Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bare in mind that a lot of you don't like my banners. Out of all the banners I have posted for comments, not one person has said something positive.

So I went away and Downloaded some new fonts, and put them on my computer (it doesn't have a connection to the net) so I am chopping and changing between computers when making banners.

Anyway I tried a couple of banners for people, and they liked them, I've decided to post them here for comments.

1) I found some decent pics of Evolution so I tried this out

2) I'm a big Taker Fan, and this might go in my sig.

3) Kdog gave me 720 points for this one.

4) I am most pround of this one

5) lastly, something I did out of sheer boredom at 4am this morning

Hopefully you'll like some of these!

·
version 2.0
5,045 Posts
I noticed that you use the same cut twice in alot of your banners. I'd reccomend not doing that.

And you should try and make some backgrounds and at least blend them with the premades...

Raw banner isn't bad either.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OlympicZero said:
Raw banner isn't bad either.
Is...that...a...COMPLIMENT????

Seriously though, I still don't know how to make my own BG's, so I mostly used pre-made ones.

·
version 2.0
5,045 Posts
you have Paintshop Pro right?

If so, just take a premade and add filters to it, like kaleidoscope and fur, etc.

Photoshop:
Just make clouds or something and add different effects then blend that on a premade.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How the hell do you get rid of the fuzz? I've noticed it before. When I save them, they are fine. But when I upload them onto Image station they fuzz up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I actually wouldnt suggest blending your own bg with a premade as it is still frowned upon. Try blending your own bg's with stocks or something.

As for the banners... don't take much to put a couple cuts and some text onto a premade bg...

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fuck off you Goat-Thumper. I dont give a toss what you think, as so do most fo the other banner makers out there, so go and whine to them like a little bitch!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mark Williams said in post #10 :
Fuck off you Goat-Thumper. I dont give a toss what you think, as so do most fo the other banner makers out there, so go and whine to them like a little bitch!
whatever. when it comes to the end of the day. You are a n00b and I am not so I know what I am talking about. I'm sure that GOOD graphic designers would agree that it dont take much to put some cuts and text on a premade background.

If you can't take critisism, maybe you should quit graphics in general and not take it out on those who can help you out brother.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm sorry? Did you actually offer me any help? No? That's right you didn't. Until I LEARN how to make BG's from people I, and a lot of others use premades, cos that's what there for.

Any way, I made the BG in my sig, so it's a start.

·
Registered
25 Posts
First of all, I think u have something for goats. second, It I was helpin u by tellin u that u shouldn't just slap cuts and text on a bg. Third! of all... Your sig don't even work, it says 'Sorry... You are trying to access an image from outside imagestation'

Dont fuckin cry at me because I dont actually care what you say. When it comes to the end of the day, I know a lot more about graphics then you and you should respect people like me otherwise you will be shit your whole life.

Oh and I believe I told you it is not a good Idea to blend your own bg with a premade either. to me that sounds like help.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I didn't cut them so it ain't my problem

·
Registered
31 Posts
Its your problem because you used them..and learn how to take criticism without whining and crying like a baby. Swank is right, its not hard at all to slap some cuts and text on a premade. I know you are a gfx n00b, but when an experienced gfx maker gives you advice, you shouldnt freak out like a little kid. Now go sit in the corner.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
No offense to Swank, but DAMN you sounded cocky. Just so you know Adam, I think Imagestation fucks up pics when you upload them. Use Angelfire or 81x. I think for your 1st couple of banners, pre-mades are ok, aslong as you don't pass them off as your own. We all had to start somewhere.

·
Registered
25 Posts
:-/ I started with my own bg's and I never used premades.

+ I dont think that sounded cocky at all. It's the truth. You can't get good at graphics if people are telling you that your work is great when it really isn't?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts