Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so, could I get it? Going to Universal Orlando in a few months.

·
Banned
2,408 Posts
It's not out yet, but I'd expect it to be out in the next few weeks.
Knowing TNA, expect every single PPV in there.
This assumes they actually renew the contract.

Of course, TNA will probably do so (and never leave the godawful Impact Zone). Dixie and Hogan loves their cast members so they can live in their fantasyland where everything they do is right.

OTOH, Universal Studios is a subsidiary of NBC/Universal. Guess who happens to air on some of NBC/Universal's cable networks.
Not to mention, soon-to-be new owners Comcast may have other plans for the lot.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
This assumes they actually renew the contract.

Of course, TNA will probably do so (and never leave the godawful Impact Zone). Dixie and Hogan loves their cast members so they can live in their fantasyland where everything they do is right.

OTOH, Universal Studios is a subsidiary of NBC/Universal. Guess who happens to air on some of NBC/Universal's cable networks.
Not to mention, soon-to-be new owners Comcast may have other plans for the lot.
no dixies is smart if u can save money then do so there no rush for tna to leave impact zone if there not set yet money wise

·
Squared Circle Gimmick
5,371 Posts
no dixies is smart if can save money then do so there no rush for tna to leave impact zone if there not set yet money wise
True, but on the flip side on that... All PPVs should be out of the Impact Zone.

Although, the current product needs to change to sell tickets.

I love TNA, but the thing they fail to realize is new talent > old/established talent.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
MovieStarR™;9020617 said:
True, but on the flip side on that... All PPVs should be out of the Impact Zone.

Although, the current product needs to change to sell tickets.

I love TNA, but the thing they fail to realize is new talent > old/established talent.
i agree all ppv should be on the road and in smaller venues so they can sellout

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I think it is more important to have the weekly show on the road. 1.2 to 1.9 million people watch iMPACT every week. Maybe 20,000 watch the PPV.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
2 PPVs outside wasn't great, especially that BFG was 1 hour away from Orlando, which was sad considering that they just wanted to rehash Bash at the Beach 1996. Slammiversary, considered as one of TNA's "Big PPVs", was stuck inside the Impact Zone with the cast members and the wheelchair ramp. At least have 6 PPVs this time, even cut the PPV schedule to allow every PPV to be outside.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
But Free PPV'S = More reason to go to Universal Orlando
They usually have to turn down a few hundred when they're doing PPVs there, but there was reportedly a lot for Hardcore Justice, which means that they could have used a better place for that show, not Orlando. At least they killed the ramp for that PPV though.

·
Registered
894 Posts
2 PPVs outside wasn't great, especially that BFG was 1 hour away from Orlando, which was sad considering that they just wanted to rehash Bash at the Beach 1996. Slammiversary, considered as one of TNA's "Big PPVs", was stuck inside the Impact Zone with the cast members and the wheelchair ramp. At least have 6 PPVs this time, even cut the PPV schedule to allow every PPV to be outside.
well to be fair to TNA, attendances have not been good this year so they had no other choice. In fact, ever since the global financial crisis aka recession of 2008, less and less people are attending TNA shows and buying PPV's.

It's a sad fact, not that TNA would do much better now than they did in 2008 attendance wise though. I seriously think TNA should look at the 6 or 7 PPV per year possibility, considering that most buy rates are very low.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts