Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Credit: The Wrestling Observer

TNA is really screwed as of right now as they had plans in place for a Main Event Mafia return storyline. There is also a lesson to be learned here as you don't promote a major storyline and then worry about getting the guys for the angle signed to contracts at the last minute. Booker T and Kevin Nash had both been penciled in to be at the Monday TNA iMPACT! tapings to further the "They" storyline. This makes the Monday TV taping interesting as the only former Main Event Mafia member they can now bring in is Sting. They'll obviously need to figure something out this weekend

I'm kind of torn over this because i am quite happy to see Kevin Nash and Booker T staying off of tv TNA payroll as that money can be invested in X Division or Tag Team star's instead from places like AAA or ROH but on the other hand if TNA were planning on bringing The Main Event Mafia back for February 3rd then doing it without Kevin Nash and Booker T doesn't really work. I know that Samoa Joe was also a part of the group towards the end but he didn't really fit and is now involved in probably the only good storyline in TNA against The Pope which TNA shouldn't just end so that Samoa Joe could join The Main Event Mafia.

This though yet again show's just how crazy TNA's booking team is because they are trying to push through a storyline without three people in Kevin Nash, Booker T and Sting without even being contracted to the company and in the knowledge that WWE are on great terms with Kevin Nash and Booker T whilst WWE would probably love to have Sting if only for a short time. Surely TNA's booking team should have held off on the storyline until they had agreed terms and re-signed the three men but now they have left themselves in limbo and shot themselves in the foot because the Impact tapings are tomorrow.

I guess this could be a great way for TNA to turn AJ Styles back to face and have him join The Main Event Mafia which would consist of Kurt Angle, Sting, Scott Steiner and AJ Styles up against Immortal but outside of that i just don't see where TNA can possibly go and if i'm honest i'm quite concerned because TNA don't pull great swerves or alternatives in their storylines because of a weak booking team. The whole point of this was surely to have the original Main Event Mafia return which would make complete sense seeing how Kevin Nash and Sting turned Immortal down and were against them going into Bound For Glory and then also Kurt Angle because he was screwed at the same PPV but now without Kevin Nash and Booker T it is a bot up in the air.

·
Masonic!
1,547 Posts
Interesting. Maybe TNA will just drop it and hope we forget.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Was just about to make a thread about it.How stupid is Tna to promote a major storyline with wrestlers not even signed to their roster.The storyline line shouldn't of been promoted to they where signed .My god this is one of Tna's biggest misses ever.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
well they promoted paul heyman as their "big surprise" along with the ECW guys and kept the singing for the last minute aswell

let's not forget 2009 jenna morasca wrestling before even getting proper training

or Jwoww appearing for 2 segments without even asking their viewership if they liked jersey shore or not

that's one thing tna needs to change, and its not because of money or because someone else does it, its common sense, if you're a wrestling promotion you have to get things set up at least a few months before hyping them, even AAA managed to get deals to get hernandez and abyss before hyping them to their storylines

this is why you plan things in advance, to avoid bad moments and without giving your fans or any potential new viewer a dissapointment

·
The Dynasty
473 Posts
Hey, maybe this will inspire TNA to make the Main Event Mafia out of guys they want to portray as the stars of the company. Samoa Joe, Angle, Morgan, Anderson and some other younger stars.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
I don't really see the big deal in Booker, Nash and Sting. Maybe if Booker was motivated he would be a decent addition but the other two are stale and irrelevant, there is nothing Nash and Sting have to do in wrestling. Morgan, Crimson, Steiner and Angle have a great foundation as you got a perfect mix for a stable.

Morgan, a guy that has felt the breath of getting world title matches and is in line for a title this year, Crimson, a potentially good prospect in the future, Angle, the veteran that can pull of a good match and cut good promos and Scott Steiner for the epic lulz. Honestly I don't think I'll ever care about any other vets bar Angle, Flair and Steiner in TNA, I just don't see the appeal in any of them.

·
Masonic!
1,547 Posts
Well at least we won't have to have Nash & Booker, maybe we can get some newer guys.

Also, WWE is a TNA's retirment home if they go to WWE.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
well they promoted paul heyman as their "big surprise" along with the ECW guys and kept the singing for the last minute aswell

let's not forget 2009 jenna morasca wrestling before even getting proper training

or Jwoww appearing for 2 segments without even asking their viewership if they liked jersey shore or not

that's one thing tna needs to change, and its not because of money or because someone else does it, its common sense, if you're a wrestling promotion you have to get things set up at least a few months before hyping them, even AAA managed to get deals to get hernandez and abyss before hyping them to their storylines

this is why you plan things in advance, to avoid bad moments and without giving your fans or any potential new viewer a dissapointment
Dirt sheets promoted "Heyman in TNA". Not TNA.

Same thing happens here. TNA never said "Booker and Nash are coming back!".

Reactions: Chain Gang

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
In all fairness though, how do we know the Main Event Mafia was the intention? I mean yeah, Steiner came back, but really the MEM return conclusion is something that the net came too once the spoilers came back. For all we know, Steiner was just a red herring to make us think Mafia, but then they bring in a different group entirely.

And even if TNA did plan behind the scenes to bring The Mafia back, they never said on TV that "The Main Event Mafia is Coming Back!". They said "THEY" are coming, which is obviously vague enough to allow for a Plan B if Plan A doesn't pan out.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Maybe I'm one of the few who actually likes this news. This will be much more refreshing without Nash, Booker and hell maybe even Sting. Theres more than enough talent left to fill their void.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Errr.... Hold on, TNA did not promote that they were bringing the MEM back.

Don't really see the big deal here, no Booker T or Nash. I'd miss Nash on the mic but that's about it. I'm looking forward to Feb 3rd more now to see who TNA pull put their hat because I thought I knew exactly who I was going to see, now I don't.

·
Registered
203 Posts
TNA's clearly promoting a Main Event Mafia return.

Crimson's suit, Crimson being "made an offer he can't refuse", the return of Scott Steiner: it's all clearly a MEM push.

That being said, TNA has a strong MEM in place as is, all made up of former members (or almost members): Angle, Steiner, Morgan, & Joe with Crimson in tow. I wouldn't be surprised to see RVD added to the mix and maybe Red to work alongside Crimson.

All in all a solid faction with enough members (four) from the original stable to make it work.

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts
i think this could work out to be a great opportunity for TNA to mix some veterans with tna originals and crimson. Instead of Nash and Booker TNA could look at some tna originals they sent home and bring them back where they belong.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Interesting. Maybe TNA will just drop it and hope we forget.
No. Continue the angle with what you have. The leaders of the angle (Sting, Angle) are in place.

But stop promising people if they're not signed. If Nash calls looking for a job, hang up on his bitch ass.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
As others keep saying TNA never mentioned MEM, how do we know if TNA even wanted Nash back (who cares about Booker T) we don't its all speculation, of course all the TNA haters jump in saying TNA are screwed when obviously TNA can create a new MEM like faction which will be better and younger .

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Maybe I'm one of the few who actually likes this news. This will be much more refreshing without Nash, Booker and hell maybe even Sting. Theres more than enough talent left to fill their void.
i think this could work out to be a great opportunity for TNA to mix some veterans with tna originals and crimson. Instead of Nash and Booker TNA could look at some tna originals they sent home and bring them back where they belong.
I think you are missing what the whole point of The Main Event Mafia was about as they were all veterans who had been World champion's in the past and were not giving their spot's up but now people are talking about people who are not even main event wrestler's let alone former World champions and which goes against everything the group were about in the first place. If they are going to start giving spot's in the group to younger wrestler's who have either been buried in the last year or not yet established then they might as well be called The Mid Card Mafia.

I am not saying that i was overly looking forward to Kevin Nash and Booker T coming back to join the group because i don't particularly want the group back at all but if they bring back the stable then you have to have the original stable or at least the majority of it. Can you imagine if WWE would have brought in The New World Order with Hogan, Scott Norton and Buff Bagwell rather than what they did bring back and think how their next incarnation of that group in WWE was, then think about how The Four Horsemen were with Steve McMichael, Chris Benoit and Jeff Jarrett which never worked either.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts