Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that they often bring in football players and bodybuilders and try to turn them into WWE wrestlers. I also know that the areal top rope stuff is popular and that cruiserweights are a thing.

Have they ever tried to sign people from Cirque du Soleil and turn them into high flier wrestlers? Can you imagine somebody doing moves THAT crazy and acrobatic in the ring? It would totally throw realism out the window, but it would be a lot of fun I think.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
There are many that come from a gymnastics background but I dont think there has ever been a true elite gymnast in the wwe. Would be cool to see an olympic level gymnast in the wwe

·
All out of bubblegum.
5,301 Posts
With the way they recruit now it'll only be a matter of time before someone with an acrobatic background gets signed.

It's insane that a guy like Neville does this things he does without that background TBH.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
There's a bunch of people with background in gymnastics doing wrestling. The reason you don't see any elite acrobats there is because why the fuck would they go into wrestling? If I'm a great gymnast, I'm gonna do, y'know, gymnastics.

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's a bunch of people with background in gymnastics doing wrestling. The reason you don't see any elite acrobats there is because why the fuck would they go into wrestling? If I'm a great gymnast, I'm gonna do, y'know, gymnastics.
But how much money is there in gymnastics? Could they not make more in WWE?

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
But how much money is there in gymnastics? Could they not make more in WWE?
It's not just about the money. Take a top-level gymnast, do you think they'd ever make a conscious decision to stop striving towards that Olympic gold medal for a chance to be at WrestleMania? Of course not. When wrestling was mainstream, they wouldn't have made it anyway because it wasn't about acrobatics. Now, wrestling is nowhere near mainstream enough.

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,499 Posts
This is going way back but Antonino Rocca was an acrobat, rugby and soccer player who was the McMahons' first mega star during the 1950s and 1960s.

·
I clearly felt the tap
4,488 Posts
Pretty much the exact opposite direction of where WWE should be trying to head these days. There's enough "great athletes". Let's see some characters.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts