Wrestling Forum banner

Have eric bischoff/Hulk hogan been worth it?

3209 Views 36 Replies 30 Participants Last post by  Subject XII
I see alot of people on here hating Bischoff/Hogan , however i dont think the two should be put in the same boat. Alot of people are hating on bischoff just as much as they are on hogan, this shouldnt be the case;

Eric Bischoff has worked his ass off, backstage (production wise,reaction etc;) and onstage, barely missing any impacts/shows and being heavily involved in storylines and cutting some of the best promos.

where as,

Hulk Hogan, has been away from impact more then he has been on it. Yes he brought some name recognition to TNA, however he is constantly away and he is getting an easy paycheck, never attending TNA shows, and he is probably being paid much more then bischoff is, and bischoff is the one constantly traveling to orlando and being involved.

I dont see why people want bischoff gone from TNA, Hulk Hogan i really see why, as he hasnt really done anything for TNA, but bischoff should be resigned.
Reactions: Chismo
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,061 Posts
I see alot of people on here hating Bischoff/Hogan , however i dont think the two should be put in the same boat. Alot of people are hating on bischoff just as much as they are on hogan, this shouldnt be the case;

Eric Bischoff has worked his ass off, backstage (production wise,reaction etc;) and onstage, barely missing any impacts/shows and being heavily involved in storylines and cutting some of the best promos.

where as,

Hulk Hogan, has been away from impact more then he has been on it. Yes he brought some name recognition to TNA, however he is constantly away and he is getting an easy paycheck, never attending TNA shows, and he is probably being paid much more then bischoff is, and bischoff is the one constantly traveling to orlando and being involved.

I dont see why people want bischoff gone from TNA, Hulk Hogan i really see why, as he hasnt really done anything for TNA, but bischoff should be resigned.
Since we're in agreement on Hogan (waste of time and money) I'll focus on Bischoff. Production wise, unless there's been a big improvement since Turning Point (when I gave up on TNA) then I'd say no, up until then they were still plagued by most of the same issues.

Reaction wasn't broadcast on the same channel as Impact in the UK (in fact, I'm not sure it was broadcast at all) which ruined several week's broadcasts due to them ending Impact main-events on the show (unforgivable since it was a taped show).

As for him beong on-stage, I don't WANT him there, the on-screen authority figure, particularly the heel one, is something that needs to go, they take focus away from where it belongs, the wrestlers.

· Registered
828 Posts
Given that they signed both to big deals and the company is still in the same shape it was before, no

You'd never be able to get rid of one and not the other given they're attached at the hip (or, more accurately, Bischoff is attached to Hogan's hip like a leech)....

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,061 Posts
Things take time.. WCW didn't peak the first year Hogan was there either but ratings are up so maybe 2011 might be a good year for TNA.
That's true, it did take a while for Hogan to have an effect. Maybe when he turns heel and forms a new version of the NWO ... oh wait :rolleyes:

· Registered
13 Posts
Considering the size of the deals that they got, no they weren't worth it. I'd love to see Bischoff stay off of TV and do more production stuff. As for Hogan, I think the business has past him by, and he needs to go away

· Registered
3,860 Posts
To be honest, Bischoff has done more than Hogan, even though some notable production changes are gone. Remember when they actually showed the matches without any interruptions by breaks? A lot more in production needs to be ironed out, messy camer awork included. If anything, all he is nowadays is a TV personality, and heel too.

Hogan, on the other hand, things really haven't worked out on his side. The back problems he has have got worse and it has been months since he has been gone, where his "TV time" would get eaten up by boring Bischoff segments. I'm dreading what they're going to do when he returns. They should just finish up early at Lockdown.

Do we need them? Of course not. Bischoff has his production company, which is getting a lot more work now. Hogan can go back to those silly reality TV shows.

· Registered
3,249 Posts
Personally I feel Bischoff could still be a game changer but unfortunately he doesn't really have the power to affect any real change.

He's more or less a consultant and on air talent.

If Eric wanted the power or could get the power he could have an "impact" in my opinion but either he doesn't want it (as he has alot of other things going on with his production company) or Dixie is unwilling to give the power to him.

· Banned
4,205 Posts
To be fair, the live crowds on the road do seem to be up a fair bit since they joined. Production values are far better too.

Hogan can leave anytime he wants though as far as Im concerned, waste of money.

The problem has been the quality of the product, if TNA can keep up the quality of Impact like this thursday, then the ratings will keep going up.

Simple really.

· Registered
2,588 Posts
Not sure really. Onscreen I think both have something to offer, but they've appeared on television too much to make it effective. Hulk certainly isn't worth high salary anymore.

Certain areas of production improved after they came in, which is probably because of Eric. Yet I'm amazed we saw so much Russo esque overkill in 2010, what with Bischoff having some creative input. I'm talking about Abyss attacking RVD, the hit & run, and countless heel turns. Under Bischoff WCW was serious and realistic, apart from a few crappy angles involving the Dungeon of Doom and the hummer angle.

· Registered
2,588 Posts
Bischoff doesn't even have any creative input, he said it in a podcast. He just lets Vince Russo and Matt Conway get on with it, praises them if TNA does a great rating and stays away if a bad rating gets posted.
Wow, if that's the case then Russo is even worse than I thought! I was blaming a lot of the crap last year on the old "too many cooks" saying.

No way should the guy be head booker. Writer maybe, with a good booker or two to override the crap. But then TNA could find better, more relevant writers out there.

· Registered
9,930 Posts
Bishoff is doing a great job on screen, on the production level and I'm sure he has a word to say in creative. Hogan will be back and will help the company to maybe gain even more viewers. I don't have any problems with any of those men. AJ Styles, Kaz, Beer Money, Motor City Mchine Guns, Matt Morgan, Jeff Hardy...they are more interesting right now IN MY OPINION, that they ever were in their careers. I'm sure Bischoff contributed to that.

· Natasha Yi. WHAT A BABE.
9,001 Posts
Not directly, but with their help, they have bought Jeff Hardy, Mr. Anderson, Van Dam, Ric Flair amongst others. The problem is, you can't have one without the other. Bischoff may have helped iMPACT! production wise, but he's such a Hogan mark that if ol' Terry isn't re-signed, Bisch will probably go too.

· Registered
3 Posts
We haven't seen nothing from Hogan because of his back issues, if he recovers and gets back onscreen he will help attracting more viewers, and the fact that he just can't wrestle anymore is something that doesn't help, there is almost nothing he can bring if he doesn't wrestle.

· Registered
2,827 Posts
Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff, Vince Russo and Matt Conway should not be in TNA come 2012
The problem is who do you want to replace them? There isn't exactly a pipeline of fresh wrestling bookers ready to go. If heyman is no longer an option, where do you turn? Go back to cornette? Kevin sullivan? No thanks. Maybe try to snag dave lagana, i don't know.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.