Wrestling Forum banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
I am probably the biggest Bret fan on this forum, but the truth is that Bret never transcended the wrestling business. He just happens to be the best in ring performer. Something about him made people have a connection with him. I remember in the 90s, I witnessed his popularity in the Middle East, Europe (UK, Germany, Italy) and I was astounded. I knew he was popular in Canada but having such a vast following in such places was out of the ordinary.

It is possible to have objectivity even if one hasn't witnessed the era. I am not a fan of Flair and think he's very overrated in the ring. But he is a proven draw. Easily top 10 in history.
Neither of the 3 transcended the business but Bret did the best job at holding the fort until a new start came along

·
Molly Mayhem on your doorstep at 3am
801 Posts
Undertaker pretty much surpassed everyone with last night's godly masterpiece. He revolutionized the business. Everyone on Twitter was talking about it. He's gonna make wrestling mainstream again. Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels and the44boz can suck a donkey dick dipped in oil.

·
Registered
911 Posts
HBK saved the WWF, had it not for him the WWF would have gone out of business from the nWo and had he be in Brett's place in 92 to 96, WWF would be in a much better place financially.

Even you would have to agree that HBK's 96 face run would be received much better than 92 to 95 face Bret within the Context of their times, that's not even a debate.
Austin saved the WWF and he along with the Rock propelled it. HBK left in 97 and the business was just starting to pick up thanks to Austin.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Undertaker pretty much surpassed everyone with last night's godly masterpiece. He revolutionized the business. Everyone on Twitter was talking about it. He's gonna make wrestling mainstream again. Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels and the44boz can suck a donkey dick dipped in oil.
To be compared in the same sentence as 2 legends I thank you.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
51,945 Posts
the business had been mainstream for the past 30 years. Even over the last 15 years the WWE tries to put their talent out there in some form outside of wrestling.
Yeah, that's not what people are referring to, though. They mean legitimately mainstream because of the product and stars like the Hogan era and the AE.

121 - 131 of 131 Posts