Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For someone who is feuding with the WWE champion two months in a row, defeating top stars, getting the opening and ending segments and more camera time than anyone.

Has he had a single good match or even one that was memorable?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
He's pretty awful skill wise. Bragging Rights was just pathetic I mean I can't remember a more basic main event. The sad part is guys like Cena and Orton can't make him look good because they only have 6 moves themselves.

Wade is great on the mic and very entertaining. But I won't be ordering any ppv's to see him in main event matches that's for sure.

The standard is so low among the main eventers that I guess he just fits right in. They can cover it up by having a lot of passion and a more physical style with brawling and outside the ring work but they don't seem to want to go that direction anymore. I guess if there's one thing I want in my main events it's passion and at Bragging Rights I saw none of it. Just a puppy dog looking Cena standing there.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
barrett vs cena was entertaining besides that not great but not horrible. He doesn't do something that will make you say remember when wade did that thing in that match.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I think his match with John Cena in Hell in a Cell was pretty good. And his triple threat match in NXT Season Finale was actually very good.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
9,500 Posts
He needs a strong opponent to look good, he's really not up to much on his own. His strength definately isn't ring work.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
he's passable in the ring and is awesome in every other area so im not fussed

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
TBH, I can't remember ANYTHING about the Barrett vs. Orton, and it's only been 24 hours. All I can remember is John Cena standing there.

But he's average in the ring, just like The Miz and Sheamus. In other words, he'll fit right in the main-event.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Wade Barrett Vs. Cena @ Hell in a cell , he showed incredible variety and prowess in the ring

They don't give him like... any matches at all on TV RAW so I could see how someone could think he sucks in ring , I thought so before HIAC

·
Registered
889 Posts
I thought his match with Cena at Hell In A Cell was great, probably one of my favourite matches this year. It was really well booked and both guys played their roles very well.

His match at Bragging Rights was pretty bad, but I think that it would be very unfair to put all the blame on Wade for that - look who he was in there with. When was the last time Orton had a really good, one on one, PPV quality match without Cena, Hunter or HBK in there with him?

·
Registered
70 Posts
For someone who is feuding with the WWE champion two months in a row, defeating top stars, getting the opening and ending segments and more camera time than anyone.

Has he had a single good match or even one that was memorable?
No, he should just stick color commentating like he did in FCW! He could replace Cole! Pull a Striker on us Barrett!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wade Barrett Vs. Cena @ Hell in a cell , he showed incredible variety and prowess in the ring

They don't give him like... any matches at all on TV RAW so I could see how someone could think he sucks in ring , I thought so before HIAC
I never thought I would say this but.. Cena carried him in that match.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
You can say that all you want but that doesn't change the fact that he did a wide variety of manuevers , he did everything from some odd kind of spin kick , to an elbow drop , to some angle-slam esque looking slam , etc. The guy knows how to do stuff

·
Registered
70 Posts
You can say that all you want but that doesn't change the fact that he did a wide variety of manuevers , he did everything from some odd kind of spin kick , to an elbow drop , to some angle-slam esque looking slam , etc. The guy knows how to do stuff
Him being carried in a match, doesn't make it a bad match or him a bad wrestler.

Like Cena's match with HBK. People say Cena was carried, but it was still a good match and Cena even pulled out a few good moves.

·
My name is 905 and I've just become alive
5,103 Posts
I enjoyed his match with Cena. I remember a triple threat in FCW with him Gabriel and I forget who else...I think it may have been Riley. Anyway I recall enjoying that match. Yeah, I like Barrett, but he hasn't had many memorable matches.

·
The Man
15,248 Posts
Nope, although his match at HIAC vs Cena was pretty entertaining. He's kind of like Seamus in that most of their matches bore the hell out of me, with only one or two exceptions. Except Barrett is much better at cutting promos.

But who knows; most of his matches have been tags and whatnot; he hasn't exactly had many one on one matches that were given a good amount of time.

·
Registered
234 Posts
You guys serious? his match with Cena a HIAC was brilliant. I don't blame him against Orton though cause Orton is just plain boring in the ring these days no matter who he faces.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
this is why i don't see barrett wining the title and if he does, it will be for just a matter of minutes. they want to push barrett to the moon, which is fine, i like the new guys getting pushed and new stars being made. maybe he'll continue to compete with the top guys, but not really have a title reign yet. they feel he's almost title material, but just needs more work. as for him having good/bad matches. i think he's fine. but i think maybe the wwe wants to test him and see if he can hang with the big boys a little bit longer.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Yeah, he had a very good one with Cena. There's no doubt that Cena had something to do with that, the guy was able to carry both Lashley and Khali to their best matches but he still looked good and he'll only improve by working with the main eventers.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I thought his match with Cena at Hell In A Cell was great, probably one of my favourite matches this year. It was really well booked and both guys played their roles very well.

His match at Bragging Rights was pretty bad, but I think that it would be very unfair to put all the blame on Wade for that - look who he was in there with. When was the last time Orton had a really good, one on one, PPV quality match without Cena, Hunter or HBK in there with him?
100% agreed

1 - 20 of 38 Posts