Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm not an orton fan but in 2011 he's done a hell of a job of improving his in ring work and making his matches more exciting. sure orton always was good but tone himself down because of injuries but, come on, he toned down to ric flair/hulk hogan status.

anyways it's nice to see him expanding his moveset and putting up good matches because from 2007-2010 he was awful.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Its purely coincidental his main two feuds have been with Punk and Christian, then?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
i'm not an orton fan but in 2011 he's done a hell of a job of improving his in ring work and making his matches more exciting. sure orton always was good but tone himself down because of injuries but, come on, he toned down to ric flair/hulk hogan status.

anyways it's nice to see him expanding his moveset and putting up good matches because from 2007-2010 he was awful.
Agreed with everything up until that. IMO Orton had some of the best matches in those years, especially with Cena.

I'm not a fan of Orton myself, but he's definitely one of the best workers in the business. And he gets better and better.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
he's never been awful or close to it, but he has been really great this year.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts

Agreed:gun:

·
Confortably Numb
6,435 Posts
Fuck Orton.
You want that, don't you?

-

On-Topic, his Summerslam match with Christian will go down as one my favorite matches of all time. Might be because I hadn't seen a good Hardcore match in a long time but still, damn.

·
Banned
2,045 Posts
Orton was awful from 2007-thru 2010 vincent k. mcmahon?? Are you blind,stupid or a combo of both? Lets see,in 2007 he had classic matches w/ HBK(including a super match at Survivor Series that HBK even rates as one of his faves),there was the match w/ him and Edge v DX where he bled like a pig (and HHH got hurt that was great until that point),the great tv match on Raw w/ Edge the day after the Backlash '07 PPV,the stretcher match w/RVD,the good match w/Cena at SummerSlam '07, need I go on?

Ok I will.His match w/Matt Hardy on Raw in March '08,his match w/Regal in London,The 4 Way match at Backlash and more in '08 but he missed some time that year w/ the collarbone injury).

Even his streetfight match w/Shane at NWO '09 was good.He had a great Last Man Standing match w/HHH on the commercial free Raw,there was the 3 Way match w/ him,Edge and Jericho in 2010 and toms more.So next timn you say something that dumb,rethink it or you'll just look bad.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I am always fair with wrestlers and their ability. I agree with the OP that from 2008-2010 orton toned down his ring style because of injuries and character. I think that did hurt his matches but i knew from watching him earlier in his career that he was still a good wrestler. In 2011 he has picked up his pace and his ring style now is what his 2003-2006 matches were like but better. I give credit to CM punk and Christian but Orton deserved credit as well since he is having great matches with everyone including kane. Also even though orton wins alot he has made midcarders look strong like ted dibiase,dolph ziggler, and cody.

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
Orton has always been decent. He reminds me very much of his father, with his lanky frame and superb execution. They both make it look very easy and smooth. Being a third gen wrestler has something to do with his psychology as well.

I do agree with OP that this year has been an amazing year for Orton with possibly his best in-ring work thus far in his career. He's been cemented in my mind as a great worker.

Match against Cody this week was pretty damn good too.

·
Banned
1,802 Posts
Its purely coincidental his main two feuds have been with Punk and Christian, then?
yup, and back on topic, just because he improved his ring work a little, doest mean he does not suck, he actually still sucks.
RKO85 said:
I agree but I think he's the best wrestler in the WWE and has been for a couple of years now.
you mad? orton being the best wrestler? pls, christian is better wrestler, cm punk, db, rey misterio, etc

·
Registered
996 Posts
you defend orton a lot, cause he is your favourite, but you need to accept facts
Nobody is saying he is the best wrestler or even better than christian or cm pun k but the guy can wrestle. I mean for someone you say sucks he seems to have a lot of good matches with different people.

·
Premium Member
5,362 Posts
Orton's on top of his game. I felt he became really lazy from 2008-2010. Not necesarily bad, just not as good as he could've been. Fortunately, it seems like he has had a fire lit in him since coming to Smackdown.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts