you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts