Wrestling Forum banner

Have TNA shot themselves in the foot yet again ???

10175 116
Credit: The Wrestling Observer

TNA is really screwed as of right now as they had plans in place for a Main Event Mafia return storyline. There is also a lesson to be learned here as you don't promote a major storyline and then worry about getting the guys for the angle signed to contracts at the last minute. Booker T and Kevin Nash had both been penciled in to be at the Monday TNA iMPACT! tapings to further the "They" storyline. This makes the Monday TV taping interesting as the only former Main Event Mafia member they can now bring in is Sting. They'll obviously need to figure something out this weekend

I'm kind of torn over this because i am quite happy to see Kevin Nash and Booker T staying off of tv TNA payroll as that money can be invested in X Division or Tag Team star's instead from places like AAA or ROH but on the other hand if TNA were planning on bringing The Main Event Mafia back for February 3rd then doing it without Kevin Nash and Booker T doesn't really work. I know that Samoa Joe was also a part of the group towards the end but he didn't really fit and is now involved in probably the only good storyline in TNA against The Pope which TNA shouldn't just end so that Samoa Joe could join The Main Event Mafia.

This though yet again show's just how crazy TNA's booking team is because they are trying to push through a storyline without three people in Kevin Nash, Booker T and Sting without even being contracted to the company and in the knowledge that WWE are on great terms with Kevin Nash and Booker T whilst WWE would probably love to have Sting if only for a short time. Surely TNA's booking team should have held off on the storyline until they had agreed terms and re-signed the three men but now they have left themselves in limbo and shot themselves in the foot because the Impact tapings are tomorrow.

I guess this could be a great way for TNA to turn AJ Styles back to face and have him join The Main Event Mafia which would consist of Kurt Angle, Sting, Scott Steiner and AJ Styles up against Immortal but outside of that i just don't see where TNA can possibly go and if i'm honest i'm quite concerned because TNA don't pull great swerves or alternatives in their storylines because of a weak booking team. The whole point of this was surely to have the original Main Event Mafia return which would make complete sense seeing how Kevin Nash and Sting turned Immortal down and were against them going into Bound For Glory and then also Kurt Angle because he was screwed at the same PPV but now without Kevin Nash and Booker T it is a bot up in the air.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,917 Posts
As others keep saying TNA never mentioned MEM, how do we know if TNA even wanted Nash back (who cares about Booker T) we don't its all speculation, of course all the TNA haters jump in saying TNA are screwed when obviously TNA can create a new MEM like faction which will be better and younger .

· Registered
1,917 Posts
Credit: Lords of Pain.com

TNA officials have been scrambling to re-write this week's TV tapings and current storylines after negotiations with Booker T and Kevin Nash have fallen through. Spike TV officials are worried about the Main Event Mafia's return as it is them who requested that TNA officials bring the group back in the first place.

It looks to me as if TNA's booking team is so inept and clueless in their jobs that Spike TV are now having to help TNA out in storylines and idea's for things that will work on tv which is a complete joke if true. I said in a post a couple of weeks ago that Dixie Carter is destroying the company because she is completely clueless in running a wrestling company and 2011 could realistically be the last full year for TNA and if it has now come to the point where Spike TV are helping TNA out with storylines and idea's then they may not even last the year.

I don't really know just how big of a tv station Spike TV is but i am sure that they are not a HUGE channel and they may start to think to themselves is all this with TNA really worth the money when they are no having to help them with idea's for storylines because TNA's booking team is clueless. What i do remember though is that it was because of Sting that Spike TV picked up Impact and that Spike TV pay the majority of Sting's yearly salary and it may come to the point soon where they run out patience with TNA and end their association with the company when their contract ends although i am not sure when that is.

Thats funny the demise of TNA :lmao

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.