Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

· Registered
522 Posts
The difference between Lawler when he was heel and Cole when he was heel is that Lawler is a color commentator, and therefore had J.R. as a play-by-play. It was Lawler's job to add personality and excitement to the commentary team. However, it's Cole's job to call the damn match. He spends entire shows shouting about people who aren't even in the ring at the time, which is just burying the talent that's in their at the time, not giving them any exposure or attention.

· Banned
4,205 Posts
Give me a break!

Cole is EASILY one of the best things about WWE right now, he's comedy genius and quality on the mic.

Cole is a great heel.

· Registered
185 Posts
The difference between Lawler when he was heel and Cole when he was heel is that Lawler is a color commentator, and therefore had J.R. as a play-by-play. It was Lawler's job to add personality and excitement to the commentary team. However, it's Cole's job to call the damn match. He spends entire shows shouting about people who aren't even in the ring at the time, which is just burying the talent that's in their at the time, not giving them any exposure or attention.
I see what you mean, but that's why i think Smackdown works so well, with Josh Matthews as the commentators who calls the match with Booker adding his input and genuinely adding excitement to it whilst usually arguing with cole. Raw however with just lawler and cole makes it different, but funny because they have such a contrast in views and opinions, i think adding striker to the mix wouldn't hurt (btw, why has he left? ive seen him on NXT though but not smackdown)

Alternative, bring back J.R?

· pretending to be nice
11,713 Posts
haters gonna hate

Cole is one of the best things on WWE tv right now.
This, kinda. Cole only puts himself over but buries all the superstars. I don't know how WWE thinks they'll ever get the new generation over as long as Cole is still a commentator. He's even in SmackDown these days! Thank god we atleast have Booker there to combat Cole.

· Inappropriately tinkly music.
7,065 Posts
This is the thing. As a face, Cole sucks as a character and as a commentator. As a heel, he's a great character, but he's still in the wrong job. He's getting himself over at the expense of all else, then cheerily shilling the next WWE movie with Lawler, because that's what the PxP guy has to do. Just have him manage the Miz already.

· Registered
35 Posts
Give me a break!

Cole is EASILY one of the best things about WWE right now, he's comedy genius and quality on the mic.

Cole is a great heel.
Yes. He is so great that I can barely tolerate watching either Raw or Smackdown with the volume very high and usually choose to leave the room to go take a shit whenever the Miz comes out. Cole is very annoying throughout the show, but is absolutely intolerable when the Miz makes an appearance. How is it helping the Miz when more people seem to be talking about how annoying Cole is during the Miz segments than about the things that Miz himself is doing? I've not made it any secret on these forums that I am not a fan of the Miz, but it's becoming clear to me that one of the main reasons why I don't like the Miz is because of Cole.
Like I've said before, no heel announcer in this history of the WWF/WWE has ever made me want to tune of the show simply because I couldn't stand the announcing. The announcers that have come and gone over the years were entertaining in their own right, but Cole is just annoying and has been forced down our throats on both shows. At minimum, Cole should be dumped off the Smackdown announce team. And for the Miz's sake, Cole needs to dial back on his orgasmic man crush.

· Registered
1,684 Posts
perfect post on this subject.

· Registered
166 Posts
Like I've said before, no heel announcer in this history of the WWF/WWE has ever made me want to tune of the show simply because I couldn't stand the announcing....
What about 1998 when Jim Ross was the heel announcer and even get his own table in front of the officiel announcers table? (It was when he was a on-screen friend with Dr. Death Steve Williams).

· Registered
135 Posts

· Registered
3,408 Posts
this

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.