Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was just browsing at the local gamestation (gamespot to american peeps), as I always do. And ended up buying 6 x-box 360 games.

Just wondered if any of them were rotten or good. And get your opinions on them (theyre going back if theyre naff :p).

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
Super Street Fighter IV
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Bayonetta
Batman Arkham Asylum

and was going for The Godfather but the disc was cracked in the middle so went tor Def Jam:Icon instead.

Brought the whole lot for about £60.

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
Having played Batman AA & Bayonetta i can say you'll most certainly love Batman,however the best i can say for Bayonetta is if you love the Devil May Cry series,then prepare to fall in love again,because it's basically DMC-Lite with it's awesome couple of awesome touches. As for Super Street Fighter IV i'm trying to buy it myself,but i've heard great things,and as a fan of the Def Jam fighting games they're pretty entertaining haven't played Icon yet though.GTA is always a win.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Arkham Asylum is awesome, and if you like Street Fighter, then Super IV will be right up your street. For the price you paid though, I'd say it'd be well worth trying them all. Someone on every forum is always going to say something sucks; that doesn't mean you couldn't end up loving it.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
Going off playing them (demos and all)

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
Never played, but own GTA 4 and enjoyed it. Still haven't finished it, but to be fair, only GTA game I have finished is San Andreas and it took ages (as in years).

Super Street Fighter IV
Played it and didn't like it. Can see how it appeals to people, so I won't say it's bad.

Tomb Raider: Underworld
Played the demo and thought meh.

Bayonetta
Played the PS3 version and own it, but haaven't really played it. Loved the demo version, and while the 360 version does feel better, I chose PS3 just because I prefer having most of my games on it due to me liking my PS3 more. Can get old, but not a bad game imo.

Batman Arkham Asylum
Took me the longest while to get into, because I hate Batman's character and voice. Sometimes the voice acting is meh despite Joker, who's great (the guy who voiced him in the animated series is back), and once I got into the game, it was a really enjoyable playthrough. You'll enjoy it if you're into action adventure games with a dark atmosphere.

Def Jam: Icon
Loved Fight For New York, and this doesn't really compare. I may get it now seeing how it's cheap just as I'm into the music and all that crap

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Batman may take some getting used to, as I' not a BAtman fan.

GTA is awesome as is all of them (IMO).

BAyonetta I see myself thinking ill like it again and again, seems fun.

Ain't tried the otheres yet... If Icon isnt anything like the old ones I will not be amused by the Def Jam crew. Many a day I dust off my old X-Box and play Def Jam.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
Icon is really slow. Apparently the story is good or worth caring about (even if it's supposedly short), but the gameplay is slow and there's no blazin' moves.

I wasn't that big a Batman fan either. I think you'll get over that and enjoy the game though.

I really need to start Bayonetta again lol

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well Ive played Def Jam and all I can say is WOW.... I was utterly disappointed. Not only is it slow, but no where near as great as Fight for NY. Which to me is one of my fave games ever.

SSF4 is fun, first SS I've played since Street Fighter 2 (i think?) on the Megadrive, so nice lil nostalgia trip playin as Chun Li and Honda and VEga.

·
✔
21,670 Posts
Batman may take some getting used to, as I' not a BAtman fan.

GTA is awesome as is all of them (IMO).

BAyonetta I see myself thinking ill like it again and again, seems fun.

Ain't tried the otheres yet... If Icon isnt anything like the old ones I will not be amused by the Def Jam crew. Many a day I dust off my old X-Box and play Def Jam.
Neither am I, I'm not a Batman fan at all. It's really easy to grasp the story however.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts