Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has TNA turned a corner?

This time 4 weeks ago I was going to write how piss poor TNA is. As Long time fan who gave up 15 months ago, I tuned out after the Hogan and Bish show. I kept uptodate with spoilers and news reports, all it seemed to be was negative feedback and guys wanting to jump ship. When I heard Shelly had left along with a possible Matt Morgan and Sabin exit I decided to tune in about a month ago to see how low TNA had come, it only lasted 10 min. Hogan had just come out to be revealed as the new GM of Impact WTF, im all for suspending belief however this was a typical TNA turn STUPID.

However I decided to watch the last PPV, although it had a mixed card on paper I rather enjoyed the PPV, ( the ending of the Main event aside and the womens match) its rare in the past 3 years TNA has managed to put on a good PPV unlike 2004-2008 normally there was at least 4 matched that were of 4 star quality. This lead me to watch Impact.

This was the first show in years where Hogan was used to a positive useful effect, Aries was made to look a real Star, James Storm is as over as Joe was in his prime, joe maybe being given direction, Abyss/Parks story that’s interesting. TV title given credit. Storylines progression, not a rushed show where it was 100 miles an hour. I had no real negatives in for this show.

Leading to ask have they turned a corner??? The past 6 months has been some of the worse in TNA according to reports, feedback and reviews. Losing some homegrown TNA talent was poor by TNA however there are people they can build on and make it fresh.

I am unsure on this gutcheck and open fight night idea, but I will give it time.

I Plan to watch for the next 3 weeks to see if this was a one off or they will be back to there normal self.

My hopes to build on:

- TNA rebuild the tag team after BFG maybe looking to bring in a new tag team ( not from wwe)
- RVD is allowed to leave TNA, worthless.
- Womens tag titles are slowly allowed to be removed from TNA
- Impact go live every week or at least 2/4
- TNA build Aries up to be the next big thing in TNA
- Joe gets an X division or TV title run
- Ione is on TV more.
- The stop using the asylum match
- Doug Williams make a comeback
- Sting leaves after BFG

·
Registered
858 Posts
Turned a corner? Things have been pretty good since the BFG series last year. There have been some stupid things, the most glaring being Garrett Bischoff. However there have been far far better things to outweigh this such as: Roode, Storm, Aries, Open Fight Night, and interesting angles and new directions for very stale wrestlers (joe, abyss, bully).

Whatever reports you have read, have they EVER said anything good about TNA?

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

I have been a fan of TNA for years and when I started watching I loved it, the fact the x DIVISON offered something different, the womens Matches were amazing and the best iv ever seen in US wrestling, the Tag area was bloody amazing with so many great teams.

The talent was mainly ROH or TNA. Then it tried to compete with WWE and it went downhill.

I Went to the first TNA show in London 4 years ago, and it was the best wrestling show I had been to for fans, and I have been to Wrestlmania, WCW and Impact zone, plus A ROH show. I went 2 years ago, and it was one of the worse shows id seen. At that’s stage I stopped.

The last 18 has not been good in TNA IMO. Here is a few reason why.

- Hogan being on Impact every week talking shit blah
- Bishoff vs Hogan Feud, including Little Garret
- Jeff Hardy vs Sting at the PPV
- Womens division piss poor ( rebuilding now)
- Tag division being murdered
- Kennedy being on TV and RVD

This is just a few things, in fact since Hogan has come to TNA its been pretty poor most weeks, Moving to Monday nights, Nasty boys in TNA, Orlando Jordan, fortune feuds.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Eugh, Zema Ion more on tv? Really dude? And that Steel Asylum match was done like 2 years ago, last time too..

·
Registered
320 Posts
This post is really dumb. You mention things that are pretty old and have more to do with Russo booking than Hogan and Bichoff. Things in TNA have been going really well for several months now. You've apparently not been watching, like you said, and have missed out. Sucks for you. Your real problem is that you state things that YOU personally don't like about it and then say that's backed up by "feedback, reviews, reports" and whatever BS you want to come up with. Just admit you made this post to try and save a little face for all the TNA bashing you've been doing while the product has been getting better and better and I'd have more respect for you.

"The past 6 months has been some of the worse in TNA according to reports, feedback and reviews." - No.

"As Long time fan who gave up 15 months ago, I tuned out after the Hogan and Bish show. I kept uptodate with spoilers and news reports, all it seemed to be was negative feedback and guys wanting to jump ship." - Everything you say after that is invalid since you haven't been watching. Just an amazing post since you've only, self admittedly, seen one or two shows lately. Your limited knowledge is based off other people's opinion from what you say. I'm not even sure how you can call yourself a fan anymore really. Just bizarre.

·
Registered
160 Posts
As with every single person who has bashed TNA for the last year, it begins with 'I read spoilers'.

If you don't watch the show your opinion is irrelevant.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not a fan!! its been good for 6 months???

Really? well seems i have missed out a lot then, i mist have missed the Fact that eric young is womens tag champion! i must have missed the fact that Garret Bishoff has been on TV and bored the pants of me and everyone else. i must have missed the ever wooden crimson unbeaten run, only to be beat at the PPV with no mention on Impact, i must have missed the electric matched of Mr Asshole. lets not kid ourself. Hogan being on TV each week spilling shit then figting dixie for tan THEN being made GM.

i have not posted on this site in months so where the whole Constant TNA bashing has come from I'm unsure!!!

TNA seems to have turned the corner as i said, however there still is lots wrong with it Brook Hogan being one.

it may have been good in some eyes for past 6 months and agreed not been watching each week as when ever i turned on it was Hogan, Garret or Jeff Hardy.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Please watch the show first and bash them later, that's all.

I gave the IWC 3 days to turn against TNA, it's like their dirty pleasure.

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
Has TNA turned a corner?

This time 4 weeks ago I was going to write how piss poor TNA is. As Long time fan who gave up 15 months ago, I tuned out after the Hogan and Bish show. I kept uptodate with spoilers and news reports, all it seemed to be was negative feedback and guys wanting to jump ship. When I heard Shelly had left along with a possible Matt Morgan and Sabin exit I decided to tune in about a month ago to see how low TNA had come, it only lasted 10 min. Hogan had just come out to be revealed as the new GM of Impact WTF, im all for suspending belief however this was a typical TNA turn STUPID.

However I decided to watch the last PPV, although it had a mixed card on paper I rather enjoyed the PPV, ( the ending of the Main event aside and the womens match) its rare in the past 3 years TNA has managed to put on a good PPV unlike 2004-2008 normally there was at least 4 matched that were of 4 star quality. This lead me to watch Impact.

This was the first show in years where Hogan was used to a positive useful effect, Aries was made to look a real Star, James Storm is as over as Joe was in his prime, joe maybe being given direction, Abyss/Parks story that’s interesting. TV title given credit. Storylines progression, not a rushed show where it was 100 miles an hour. I had no real negatives in for this show.

Leading to ask have they turned a corner??? The past 6 months has been some of the worse in TNA according to reports, feedback and reviews. Losing some homegrown TNA talent was poor by TNA however there are people they can build on and make it fresh.

I am unsure on this gutcheck and open fight night idea, but I will give it time.

I Plan to watch for the next 3 weeks to see if this was a one off or they will be back to there normal self.

My hopes to build on:

- TNA rebuild the tag team after BFG maybe looking to bring in a new tag team ( not from wwe)
- RVD is allowed to leave TNA, worthless.
- Womens tag titles are slowly allowed to be removed from TNA
- Impact go live every week or at least 2/4
- TNA build Aries up to be the next big thing in TNA
- Joe gets an X division or TV title run
- Ione is on TV more.
- The stop using the asylum match
- Doug Williams make a comeback
- Sting leaves after BFG
The fuck you talking about?

TNA wasnt 'piss poor' 4 weeks ago, it was the same as it is now, and its been like this for pretty much all of 2012.

I dont know why people are making this out to only be a recent thing when its been like this for 6 months now. The past 6 months have been the 'worst in TNA history'!?

WTF?

Have you even been watching the past 6 months or are you basing all your nonsense complaints off dirtsheets and biased reports?

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
Not a fan!! its been good for 6 months???

Really? well seems i have missed out a lot then, i mist have missed the Fact that eric young is womens tag champion! i must have missed the fact that Garret Bishoff has been on TV and bored the pants of me and everyone else. i must have missed the ever wooden crimson unbeaten run, only to be beat at the PPV with no mention on Impact, i must have missed the electric matched of Mr Asshole. lets not kid ourself. Hogan being on TV each week spilling shit then figting dixie for tan THEN being made GM.

i have not posted on this site in months so where the whole Constant TNA bashing has come from I'm unsure!!!

TNA seems to have turned the corner as i said, however there still is lots wrong with it Brook Hogan being one.

it may have been good in some eyes for past 6 months and agreed not been watching each week as when ever i turned on it was Hogan, Garret or Jeff Hardy.
In the past 6 months Garrett has barely been on TV, Hogan has been off screen for months and then GM, and Hardy has been nowhere near the world title, and the whole show has been centred around Roode and Storm.

So what are you on about? You are talking rubbish mate.

It couldn't be more obvious that you have not been watching regularly in 2012, because its been by far the best stuff TNA has put out, perhaps ever, and most on here would agree with that. To say the past 6 months have been even close to the worst in its history is laughable.

How much screen time does Brooke Hogan actually get!? She is there simply to promote the show.

You are nitpicking.

Ridiculous.

·
Finally...
5,933 Posts
In bold is what you said and whats not is what I'm saying

-TNA rebuild the tag team after BFG maybe looking to bring in a new tag team ( not from wwe) I can agree with this
- RVD is allowed to leave TNA, worthless. I dont really mind him your opinion
- Womens tag titles are slowly allowed to be removed from TNA Yea I agree
- Impact go live every week or at least 2/4 Well if the ratings are good for the rest of the summer I cant why the wouldnt
- TNA build Aries up to be the next big thing in TNA Seems like there in the processor of doing this with him having to decide between the Main Event and the X divison Title
- Joe gets an X division or TV title run Have no real opinion on this
- Ione is on TV more. your opinion
- The stop using the asylum match Umm I cant remember the last time the had an asylum match
- Doug Williams make a comeback Agreed I'm a fan of Doug myself
- Sting leaves after BFG Your Opinion...Its not gonna happen with him beening inducted into the Hall of Fame now

·
Bless thou Impact!
16 Posts
Let's be honest, if Slammiversary was anybody's first PPV then they will be hooked to TNA. Now that they are live they now they have to step it up and I am so happy that they are stepping it up.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
They are definitely a LOT better than the last two years. Still prefer the WWE because of the wrestlers, but TNA is definitely fun watching and there's a lot of things they do better than the WWE.

·
Registered
972 Posts
it's been really good for a while now and all that was lacking in my opinion were decent ppvs but slammiversary was easily the best of the year so far and just hope they can plan a few more outside the impact zone and give tna that big company feel

·
Registered
399 Posts
We will have to wait till the end of the summer to see if they re*lly have. They have had a few very good weeks but now they have to keep it up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts