Wrestling Forum banner

Have TNA shot themselves in the foot yet again ???

10179 116
Credit: The Wrestling Observer

TNA is really screwed as of right now as they had plans in place for a Main Event Mafia return storyline. There is also a lesson to be learned here as you don't promote a major storyline and then worry about getting the guys for the angle signed to contracts at the last minute. Booker T and Kevin Nash had both been penciled in to be at the Monday TNA iMPACT! tapings to further the "They" storyline. This makes the Monday TV taping interesting as the only former Main Event Mafia member they can now bring in is Sting. They'll obviously need to figure something out this weekend

I'm kind of torn over this because i am quite happy to see Kevin Nash and Booker T staying off of tv TNA payroll as that money can be invested in X Division or Tag Team star's instead from places like AAA or ROH but on the other hand if TNA were planning on bringing The Main Event Mafia back for February 3rd then doing it without Kevin Nash and Booker T doesn't really work. I know that Samoa Joe was also a part of the group towards the end but he didn't really fit and is now involved in probably the only good storyline in TNA against The Pope which TNA shouldn't just end so that Samoa Joe could join The Main Event Mafia.

This though yet again show's just how crazy TNA's booking team is because they are trying to push through a storyline without three people in Kevin Nash, Booker T and Sting without even being contracted to the company and in the knowledge that WWE are on great terms with Kevin Nash and Booker T whilst WWE would probably love to have Sting if only for a short time. Surely TNA's booking team should have held off on the storyline until they had agreed terms and re-signed the three men but now they have left themselves in limbo and shot themselves in the foot because the Impact tapings are tomorrow.

I guess this could be a great way for TNA to turn AJ Styles back to face and have him join The Main Event Mafia which would consist of Kurt Angle, Sting, Scott Steiner and AJ Styles up against Immortal but outside of that i just don't see where TNA can possibly go and if i'm honest i'm quite concerned because TNA don't pull great swerves or alternatives in their storylines because of a weak booking team. The whole point of this was surely to have the original Main Event Mafia return which would make complete sense seeing how Kevin Nash and Sting turned Immortal down and were against them going into Bound For Glory and then also Kurt Angle because he was screwed at the same PPV but now without Kevin Nash and Booker T it is a bot up in the air.
101 - 117 of 117 Posts

· Registered
3,873 Posts
Actual answer: Dixie knew the first person that would have been canned would be Vince Russo. As she protects the shit out of him (so much that she blames every Fire Russo chant on someone else), she backed out of the deal.

Think of it. When Dutch Mantell and Jeff Jarrett were out of the creative team in 2009, Russo got kept around. There probably are people in the company that want to get involved in creative, it just won't happen until Russo leaves.

· Registered
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Just seen this come in so they have changed everything around now,

Credit: EWrestlingnews.com

TNA tapes iMPACT! tonight, which is the heavily hyped February 3rd episode. Do not expect the Main Event Mafia to return tonight, as TNA has decided to go with a new direction for "They." Word is that it is a completely different direction, which was decided several days ago, and according to a source, "When it goes down, people who expected a ton of big names might be surprised, but it's a move that's better for the company overall."

· Registered
3,177 Posts
This angle fails without the Mafia, despite some idiots here saying otherwise all hints have pointed towards it with Crimson in the suit, Steiner in the suit to save Angle etc. The only other result of this "They" thing is another shittily thrown together stable. They might as well pay Sting whatever he wants and throw in a couple new members.

· Registered
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Found these two bit's this morning so it looks like TNA are really putting everything into this new "They" storyline.

Credit: EWrestlingnews.com

Tonight's iMPACT! tapings are important as major storylines are planned and Spike TV has requested them to be loaded for sweeps. Set for tonight is Hulk Hogan's return to feud with Dixie Carter, Jeff Hardy vs. Mr. Anderson for the World Title and the arrival of "they", originally expected to be the return of The Main Event Mafia.

-- According to Randy Ricci, a former production manager for TNA Wrestling who is often very bitter in his comments, top personnel such as Dixie Carter, Vince Russo and Eric Bischoff are said to very hopeful that the "They" storyline "saves the company."

Well TNA certainly needs this new storyline to work because if it it doesn't i don't think they will ever progress now as they constantly throw money away on people who do nothing for them and their booking is so piss poor everytime they do something that draws us in like 10.10.10 they fuck it up within a week or two afterwards.

Credit: Wrestling Observer

Booker T and Kevin Nash were in negotiations as late as last week to return to TNA Wrestling, but both grapplers instead opted to return to World Wrestling Entertainment obviously. Booker T personally informed company president Dixie Carter that he had declined TNA's offer. Nash, however, did not. He verbally agreed to return to TNA and was slated to sign the contract this week. Carter discovered Nash bolting for WWE when the news broke online.

Just goes to who just how clueless Dixie Carter really is and that if she does care about TNA she would do the decent thing and beg Paul Heyman to come in and offer him everything he wanted in the first place because everything goes through Dixie Carter and it is her that allowed the whole "They" storyline to go through without having Kevin Nash and Booker T under contract. The time really has come for Dixie Carter to leave anything in TNA that is wrestling related alone and for her to work on promoting and financial aspects of the company and allow Paul Heyman to come in with whoever he wants alongside him to run the company on the wrestling/booking/creative side.

· Registered
125 Posts
I don't see the problem, really. Why does it have to be the original members? This time the only purpose for MeM to exist is to help out Angle, and with Steiner, Crimson and Morgan I think we have e perfectly fine "MeM 2.0". A good mix of old and new. TNA makes it harder that it needs to be if they ditch the Mafia idea totally, especially concidering all the hints they already have given.

· Banned
2,204 Posts
Im still a little suprised that htye havent tried hyping up the Hardys reunion match

That would have been money in the bank

· Registered
165 Posts
I know the spoilers are up...not read them. Anyhow Booker & Nash are antiques, one wrong move and they are going to break. WWE can have them. They looked horrible in the PG Rumble.

Kevin Nash has no nerve bashing writing teams when he wrote for WCW and almost drove it into the ground 2wks later. Great WWE can have the antiques...while they at it, they could hire Ball Baglan back...and all the antiques.

TNA is fine and Nash should never be in TNA after lieing to Dixie about the verbal agreement and appearing in the PG Rumble. Go to WWE, I guarantee he'll get hardly any tv time...and a big pay day!

· Registered
5,024 Posts
When has TNA not shot themselves in the foot? It's not like they are short of talent to step into the role.

· Registered
1,120 Posts
The only way that this is a bad situation is if TNA treats it as such. Booker and Nash in WWE is a very good thing for TNA, now they're forced to assemble younger talent.
In light of Jerry the King Lawler getting a title shot, TNA has a cance to move to its youth....

101 - 117 of 117 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.