Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got bored and started to watch pro wrestlers in mma fights. I saw this video of Jushin Thunder Liger try a Liger kick and epically fail. My question is, have any of you tried using a pro wrestling move in a real fight?

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have one, but it was more of a skirmish than a full fledged fight (no punches were thrown or anything). Essentially some guy was trying to act tough in front of a group of people by threatening me (im pretty average in height and build, and he was taller and a bit heftier than me). He put me into basically a headlock and was trying to seem like he was controlling/manhandling me, so my response was to lock my arms around his waste and turn it into a back suplex on the ground (somewhat like the often used counter in a match). He held on but it got me more leverage in the situation but we got separated.

·
Premium Member
43,944 Posts
Not me personally, but I saw a guy do a Dragon Screw in real fight...kind of.

Jerk tried to kick the guy in the gut, but the guy caught his foot, and just twisted him down to the ground Dragon Screw style. It was very graceful, but hey, he blocked the kick and took the other guy down. The fight was broken up seconds after that.

·
Going fckin' Over.. while Digging Holes-uhh and Bu
2,610 Posts
The Haitch would pay to see one of your marks perform Scotty 2 Hotty's Worm in a real life fight-uhh...

Before getting your skinnyfat ass handed to you.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
One time in tenth grade some preppy kid tore up my Halloween mask and I put him in a front facelock. Didn't choke him. Just wanted him to know he wasn't going anywhere with a mild twist of his neck.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Does different variations of the headlock count?

Maybe a spear here or there.

Reactions: nyelator

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Only if an arm bar counts tbh. Suplexes, DDT's etc would require a lot of the victim helping me if I was even going to attempt to injure them as I doubt I'm strong enough to force the issue. I've often ended a fight with someone's arm pulled behind their back or similar, you'd be surprised how quickly the fight goes out of somebody if they think you'll snap their arm.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Kimura, rear naked chokes, all work. But they are technically more MMA moves so they're supposed to work.

Basic head locks should be easy to apply, but I doubt you'd ever win a fight with a head lock. Unless you're a master like Randy Orton.

Unless you've got some amateur wrestling experience, giving someone effective suplexes would be pretty hard. I can imagine someone attempting to give someone else a german or back suplex then realising the other guy still hasn't let go, but now his tired from trying to give the suplex and on the fucking ground.

Tried to give a DDT to someone when I was younger. Keep in mind that we weren't working together, but it never seems to properly work. When you drop down, the other guy will probably resist meaning that you'd just tumble down safely or in some cases not even fall at all.

Personally, when I do a kick I'll slap the back of my leg like I'm doing a pro wrestling kick just for fun. At first, other people started questioning why I was constantly slapping my ass when I was kicking, but they got over it.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
I've seen a shoot Canadian Destroyer in a street fight.

Worked in a bar and we had no problems all night. Close up at 2:30 and go out into the parking lot and there is about a 10 person brawl outside. Watching and one guy had just been hit in the stomach and kind of hunched over, guy runs at him, puts arm around head, and flips over him front to back in a Canadian destroyer (only difference was the guy was off to the side, instead of having his head between the other guys legs like in the start of an actual Canadian Destroyer). Blew my mind.

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
I've been trapped in a front facelock before slowly regaining my balance and lifting my opponent high into the air....only to drop back down as he cinched in the hold.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Yea I did a Brogue Kick on a guy once

·
Registered
674 Posts
in a street fight it is hard to perform maneuvers that require some help from the ring ropes like a lethal injection or an Asai moonsault so I will hit them with a tiger driver and finish them off with a figure four

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,614 Posts
Not sure if it counts but I have legitimately knocked someone unconscious with a ddt when i was around 6 years old.

I've done a Japanese type running drop kick, landing on my back.I was shocked that I did it so it didn't go further that and he was a afraid of getting up.

Again not a fight, someone purposely ran into me so I grabbed him and just picked him up and slammed him on the floor. I broke his lunch box.

Well, someone hit me because someone else hit him and he thought it was me so I grabbed his throat and did sort of a chokeslam on computers, lucky they were shitty ones so who cared. :)

I did an STO to someone, it was my first fight, he punched my nose to I gave him an sto. He hit his head pretty hard on the floor, I felt remorseful until he spoke and annoyed me again.

Oh I had a fight with someone bigger and I got on his back and ATTEMPTED a rare naked choke while he threw me around in the air, running back first into walls. Its bruised my back but the teachers got involved before he could seriously hurt me.

I gave someone an ibushi type kick to the leg, complete taking his legs out from under him and he went face firsted into the concrete floor

Someone tried to put me in a headlock so I climbed up a near by gate and wrapped my leg around his neck hyper-extended his arm.

Wow i've got more then i though i did looking back. I've been in more fights then I care to admit. Some people just don't like sarcasm.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts