Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
14,593 Posts
I think there's room for improvement in the WWE for sure but I don't think things are that bad. Still some endearing things about the show.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
It'll never be as bad as WCW 2000. That's the one positive of the pc corporate era.

I'm not saying it's good, but it's alot better than the first half of the year. Where it felt like literally nothing happened. Also it may not be the stories people want(Myself included) and they're stretching things to where you can see it ripping, but there are at least semi-justifiable reasons people are doing things and more importantly they're actually doing something.

Plus if this completely gets Lesnar out of the way, I'm all for it. Evenmoreso if it means the Lesnar types and the nostalgia acts get their paydays at the Super House Shows and "The Greatest" Unethical Cash Grabs, instead of WMs and SSs.

·
Banned
4,891 Posts
WWE has been unwatchable for the past decade. How are some of you just now realizing it?

They won't go out of business because there is no real alternative. But they will also never improve without any competition.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
their storylines have mostly been shit for almost 10 years now. this is not something recent. it may have reached a new low now but its been trash for years.

·
Registered
6,456 Posts
The creative is bad, but the product won't be as bad as WCW because the in-ring product is still decent. Yes, not as good as they could be, but the matches are still mostly better than whatever WCW had. Well, most of the main events have produced decent matches besides the ones with Brock that is just spamming of finishers, or the Goldberg ones that are just 2 minutes long...

Still don't get the need to turn Braun heel, keep Reigns baby, and have neither be allowed to lose to protect both, and put them in the same angle. They could have just promoted KO or Drew into the top heel position for Reigns to feud with.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Aghhh, after 35 yrs of loyal watching I actually had to walk away tonight. All these 3 way championship matches, main events that dont get resolved before the end of the show, lame GM's and Renee Youngs commentary (puke) she ads nothing as she doesnt know what the hell she's talking about and comes out with stupid oneliners. Its the same damn show rehashed each week with terrible commentary. NJPW with Ross and Bennet is my new home till WWE can get back on track.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Apply this philosophy to WWE in 1996 and we are talking about WCW right now.

1. Keep trying to present Vince as a babyface, even though the fans hate him
2. Keep trying to get Steve Austin booed
3. Edit the crowd etc to try and get people to cheer Rocky Miavia.

If they don't make Austin a babyface, Rock a heel and Vince a heel, the company dies.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Can you remember a time in all your life watching wrestling were the booking for storylines have made no sense and are so uninteresting

and I'm referring to loyal wrestling fans, it's no surprise in the slightest that the casual fans are turning off in their millions

it's begs the question, how long does WWE have left before it ends up like WCW?

What steps would you take if you were Vince, Steph, HHH etc? or are they part of the problem or just the problem?

have WWE creative gone mad or have they just gone lazy?
Yes, WCW in 2000.

As for what steps they should take, sit them down, Clockwork Orange style, in front of 2 tvs, one playing Nitro from 2000 and the other playing current WWE.

·
Justice 4 Asuka
1,117 Posts
The sad thing is they have all the talent at their disposal and have the stars to put on some great matches and feuds, but creative have their heads so far up their own ass that we'll barely see this.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
and I'm referring to loyal wrestling fans, it's no surprise in the slightest that the casual fans are turning off in their millions

it's begs the question, how long does WWE have left before it ends up like WCW?
With the Fox and Saudi deal, and currently insane stock prices, they won't be going the way of WCW for a very long time. No matter how shitty their product is.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Miz vs Cena I Quit match
Cena single handedly destroying and quite literally burying The Nexus
Triple H's reign of terror

It's shit now, but let's not forget how shit its been before.

·
Banned
1,431 Posts
Now I didn't catch the ending of Raw although I would assume Reigns somehow beat Corbin? Well if creative had some cojones they would of had Corbin win that match

Heck I was also for Braun winning the hell in the cell FYI and heck what if Trish Stratus answered Ronda's open challenge and won

now that's some booking

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Just remember that at the end of the day, everything goes through Vince and there have been past writers of WWE who've even said that often when they came up with ideas, he'd shoot them down and change it to what he wanted.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts