Wrestling Forum banner

Have you enjoyed Sasha Banks' push so far ... even if it has been a bit of a slow burner?

3218 Views 39 Replies 26 Participants Last post by  Simpsons Modern Life

I'd be really interested in this because I know there is a lot of fans of Sasha on here, and I also know that with that comes frustration when a talent hasn't been pushed to the moon and seems to be left in limbo to some degree, or as second choice to other talents being pushed over them, which at the moment, as we know, is Charlotte.

I know some people are on the same wave length as me here, as I've discussed it a few times, however this whole slow and steady thing with Sasha Banks I think has been great, it builds up frustrations with fans for that big moment, which I do believe is yet to come with Sasha when she wins her first Diva's title for a start, hopefully at Wrestlemania as that will also give her a very memorable moment, but not only that, we know too how when talents do become pushed, out of the wood work comes all their detractors and I guarantee that even with Sasha, once she is finally getting that big push, this will happen ... however that doesn't matter, because in Sasha's case it really does mean that she's doing something right.

With Reigns for example, it wasn't really a case of that with all, because of many factors that were spoken and debated about between fans of the product, however with Sasha I think it's fair to say that even if you don't like her or she doesn't appeal to you ... she has it and we know she does, she can wrestle, she's confident, she's very accessible which I think is a massive thing for her ... and she's also got a reaction very early on, which as long as that sustains, I think she can potentially be quite a star within the diva's division, she's got the look also (and I'm not talking about if you fancy her or not) ... she just has a look and style about her that is different and this works, the only thing for me personally (and this is on a personal level) ... is I'm not really seeing any out standing mic or promo skills, she's good ... but I don't see anything majorly out standing, however considering some of the other mic skills on the other diva's, then yeah, she stands out there too ... but I have only seen her on the main roster really in the backstage promo's and the commentary segments ... which has just come across to me, say like AJ, good basically but nothing to say 'Wow' over ... but again, that's no diss, knock or anything, as that's not really my thing (I can't be arsed) ... it's just from a personal perspective and I think there will be more to see in regards to that anyway, she'll drop some shit hot promo at some point I'm sure when she's given something to run with, which as of now ... she hasn't had anything to get her teeth into.

The way I see it, the WWE are being careful with Sasha at the moment and I know that the WWE are known to not have long term plans, I do think that despite that, they know that whatever they do with her, they have something here that can be potentially a really big thing, and hey, it's all money to the WWE so if they want to earn this ... then they'd best be careful with this one cause as I saw, how accessible she is alone ... that there is a money maker from merchandise alone.

My guess is the diva's title will either stick with Charlotte for a while or something or other will give Sasha her Wrestlemania moment with the diva's title win, as long as there is no injury or anything in between, this is the plan I would take ... hold her back, build up the fans, let them get frustrated ... and then a little more more ... because why not ... and then boom ... give Sasha that big moment where hindsight will feel so great for that moment, like a weight has been lifted ... I really do feel it could be a big moment, if the WWE do it this way.

I say this out of genuine vibes that I get and the way that I see Sasha Banks, she's not a favourite of mine, Paige is actually my favourite diva on the roster right now (I do miss Kaitlyn!) .... but I can absolutely see why Sasha is gaining her popularity because there are so many reasons to like her ... be it in the ring, her gimmick, how accessible she is, her confidence, her characters attitude is a little edgy to some degree ... and I've got to be honest, when she came down the ramp on Raw last night ... she really did look like the stand out girl there for sure ... and I say this, just because it's what I genuinely feel, I don't sugar coat or bullshit, I just say it how I see it, the same way I do when it comes to giving any credit to Cena for example, even though Cena does my head in, which Sasha absolutely doesn't ... she's just not a favourite of mine at the moment ... and that's all it is (if this grows then we'll see) ... but my point is, she's unique and she's a star in the making ... which is why I feel that it's good to do the slow and steady approach with her .... and really, don't rush her.

However, for those out there who are fans of her, how do you feel so far in regards to the push that Sasha has had, I mean you see The Bella's involved a lot (which to be fair, this is right because they are the diva's that people want to see knocked off and this will give a great rub) ... Charlotte, who we hear mixed vibes about, she can wrestle and things but we do hear mixed vibes in regards to her, Becky who seems to be just there, can wrestle but it's like ... she's appealing to people but she seems like the extra boy band member or something you get to make up the numbers, potentially Becky could possibly be more but I can't say too much about her as personally, I've not seen enough, then we have Paige, who I love ... but to be fair, Paige doesn't need to be in the title picture for a while, keep her on TV, she's great and contributes well (people talk about her right?) .... however she had the title the way she did and we know how it's been with her, so give her a break a little is fine by me ... but keep her on TV though, as long as she's not forgotten about then I'm fine, I'm like that with Dean though ... even though I feel Dean deserves more, he's on TV, he's entertaining me and I think regardless of what push he does/doesn't get ... his talent will shine in the end ... and that's what it is when it comes to Dean Ambrose, a little like Piper, Dibiase etc... who didn't need big title wins to cement their legacy ... although they absolutely deserve it and Dean should have an IC reign at some point at least.

Though in regards to Sasha, how do you feel about the way that the WWE have pushed her so far since being on the main roster, she still seems to have her relevance, even though she's kind of been in the background a little as opposed to other diva's, which they can only push so much at a time, but I think they've done it right this time, she's not getting the Emma booking, so when she is involved she's coming out great ... however do you feel frustrated in regards to Sasha's current place on the roster or ... are you quite happy with things at the moment and just waiting for her time.

She can't be ignored, the WWE can't ignore her, but I do know that for some people. they do worry about the WWE messing things up ... and when you care about a talent, this comes into play more so ... however I don't think the WWE can get away with not pushing Sasha cause there will probably be an army of fans ready to get Vince in some crazy scorpion death lock or something and make him tap out until they give her this substantial push lol

* I also think they really need to bring in her brother too, Robin .... cause he could really help push things up a notch with Sasha also.

So thoughts, I'd love to hear some vibes from you guys as I thought this would be very interesting.

* That's not a serious comment.
See less

I'd be really interested in this because I know there is a lot of fans of Sasha on here, and I also know that with that comes frustration when a talent hasn't been pushed to the moon and seems to be left in limbo to some degree, or as second choice to other talents being pushed over them, which at the moment, as we know, is Charlotte.

I know some people are on the same wave length as me...​
See more
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Premium Member
15,136 Posts
The girl is yet to pinned on the roster, and has already made Nikki and Paige tap more than once, she has established credibility to the moon. I've enjoyed what I've seen from her and any Sasha fan should be happy she wasn't pushed to the moon right off the bad, she's gona have an amazing moment when she wins the title. Wish I can say the same for Becky.

· Bow Down to The Queens
🕷️ MAFIA BELLA 👸🏼
44,696 Posts
Yes. Most of us are content with her winning the belt at Mania against Charlotte. She's the most protected Diva on the roster, so the company obviously thinks highly of her. I think she'll be this generation's AJ Lee in terms of popularity once she reaches her peak. Things are going really well now that she's officially adopted The BOSS character on the main roster instead of just letting her natural swagger and charisma carry her.

· Registered
520 Posts
She'll be as irrelevant as Big Show when Eva Marie hits the main roster, so I needn't worry chum.

· Registered
561 Posts
I think Sasha is in a good place for now. She and Charlotte had some great matches for the NXT Women's title and look forward to them feuding for the Diva's title. But I can wait a little while for that to happen. I mean, it wasn't that long ago they were feuding in NXT and need some more time apart before reigniting that feud. Remember that almost everybody was excited when Cena and Orton started feuding for the first time, but now most of us are tired of it even though they have great matches. Don't want the same thing to happen with Charlotte and Banks. The best feuds are drawn out over years with a year or two between each battle. I wouldn't mind Charlotte feuding with Paige and Paige winning the title and feuding with Lynch. Have Lynch win the title at the Rumble or something then feud with Banks at WM. Or maybe throw Naomi in there, she deserves a title run more than anybody imo. Maybe have Banks win the title at MITB and then feud with Charlotte for Summerslam.

· Registered
4,406 Posts
Yes and no.

Yes for the potential slow burn storyline where she overthrows Naomi, disbands Team BAD, then buries Naomi. That's just the kind of feud a rookie needs to build them up and get them over before they chase for the title. But honestly, I think WWE is going to fuck up this simple concept because it looks like they aren't teasing dissention with Team BAD anymore and Sasha has suddenly become the leader overnight with Naomi willing to do her bidding. I wouldn't be surprised if this team quietly disbands now.

A big NO to her win/loss record. She hasn't been pinned or submitted since she debuted. That's almost 5 months. And she's a heel. Only monster heels get that booking these days, and she's about as tiny as AJ Lee.

They definitely shouldn't job her out but she should still be taking a loss here and there, especially when she hasn't been a title contender. This is Roman Reigns level of overprotection.

· Registered
6,465 Posts
I think she'll be this generation's AJ Lee in terms of popularity once she reaches her peak.
Thats Paige, her merch sells, does the public appearances on TV etc and is the best seller on WWE Shop. She also gets cheered as a fully fledged heel (helped by booking babyfaces like morons). Plus I think AJ put her over before she left with the whole Freaks and Geeks thing.

Reactions: gsm1988

· A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They are doing the right thing with her for now. I want her to win the title an Wrestlemania. That's what she's earned and anything less will feel underwhelming.
Yeah it will, I think she needs to have that big win but it needs to be built up right now, she is obviously very popular and has the fan support, it absolutely should be at Wrestlemania, if they don't do it there, then they would have missed the potentially highest peak from this.

It's fine to wait, she'll have her big day. There's no "Divas Revolution" though, aside from the name and repeating it 100 times in a divas segment.
Nah, the Diva's Revolution is just a term, call it marketing if you will but it's not exactly been that, sure, the talent have started to get more TV time, we sometimes see a couple of matches, so they have upped things, which is great but I wouldn't call it a revolution, it's more about creating a hype than anything.

The girl is yet to pinned on the roster, and has already made Nikki and Paige tap more than once, she has established credibility to the moon. I've enjoyed what I've seen from her and any Sasha fan should be happy she wasn't pushed to the moon right off the bad, she's gona have an amazing moment when she wins the title. Wish I can say the same for Becky.
Yeah, I don't know what to make of Becky to be honest, I don't really dislike her, I think she seems like a great talent but she comes across a bit chavvy to me, I can't really say too much about her in ring work cause I don't really think I've seen enough, but I absolutely do believe that she's good in the ring because I've heard it mentioned quite often in regards to things here, it's more her character that people tend to speak about.

She hasn't been pushed yet... They're biding their time, thankfully.

But she is being protected, so you know the push is comming.
Yeah, I think it is, and rightly so ... it's potentially going to be a big moment, as long as they keep the momentum and do it right.

Yes. Most of us are content with her winning the belt at Mania against Charlotte. She's the most protected Diva on the roster, so the company obviously thinks highly of her. I think she'll be this generation's AJ Lee in terms of popularity once she reaches her peak. Things are going really well now that she's officially adopted The BOSS character on the main roster instead of just letting her natural swagger and charisma carry her.
Yeah, it really does have to be Wrestlemania for her to have her moment, it's the highest peak she could possibly get, and for her fans too ... so that's definitely where it should be built up towards, plus a good build over a good substantial amount of time will make a better final moment.

I think Sasha is in a good place for now. She and Charlotte had some great matches for the NXT Women's title and look forward to them feuding for the Diva's title. But I can wait a little while for that to happen. I mean, it wasn't that long ago they were feuding in NXT and need some more time apart before reigniting that feud. Remember that almost everybody was excited when Cena and Orton started feuding for the first time, but now most of us are tired of it even though they have great matches. Don't want the same thing to happen with Charlotte and Banks. The best feuds are drawn out over years with a year or two between each battle. I wouldn't mind Charlotte feuding with Paige and Paige winning the title and feuding with Lynch. Have Lynch win the title at the Rumble or something then feud with Banks at WM. Or maybe throw Naomi in there, she deserves a title run more than anybody imo. Maybe have Banks win the title at MITB and then feud with Charlotte for Summerslam.
Yeah, I felt that with Cena and Orton, they just overdid it way too much, it kinda got to the point where their matches were becoming a bit stale because there was nothing more that they could do, and there is always the risk of that when things are done too much.

Yes and no.

Yes for the potential slow burn storyline where she overthrows Naomi, disbands Team BAD, then buries Naomi. That's just the kind of feud a rookie needs to build them up and get them over before they chase for the title. But honestly, I think WWE is going to fuck up this simple concept because it looks like they aren't teasing dissention with Team BAD anymore and Sasha has suddenly become the leader overnight with Naomi willing to do her bidding. I wouldn't be surprised if this team quietly disbands now.

A big NO to her win/loss record. She hasn't been pinned or submitted since she debuted. That's almost 5 months. And she's a heel. Only monster heels get that booking these days, and she's about as tiny as AJ Lee.

They definitely shouldn't job her out but she should still be taking a loss here and there, especially when she hasn't been a title contender. This is Roman Reigns level of overprotection.
Yeah, the win/loss record doesn't really play much of a part for me personally, but I can see where you're coming from ... a loss wouldn't hurt her, she's still who she is and I think the under dog story could also play a part in things, if needed, because of, like you say with her size ... she probably shouldn't overly dominate but she's good and that's what will win her over with everyone and where her wins will mean something.

Thats Paige, her merch sells, does the public appearances on TV etc and is the best seller on WWE Shop. She also gets cheered as a fully fledged heel (helped by booking babyfaces like morons). Plus I think AJ put her over before she left with the whole Freaks and Geeks thing.
He said when she hits her peak, honestly, Sasha does potentially have all the tools to do this, like I say about her being so accessible and Paige is quite accessible herself too ... but with Sasha there's the whole Boss rings and necklaces, the shades, the tshirts, there is so much for kids to latch on to and adults can wear the t-shirts with the whole boss thing that she has, she's got a widespread appeal and this is where it's good for her.

· Registered
1,910 Posts
Sasha is very protected.almost like a baby.she doesn't lose single matches ,and she doesn't get pinned or submitted technically shes undefeated.Wwe is aware of how well people love her fans and wwe associated people.Only reason se isnt being pushed is because WWE needs to play out other events.I like how their booking her a lil bit She never loses and is still gets biggest pop's out all divas.

· Registered
1,910 Posts
And tbh sasha shouldn't be losing to anyone imo.isn't one diva on roster besides charlotte or bayley that I can see beat sasha and look believable.

Way she wrestles and way she's booked she never looks weak.

· Registered
58 Posts
Nah, the Diva's Revolution is just a term, call it marketing if you will but it's not exactly been that, sure, the talent have started to get more TV time, we sometimes see a couple of matches, so they have upped things, which is great but I wouldn't call it a revolution, it's more about creating a hype than anything.
"Nah"? That's exactly what I said..

There's no "Divas Revolution" though, aside from the name and repeating it 100 times in a divas segment.
There's some damaged fangirls on Twitter who time divas matches and send threats to the WWE.. if calling some clusterfuck a Revolution shuts them up, good for the WWE, making money off crazy bitches.

18,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And tbh sasha shouldn't be losing to anyone imo.isn't one diva on roster besides charlotte or bayley that I can see beat sasha and look believable.

Way she wrestles and way she's booked she never looks weak.
I don't know, I wouldn't find it unbelievable if certain talents got wins over her, Nikki for example, Charlotte after a big massive brawl, though I think Sasha fairs up absolutely and looks strong, I just don't think it looks unbelievable if she gets beat by certain talents if you get what I mean.

I could see Tamina beating her, but with the way Tamina is booked and seen it's probably not going to look as likely, basically if Tamina was booked as a dominant diva, that would also be believable.

It's not a bad thing though of course :)

"Nah"? That's exactly what I said..

There's some damaged fangirls on Twitter who time divas matches and send threats to the WWE.. if calling some clusterfuck a Revolution shuts them up, good for the WWE, making money off crazy bitches.
Oh really, they'll be at WWE headquarters soon then by the sounds of it lol

18,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
People saying she has not been pushed yet :sasha2

Yeah, well regardless of that too, she's been pushed onto the main roster, so that's what I mean initially anyway.

That first response though, clearly didn't read the OP and responded from the title.

:)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.